Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

KY vs The world

My sons have both went to Danville and Iowa nat duals different yrs on different trams and under different circumstances , three teams Moller Prodigy and Team Jordan , of course Team Jordan Shows up with the best of the best and wipes it out whole Prodigy wins the silver pool and Moeller does close to that , to beat a team like Jordan's is almost impossible and some of the other states have similar teams I'll brings it's best same for Pa and Mich at times Ky will not have the numbers or as many kids as them maybe ever it would take a doubling or tripling of the sport to challenge those teams , my sons had great tournaments and stories to tell from those events matches with great injuries they overcame against nationally ranked kids some wins and loses both won golds at times and it's fun having Jeff Jordan tell you your kid simply destroyed everyone take em down let em up whole tournament after having him lose the year before having his teeth put through his cheek from a knee wresting through some losses till he could get stitched up , also one wrestling up in Iowa and overcoming odds to snatch a gold, maybe it's not about winning as much as the experience and memories the kids will get at tournys like these look for other Ws at times like that there's more than one way to win ,

• Upvote 1

In a dual there is no way ky all stars could hang with oh all stars, but I believe there would be several closer matches and even some unexpected upsets for the ky team. 106 ky loses by pin or at very least major. 113 ky loses probably by major but maybe just decision. Kill intel or Blackwell either one could make a go of it and anything can happen in wrestling. 120 I think Garth would not lose by more than a dec and very possibly could get a upset victory.i don't know who Brock would have in his weight but I think he could bang with just about anybody oh has at that particular weight. 132 jayce is very talented but probably not on same level. Only chance he has at winning is other kid gases for some reason because I have yet to see him gas out. He probably gets majored or even teched. 138 Fahy could def slip away with with a dec but prob loses a close dec. I agree cooper or Meyers either one wins at 145 and either one loses by maj or better at 152. 160 ky loses pretty bad prob pin. 170 Jude loses only because he hasn't trained with tough competition. He def has the tools to make a go but would need to be pushed in a hard room for couple weeks to be competitive for 6 min. 182 ray is very tough and keeps match close but loses. 195 we get pinned unless Meyers is here then maybe we keep it close and if lucky a win. Same for 220. Meyers = possible win but close loss or pin if anyone else is here. Heavy has been a weak weight for ky for a very long time. We lose by pin. Do in the end I agree oh goes12-2 with a chance of 10-4

I think the last 3 years we've been to Danville, ILL the Illinois Gold team won it all 3 years but only by 6 points or less to an Ohio team! 2 years ago I believe they pulled a nail biter Ohio Stallions Black 30 Vs. IKWF gold 39 and last year was the same thing IKWF Gold 31 vs Ohio Stallions Black 30! Those two teams were monstrous! I think both of those teams if I remember right beat the 1st string team for Nebraska & Minnesota pretty soundly!

Team Jordan(phenomenal) hasn't been in 3 years, but I know they were in the finals in 2009, I just don't remember who won! The Michigan team was there that year too and they were Beasts!

I def think ky all stars could hang with th tn all stars and possibly win that match-up. I don't think they would beat ga or Fl but tn and ky are about on the same level.

We've done well in certain duals that I was uncertain how we would fare like last year, Ky 59 vs. Nebraska Red 15, although the year before they beat us 73-10! 3 yrs ago we beat Illinois Top Dawgs pretty good, and they returned the favor the next 2 yrs! We've beat the Texas Teams all 3 yrs Ky has been going to the Middle school duals, but I heard that Texas doesn't send their best to that Tournament!

I know team Jordan won it 3 or 4 yrs ago Stephen wrestled for them but I know they don't go every yr they probably pick their tournys between there and the one in Iowa

• Upvote 1

In a dual there is no way ky all stars could hang with oh all stars, but I believe there would be several closer matches and even some unexpected upsets for the ky team. 106 ky loses by pin or at very least major. 113 ky loses probably by major but maybe just decision. Kill intel or Blackwell either one could make a go of it and anything can happen in wrestling. 120 I think Garth would not lose by more than a dec and very possibly could get a upset victory.i don't know who Brock would have in his weight but I think he could bang with just about anybody oh has at that particular weight. 132 jayce is very talented but probably not on same level. Only chance he has at winning is other kid gases for some reason because I have yet to see him gas out. He probably gets majored or even teched. 138 Fahy could def slip away with with a dec but prob loses a close dec. I agree cooper or Meyers either one wins at 145 and either one loses by maj or better at 152. 160 ky loses pretty bad prob pin. 170 Jude loses only because he hasn't trained with tough competition. He def has the tools to make a go but would need to be pushed in a hard room for couple weeks to be competitive for 6 min. 182 ray is very tough and keeps match close but loses. 195 we get pinned unless Meyers is here then maybe we keep it close and if lucky a win. Same for 220. Meyers = possible win but close loss or pin if anyone else is here. Heavy has been a weak weight for ky for a very long time. We lose by pin. Do in the end I agree oh goes12-2 with a chance of 10-4

Who are your team players on the Ohio team?

So you are able to predict wins and losses and how they will happen just based off of what others have stated, not knowing who each kid will wrestle?

