rideemout

Potential match ups

Lets be honest Kevin and Stephen would and could be a good match At state but a very dumb one why would two kids who can and will win state easily against anyone but each other wrestle each other at state that would be ignorant but a great match probably the best ever in the state .

As for Austin and Anyone who is actually dumb enough to go 220 at state next year who might win at another class god bless them they need help because he is on fire and he isn't even anywhere near his peak neither is Stephen ,

Anyone lasting a match with Austin next year at state can consider their self incredibly talented lucky and blessed . It's pin city baby here on out at state ,

Hamilton will be much improved next year he is already very good and he will only get better I was impressed with Polly not getting pinned by cooper but poly doesn't have Hamiltons room or team barring a pin out of nowhere it will not be close .

Lets be honest Kevin and Stephen would and could be a good match At state but a very dumb one why would two kids who can and will win state easily against anyone but each other wrestle each other at state that would be ignorant but a great match probably the best ever in the state .

As for Austin and Anyone who is actually dumb enough to go 220 at state next year who might win at another class god bless them they need help because he is on fire and he isn't even anywhere near his peak neither is Stephen ,

Anyone lasting a match with Austin next year at state can consider their self incredibly talented lucky and blessed . It's pin city baby here on out at state ,

Hamilton will be much improved next year he is already very good and he will only get better I was impressed with Polly not getting pinned by cooper but poly doesn't have Hamiltons room or team barring a pin out of nowhere it will not be close .

Heard from a birdy that Polly will try to attend Union next year. Any takers?

yea. he is going to union next year. Hamilton and polly wrestled over the weekend and Polly pinned Hamilton, but Hamilton was pretty much in control the whole match, and got called on some rather questionable calls

see what happens, John Cal becomes the Ky BB coach and people start to realize its not about talent development , its about getting the best kid to transfer. LOL

Do a list of state champs last year and how many wear kids that transfered from the programs that developed them?

Mpire- your right I cant see a Bryant v Austin match being close. I became a fan after the inside trip. As for the Steven V Cooper match, I give Cooper the egde because of natural strenght and speed. I think Stephen should be a 45lber he looks small for a national level 150-152lber

Next years state tourney should be a great one, our top 1% is as good and deep and talented as I have seen in the 26 years in this sport that I have observed.

Did not know they wrestled over the weekend the pin comment was true I guess Poly at Union would probably change things quite a but for him and perhaps the state . I still take Hamilton at state though cooper beat Poly rather easily at state and Hamilton is talented I would have liked to see their match .

You were making some good points untill you mentioned speed and then I got very confused ! They match up differently but speed And natural ability is why Stephen was able to set out most of the year wrestle a couple weeks and walk through the state tournament quicker and easier than anyone there . Doubt he goes 45 he doesn't like cutting and while he was a small 52 he has been cutting to make the summer tournys ,

I actually have not seen Bryant wrestle I'm sure I saw him at state but I overlooked him I guess I watched Jude and he looked impressive but did not wow me with wrestling neither did any of the other upper weights not being a jerk just being honest Austin truthfully did not wow me either he won and and stuck to his plan but wrestled much better this past weekend while Stephen wrestled better at state in my opinion . I think I said it before if anyone was going to beat Austin they had their chance this past year it will not happen now he is improving physically to the point of no one being close he is still out of shape but controls the tempo and is becoming a Matt general he showed great poise and intelligence this week as did so many on the team and as he has done for years did not break under pressure . Without knocking anyone I think he can pin through the rest of his time at state and will live up to my boasting and bragging lol .

Cooper and Stephen will be a great match they probably will wrestle somewhere next yr if not sooner Cooper is sharp and strong but he cannot manhandle Stephen as he does the rest of the kids in the state and Stephen has an arsenal ability and speed that no one has even seen yet from him in his time wrestling in KY And he will not be able to manhandle Kevin as he has everyone else it will be a wrestling match . The best ever in the state two very skilled middle weights .

polley to union...idk about that...but on the polley vs hamilton topic i will say..kory has pinned hamilton here recently over the weekend...Polley is a special kid..dont see many people touching him next year at all even hamilton..

