Sign in to follow this  
KYgrappler

Campbell vs the world

I remember the booing of Woodford in my day. I don't think it was in spite, but more because of their swagger. They knew they were good, and they backed it up. I myself always enjoyed the underdog story. I also have been around for a lot of Mater Dei Indiana championship runs. They were cheered a lot of times and booed as well. I never participated in the booing side because they were more humble in their wins. I think I can handle a winner no matter how great they are as long as they are humble and respectful. Booing a high school kid is usually only deserved if they bring it upon themselves in the way they carry themselves as an athlete. So, I would clap if the Myers would win, but I would have a huge smile and cheer loudly if they were to be upset just because I like the underdog story. So good luck to all wrestling this weekend.

Hopefully the only booing you hear is from a bad call and directed at the ref and not a wrestler. That being said i an 100% sure Union Larue and Campbelyl fans will not be pulling for each other and will be cheering for whoever is wrestling against then. That is to be expected with such a tight race between the top three teams.

Good luck to all wrestlers and teams. I can't wait to see who comes out on top individual and team title.

• Upvote 1

I was part of a state title team and the crowds cheered heavily against my team at regionals and state. Never bothered me a bit. Actually I think I benefited from it. Same thing when I wrestled in college.

And this keeps popping up so I'll say it again. I NEVER condone booing a HS athlete. There is a difference in booing a and cheering for or pulling for an underdog, big difference.

I don't get it. Do you think I am for booing? I hope not. I thought I made myself pretty clear. Rooting for the underdog is fine... I do myself sometimes. What I am against is rooting against someone just because of who they are, as this thread asks if people would or wouldn't do.

Why do people keep comparing Campbell County to Union County. Our transfers at least moved in before season started.

And different than the Meyers neither wrestler could tie his shoes until they came to Union. Watch Union pull out another one.

Brave Soul: Carr and Blackwell could both more than tie their shoes when they reached Union.

I have been a fan of Nky wrestling for a long time. I would never BOO a wrestler even when they act poorly on or off the mat. I have been known to boo a call by an official. Remember these are children and they should not receive Boo's.

Adults on the other hand can make rational decisions and are suppose to be the leaders of the youth. Booing is a time honored tradition to show disapproval of something or someone. Therefore booing adults can be excepted. I for one will be booing if and when the CC staff receives the coaches of the year award. It will be my sign of disapproval for their late season decisions.

With that said I will cheer and clap and root for all Nky wrestlers CC or not. Unless they wrestle other Nky wrestlers then I seem to root for the underdog, the underdog wrestler not the team.

Campbell County has a very good team lead by some very good coaches. If you want to hate on them that fine because we all know you're only hating because you can't imitate what they have. You don't see other powerhouse teams hating you see teams that will never have a chance to win a team title hating. Just thought I would throw my opinion in there.

"My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world."

-Muhammad Ali

• Upvote 1

Sorry Hags been there done that a LOOOOOONG time ago in the stone age. You are somewhat correct, I could not do it again at my age. No affiliation any more except to Nky wrestling.

If your who I think you are i also watched and rooted for you in your day.

Anyone who says adding two probable state champs who will probably pin/tech through the tournament to an already solid team is not going to make much of an impact is DELUSIONAL. Campbell will probably win this years tournament, and the Meyers will be why. It makes me sick that these kids were granted a release. Anyone remember Hardy Hendren? He was a kentucky native who wrestled for KCD. His program got cut when he was a junior, and his family attempted to enroll him at North Oldham so he could continue wrestling. The khsaa DENIED him his release (bear in mind this was also in between seasons) even though his school no longer even offered wrestling. But somehow these kids from out of state get a release to transfer in the middles of the season. That is a disgrace. I don't care what anyone says about it, shame on the campbell coaches. They had one thing in mind when letting those kids on the team, State Championship.

• Upvote 1

I understand you maybe not liking the fact that these boys were granted their release and I'm not 100% sure of all the facts, but weren't they banned from their team due to no fault of their own. If that is the case why shouldn't they be allowed to wrestle. My other statement is what did Campbell coaches do wrong as long as they followed the rules, they don't have anything to apologize for. If the wrestlers were deemed eligible it's up to that coach to let them wrestle and i'm sure some people probably don't like it, but that's his program and his job to run it. Bottom Line!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I understand you maybe not liking the fact that these boys were granted their release and I'm not 100% sure of all the facts, but weren't they banned from their team due to no fault of their own. If that is the case why shouldn't they be allowed to wrestle. My other statement is what did Campbell coaches do wrong as long as they followed the rules, they don't have anything to apologize for. If the wrestlers were deemed eligible it's up to that coach to let them wrestle and i'm sure some people probably don't like it, but that's his program and his job to run it. Bottom Line!!!!!!

AGREED!

If it was no fault of their own, then they should still be a Grant Co. wrestling! 72. Bullitt Central 3.00 (tie) Grant County 3.00