Just curious.

Just putting my 2 cents worth in off all the information that everybody else has she'd light on. You moire an others haven given credentials and I have seen most if not all these wrestlers wrestle so yes off what other people have said and my personal experience.

Don't get me wrong I too think it would be more on the lines of 13-1 12-2 but it is wrestling and styles do clash, so 10-4 or 11-3, 12-2,13-1 or a 14-0 is all possible. I definetly don't think ky can do better than 4 wins right now

With these two teams.

Mpire writes a lot of stuff, but one thing he's 100% accurate on is how competition makes you better. Yenter has a nice pedigree already. How much better would he be if he wrestled at Medina, Top Gun, Brecksville etc?

How impressive is Union county? I can see how the northern Ky schools are doing well. Trinity/X are blessed with talent pools and resources too. Larue and Union doing what they do without any nearby schools to push them is very noteworthy.

I'm a wrestling nut. I grew up in NE Ohio and have lived in South Carolina, Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. Most of the time programs rise or fall to the competition around them. Ky schools arent ready for St Edward/Perry etc. but it's remarkable we're producing Big Ten caliber kids, even though it's just a handful.

Well most states are not ready for st Ed's but they lose a lot next yr although I suspect they still find a way to stay on top in Oh but I think Wadsworth or someone upset them in the past few yrs .

Tim, I agree with everything you just said with the exception of Union Co comment. They have some very tough Indiana programs right across the river from them like Mater Dei, Memorial, and Reitz! They are also real close to Illinois where they bump into good competition from there and finally the Ervins have a long rich wrestling tradition and background where most of the older Ervins wrestled in College at Illinois & The younger Ervins are currently wrestling at Illinois and if I had to guess Brock might follow suit there too. If not Illinois I can see Brock wrestling for almost any Big Ten program.

Just because Union County is 5 hours away from Ohio doesn't mean they don't face tough competition. They do their fair share of traveling to tournaments in IN, IL, and TN. Hardly ever wrestle in state before the month of January. Just saying.

, give me 20 kids who want it I will give you 20 kids going D1.

I have heard you make a statement like this in many of your posts.

There is a flaw in this. I would bet that any wrestler you ask will tell you they "want it".

Now if you are talking about kids the "want it" and will do what it takes to get it. Then I would argue that anyone with a wrestling background would be able to do the same thing.

Most high school coaches don't get many of these type of kids. Most parents and kids are not willing to sacrifice thier future on something that has a limited chance of success and will bring them little in return for their future.

I applaude you on taking that chance with your kids. I surely hope it works out for their future and yours. (I'm talking past high school and college) Those trophies and medals will eventually be stored away in a closet somewhere gathering dust, much like mine were until my little ones asked to see my state medals. (I actually found the last one in the kids fishtank buried in the gravel).

Don't think that I am bragging here. In my day all you had to do was be stronger and meaner than your opponent and you would more than likely win. I would never survive with what I knew then, in todays wretling in KY.

Its hard for me to reply to your comments without sounding or being arrogant which I am , so now that that Is out of the way I have trained my whole life been a trainer my whole life, I have trained since I was 9 yrs old competed in powerlifting since I was 13 , I have trained quite a few champion bodybuilders power lifters and worked with a few fighter boxers and other athletes and all have had good results and we have learned a lot from each other .

As for saying anyone with a wrestling background could do the same maybe they can I'm sure there are those capable probably more so I never wrestled in a folk style match ever but I think one of the most successful coaches in the country never wrestled either .

Now when my sons decided to wrestle I was very much into training for bodybuilding and powerlifting and staying in shape nutritionally . Pretty much right of the bat I started training them breaking down what moves and routines and exercises would Benifit them as time went by what we did changed as my boy changed just as everyone's workouts should change as they grow and adapt , I also watched teams train and quite a few tapes of college teams training picking out what we thought was best ,

Everyone is different I have one son who did not do well at first but was obviously talented at least to me and a few of my friends who are fairly good judges of ability I had another son who won pretty much right away but is less naturally gifted they evened out pretty much over the years . of course you need the kids who "want it" but I think I can take those kids and give them the extra edge that separates them from the rest actually I do not think , I know I can and so does everyone I have ever trained for anything .

I'm sure there are people with wrestling background that can train kids for wrestling way better than me but I woul be a liar if I said I think there are many that can come close to training kids like I can and my training covers way more than wrestling.

I have been around dozens of coaches with much more wrestling background than me who train their kids

and they have not had the same results , so no I do not think anyone with a wrestling background can have the same results . I think you must have a passion for the sport and winning as well as covering all the aspects not just wrestling and I have found few that were willing to admitt theirs wasn't the only or best way ,not saying mine is I have an open mind I know there is always more an better ways and things to add and improve , I also know that given 20 hard working young kids with dedicated parents I could get 20 scholarships

There's not a doubt in my mind what I can do with kids who have the same attitude , I have seen enough wrestling enough sports and athletes to know if there is a will there is a way and I know I can find that way .