I can only base my judgement on the videos that I have seen stephen against top competition on here for speed and Cooper did look faster. and It might be a drilling the rust off issue. We all know half of speed is reaction that comes from drill in wrestling. Not saying when Fargo comes around Stephen's rust issue be gone. I think if he wants to win Fargo he needs to be at 143 (if thats the weight class). You know if it was his sophomore I would even recommend he sit out the summer and let him have teenager time. Wrestling year round is the most taxiing sport and Im a firm believer that sometimes you need to be a kid to be a wrestler

I personally would love to see myers Cooper match up. That's what it's about, just like the Ervin and ruchell match. Beat the best to say u are the best. As far as best match possibly but it would be hard to top the epic. Scott Cooper vs Luke metzkers match.

I agree on the lighter weight issue for Stephen but I don't know what video you were watching Stephen was fast and explosive at state and wrestling up even more this weekend against bigger kids he still got of his moves . Perhaps you need to actually try one of those low ankle pics on a bigger kid to appreciate the speed it takes or how fast you have to be to get behind someone after a throwbye etc who is a bit bigger , wrestling at 145 or even a real 152 he will appear much quicker if that's possible , if you want to see how fast he is or can be go to flow or watch his match where he bumped up to 60 something this week either way everyone will have their pick but you can't judge speed by watching matches of kids wrestling different weight classes I would actually think a kid wrestling up and winning would get the speed nod , I'm not going to touch the strength issue it's kind of misleading , I have seen Stephen pummel heavies to death and run strong looking kids over . Cooper is Definatly a strong talented wrestler who has much mor Matt time this year than Stephen and years of experience an all the bonuses a wrestler could ask for ,

Stephen has grown up wrestling who will be the strongest wrestler to ever step foot on a Matt in Ky , it will not be an issue for him it will Come down to wrestling and all aspects of it .

I'm sorry but Ruschell is not the same level as Stephen or Cooper not really even close Ervin is But I have seenStephen beat Rueschell 14 to 1 in a HS match it wasn't close and should not have even lasted all three periods just being honest ,Rueschell obviously dieted veeeeey hard and had sise advantage on Brock an still lost , not really a historic matchup in my somewhat outsider opinion .

I have never heard of the match mentioned I assume the Cooper is a well .... Cooper of the wrestling Coopers .. Therefore I'm sure he was good I think I have heard of the other guy in ky and that's it ,

I think a lot of people have seen Stephen and Kevin wrestle already they have different strengths . Most would agree your speed theory is way off both seem to horse around they at very evenly matched up Kevin better on top and bottom Stephen better on his feet not that I should break it down lol it's simply true ,if they get to wrestle everyone will be happy but the loser but seeing Kevin around for years and knowing what it takes to be a state champ and what it means to these kids an I know it means a lot to all of them but I wouldn't want to see either lose a title particularly mine but the wrestling gods will determine what happens .

I'm glad we are in Ky very pleased with how the year ended and after season is going very happy to have great coaches and new friends for me and my sons like coach Ervin good people ,

I always thought KY would enjoy a great big wrestler the stereotypical country boy although he's not a country boy I hope the state takes to Austin and what he will attempt over the years ahead and I hope they appreciate the boys efforts as well as tolerate and appreciate my own .My boys looked awful damn good in blue this past weekend lol

I think Simon Kenton and CC should be a great dual meet next year that could come down to shuffling some weights. Maybe some will be lucky enough to see them wrestle in a dual meet, but come state time why not have two state titles come back to nky instead of just one. I know I will come watch the dual and keep my fingers crossed. This side of the river its rare you get to see wrestlers of their caliber wrestling in a dual meet.

see what happens, John Cal becomes the Ky BB coach and people start to realize its not about talent development , its about getting the best kid to transfer. LOL

Do a list of state champs last year and how many wear kids that transfered from the programs that developed them?

Mpire- your right I cant see a Bryant v Austin match being close. I became a fan after the inside trip. As for the Steven V Cooper match, I give Cooper the egde because of natural strenght and speed. I think Stephen should be a 45lber he looks small for a national level 150-152lber

C

Next years state tourney should be a great one, our top 1% is as good and deep and talented as I have seen in the 26 years in this sport that I have observed.

The inside trip for the last few seconds win was storybook stuff a little tale to tell in the years ahead .

The 360 double for the first score in the match was him showing he is anything but an ordinary good big boy and that he will not fall when those around him do and that is what he wants I heard the anouncer going over the scores suiting his match 30 something to 9 for Indy having Kevin and Stephen and some of the other bug guns lose close ones would dishearten most but I heard about the kid he wrestled well before I saw him Austin do not break but rather came after him right away very proud I saw him back up a lot yet still at least double the other guys offensive attempts I know he was gassed at the end and it was smart of him to take his time when needed some kids will not take a break for anger or fear of looking weak I guess the big boys have to at times , didn't like the fleeing call without a leg I don't like them ever getting behind someone is a lot different than being in a scoring position maybe it was good being down by one forced the attack and it worked ,freshman or not and regardless hi weight or state no one can take anything from him or anyone on the team for that matter , results do not lie

I agree about Stephen and Kevin they both deserve to go out champs and they are actually friends in Oh even though they do nit admitt it all the northern studs seperate , but I also remember the Taylor Palmer match craze Wow it was insane of Taylor dominated in my opinion but it was much awaited .

As for Austin he would be an incredible 195 lber next yr but I doubt he cuts it would be good for Fargo useless for state I would rather him become the legit 220 he can at state should he choose to go hvy afterwards he might as well quit no one could dream of beating a 250 + lb Austin in ky he would never be tested by wrestler or coach at 220 he ha some good coaches at cc to work him over for now even a brave dad with some skill and heart from Holmes who gives him some goes .

Picture him with 20 or 3o more lbs of muscle at 220 and that is what you will see by his jr yr .

I'm just saying from the practice room, whenever Kevin and Stephen wrestle, Stephen normally dominates him. Kevin is hard headed and a great wrestler but he doesn't match up to Stephen. Kevin will not go to the same weight as Stephen

I was stating the historic match up of Cooper vs metzker. Not Brock and ruchell. Lol. I was using them as the vest kids in two weight classes got together and banged it out at state to see who the better kid was. By far not a historic match ever.

The inside trip for the last few seconds win was storybook stuff a little tale to tell in the years ahead .

The 360 double for the first score in the match was him showing he is anything but an ordinary good big boy and that he will not fall when those around him do and that is what he wants I heard the anouncer going over the scores suiting his match 30 something to 9 for Indy having Kevin and Stephen and some of the other bug guns lose close ones would dishearten most but I heard about the kid he wrestled well before I saw him Austin do not break but rather came after him right away very proud I saw him back up a lot yet still at least double the other guys offensive attempts I know he was gassed at the end and it was smart of him to take his time when needed some kids will not take a break for anger or fear of looking weak I guess the big boys have to at times , didn't like the fleeing call without a leg I don't like them ever getting behind someone is a lot different than being in a scoring position maybe it was good being down by one forced the attack and it worked ,freshman or not and regardless hi weight or state no one can take anything from him or anyone on the team for that matter , results do not lie

I agree about Stephen and Kevin they both deserve to go out champs and they are actually friends in Oh even though they do nit admitt it all the northern studs seperate , but I also remember the Taylor Palmer match craze Wow it was insane of Taylor dominated in my opinion but it was much awaited .

As for Austin he would be an incredible 195 lber next yr but I doubt he cuts it would be good for Fargo useless for state I would rather him become the legit 220 he can at state should he choose to go hvy afterwards he might as well quit no one could dream of beating a 250 + lb Austin in ky he would never be tested by wrestler or coach at 220 he ha some good coaches at cc to work him over for now even a brave dad with some skill and heart from Holmes who gives him some goes .