As has been stated the depth is much greater but there have been Ky kids doing well in OH , of course my personal beef was with a few blasting my kids I know why they comment they know kids have been off the Matt and wish to hit someone when they are down because that's the only way they can beat certain kids who have shown them up, I doubt any Norther Oh people care about Ky it's obviously the SW guys who are ticked at having been outdone by Northern Oh and some kids who came to ky .

To say a kid wouldn't make it out of districts is a mistake Austin has never not made it out of districts since 1 st grade same for Steph an both are the only two to win jr high dist every yr ,

Of course they would not be the weight they were in ky that was not thee choice as falsely reported they were not allowed to drop because they did not make weight or get the chance to rather although Steph did but it was before he was allowed to , they should do away with how they do weight very in ky it's unfair and hold kid back making matchup a unfair at times .

Can't post on yappi and didn't do anything to get banned except reply to a dirty pm by a hater .

Noticed They are still on aCollica kick Stephen beat him at every level grade school jr high and HS and he beat and places higher than Newhouse an Bright . As for the rankings comments ky kids are ranked and Stephen was voted # 1 125 lb wrestler in OH last yr and just because someone crosses the river doesn't mean they forget how to wrestle , and josh Lowe smoothing with the haters and dropping kids from his rankings is a joke ,he simply has a chance to blast two kids from Cincy who showed him and his buddies up and gave the SW some hope you know it and everyone in oh Does as well we did it first and better and set the bar .

Of course the current moe clique has a chip on its shoulder having been whipping dogs for the boys for yrs their fab fresh haven't lives up to their expectation or Stephen and Austin will end up where none of them could a 4 timer who dominate Oh Ed's is down next yr bet they still beat moe it's in their psyche ,

Don't know what they mean about puberty and me hiding kids steph wrestled HS for two yrs in oh 93 and 4 I think h wrestled all grades all kids and Austim wrestled open tournys in summer in HS div for yrs he beat two moe kids as an 7th grader over summer one yr

Regardless I'm beating a dead horse myself they seem bent on attacking us when I compliment all who deserve it and yeah I think it's funny their ow ran from Steph last yt at Swowca and still lost to a no ranked kid , that's one of Moes greatest guess , now I'm thinking Austin ends up better than any kid in Cincy ever he knocks out 4 even in ky but at a big weight and he will beat everyone in oh by his jr yr easily just as he did in jr high and jr high in oh is one div,

Ignorant for them to attack him as for his development he has gotten much stronger since the end of the season he would be a contender at 195 in oh next yr without ?

Fahy ,Cooper ,Brock , Jayce , Yenter , Faust , Hamilton , and some others would all do well in Oh Jude with a few weeks of top caliber partners would do well I'm sure that's what athletes do in those situations .

Probably quite a few I missed a for all the ky teams didn't do well against oh teams that did poorly at state talk CC would have beaten a lot of teams at state that they might not at smaller tournys it's the nature of the sport top guns score big at big tournys ,

There are a few teams in Nky that can compete and a few outside of Nky that could compete in Oh not knocking off Ed's or graham but hanging with the average to slightly better teams and gaining i do think it's very possible for a few ky kids to do better than their Oh counterparts and I am sure of one who will and know one who did ,

My point is they seem to try to pay themselves on the back by knocking people who are improving ,take it as the compliment it really is they wouldn't be talking if they were not concerned after being 2 nd rate to Northern OH for so long some Cincy people need an ego boost let them feel confident it makes it that much easier to catch up to them I think some of the wins this yr ky kids had over some of the better Cincy kids woke them up a bit,

You say JJ Jude maybe able to hang with the Ohio kids. Well I believe he has proved he can. Let me explain. The kid (Brandon Taylor) that finished 3rd in this years Ohio high school state championship and was ranked #1 in Div. 2 in Ohio this year JJ Jude beat 11-2 at WSAZ this year. The Taylor kid only lost 6-3 I believe to the eventually Ohio state champion Chris Moore from Clyde. So I believe that proves he at least can hang with Ohio kids.

Jude is a nice wrestler, as is Taylor. As for rankings though: Brakeman Report Taylor #6 DII, Bucksman has him at #7 DII. DI has a handful of guys that would wreck Taylor, another two or three in DIII. That would put Taylor somewhere around #13 to #15 in the state. However, not that any of this is an exact science, Jude beating Taylor might extrapolate out to a top four finish in OH DII. Nice work Jude. This thread has gone on far too long. I have been hoping that somebody would put something together to contradict my suggested match ups. I was alerted that Moeller sent a team to Simon Kenton in '08 or '09. Some schedule snafu left an open date on their schedule. They sent a team comprised of primarily frosh and JV wrestlers w/ a few upperclassmen and hammered the field. Sorry to be vague on the details, I wasn't given much info. I will have to dig a bit more and get after my Moeller connection, unless someone can shed some light on this.

Taylor is ranked #1 Div. 2 by OWR ( Ohio Wrestling rankings) and he finished 3rd in the state so I don't see how you have him in the 13 to 15 range. Jude out wrestled the kid by a lot (11-2) and the Taylor kid only lost to the eventual state champ 6-3 I believe so I think Jude could have very well placed first in Ohio aswell. He has earned everyones respect. He has been a all american the past 3 years while finishing runner up his sophomore year.