Picture him with 20 or 3o more lbs of muscle at 220 and that is what you will see by his jr yr .

That was a nice match for Austin vs Robinson. Austin took it to Robinson for most of the match. The score wouldn't have been as close had Austin been able to finish a few of his shots. Not a knock on him, Robinson was huuuuuuge and it was his only advantage against Austin. Fleeing call was garbage true enough. Cooper and Stephen would be the match of the year in KY.

Otto you are right Austin could have scored a lot more although he seemed to back up more than normal he also had much more offense than the Indy kid he needs some work and a little rust knocked of a well but he proved he can hang with the best from other states , fleeing call was bad I thought but it happens ask Stephen . Otto I can't wait for the years ahead when Austin takes his A game north , if I were him I might start each practice by torturing everyone who calls me that ridiculous nickname they have him in grant county he was the truck now in cc he's a clown .. Funny stuff

Could see it a few times Stephen Poly Cooper and Hamilton are all 145 Hamilton weighed more than Stephen a week or so ago ! They should all wrestle in the Ironman tourny 4 man round Robbin make it five put Canter in as well Kevin Stephen and Jude in a three man round Robbin Iron man , no add Canter and Chamberle make it a five , same day Brock Jayce Faust and Reuchell 4 man ,

Austin Bryant and the Chicago hvy kid in a three ,

Throw the Jones in the mix and better yet add Fahy in with the five man and it's off the hook ,

Watching Fahy a couple weeks ago I would give him the nod folk style anyway freestyle I take Stephen Greco I would say Cooper but I don't know Stephen is tough in the tie ups over under cooper is a Russian machine Doubt Poly and Hamilton could Come close to the others in fr gr i would like to see Jude wrestle Greco he would probably be an AA with the work .

The jr class in Fargo will have some possible ky AAs for sure some may be GE same class .

195 or 220 will be the decision of the year a possible AA spot or get big for fall and next yr 220 probably Cooper at 145 should do well Stephen will be lazy and not cut leading to problems for him in my opinion not so big a deal for a first yr big boy to get beat sham too I would gladly lose 2 for every one of Stephens should he chose to cut to 45

Not for Austin though only 1 for 1

Mpire I can appreciate the speed and technique to hit those moves unfortunately I was a 6 foot 7 Heavyweight so finding the bigger guy was hard for me but i did actually hit a few of those moves when I wrestled and shock a few people when i demonstarte them in the practice room. The most speed I have ever experianced on the mat is when Lesnor comes to town to roll arond on the mat and breaks me into pieces with his double. Like I said I have only seen Steven on videos posted on here. I got the flu at the state tournament and didnt get to see him. Might see him next year if I come back to coaching

I think ride out has taken his stance on the subject because of speed .Stephen is rusty and needs solid Matt time I have seen him beat national ranked # 1s at 103 in HS. Beat kids like Whitford in practices and he has beaten top ranked kids before basically off of his speed when he was sharp if he gets back to form this year no one in the state could come close to him not downing anyone just stating a fact based on his history and what he can do .

He has loses recently to kids he should never have lost to hopefully he wakes up if not he has wasted his potential and long yrs of work . Of. Course it's funny I will get blamed for moves and losses but we moved many times before and thy always improved when they listened to reason and trained as I told them it's now up to him to sink or swim I tire of getting fingers pointed at me for being the father trainer I have always been I will let him learn and people will figure out sooner or later why things happen the way they do Anton who knows us sees who puts in the extra work in the gym and would on the Matt .

If Austin stays his course he achieves more than not only his brother but anyone ever in his new state in the sport If he whims to believe the falsehood that what got him there is not required to keep him improving he will start to stumble as well ,

I wandered of topic but I think it's a point some need to consider and maybe some young man will notice hey I need to listen to dad or coach they may just be right !