Sign in to follow this  
three

Hats off to Ryle

Ryle had the chance to get 2 high ranked wrestlers before another school was asked. They said they would gladly take them , but they couldnt wrestle varsity untill next year. Because they were coming in to late. Coaches decission.

Ryle had the chance to get 2 high ranked wrestlers before another school was asked. They said they would gladly take them , but they couldnt wrestle varsity untill next year. Because they were coming in to late. Coaches decission.

Let me guess the Meyers? :blink:

Let it go, so ryle said no and Campbell said yes. How about concentrating on upcoming regions and states.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the sooner we can get this swept under the rug, the sooner the Campbell County faithfull can pretend this was a perfectly ethical and fair way to handle this situation.

• Upvote 1

Where would you get such information.

I'd like to know where also. Pretty hard to tell someone that when you can't talk to them.

Love this post! I distinctly remember Ryle supporters backing the same coaches when they let a very talented young man wrestle for them (hall). Seems as though carma played a roll, as they have two runners up banners hanging in their gym. : (

Love this post! I distinctly remember Ryle supporters backing the same coaches when they let a very talented young man wrestle for them (hall). Seems as though carma played a roll, as they have two runners up banners hanging in their gym. : (

That may be a reflection on Hall not so much on Ryle.....look where he went next. I'm sure their coaching staff went recruiting in Michigan.

Actually... what happened at Ryle was Mr. Meyers showed up during a practice and asked to speak to Coach Ruschell about his boys transferring. Coach Ruschell politely told him him, according to KHSAA rules, was not able to speak to him. He explained he meant no disrespect, however not only was he not able to talk to him about his boys, he did not appreciate the interruption during the team's practice as his responsibility was to his team during this time. Coach Ruschell was asked by one of the parents at a later date if he would let them wrestle for Ryle if they came and he said any kid that is a student at Ryle can join the team. He doesn't decide who can enroll in the school and he doesn't turn anyone away that wants to wrestle, but this late in the season the team was set. It would not be fair to the guys that have wrestled all year and earned their spot, this close to Regional, to allow someone to come in and bump them out. Someone else may think different, but this is a coaches decision and he wouldn't change the lineup. Now I know someone is going to ask how I know this and I'll tell you I personally witnessed some of it and heard from a very close friend the rest. One more point about Mark Hall. Mark joined Gray Middle School near the beginning of wrestling season and earned his spot. I agree it's time to move on... Coach B made a decision and it is what it is! Just wanted to set the record straight.

• Upvote 1

Seriously, people get over it. The dad thought he had moved into the Newport school system NOT Campbell County. So just to clarify you want to punish the 2 kids because of the dad's actions? People will say this is a lie, go ahead, I really do not care, but the truth is, the kids are the team and they are wrestling for Campbell County. Another thing, KHSAA RELEASED them, so what is the uproar?

What is the uproar. In what level of sports are you able to pick up a new player just for the post season? They were not affiliated with CC on any level.

Even in Beer league softball you can't bring a ringer in for the post season. I know that is a KHSAA problem, but just because they said it was OK does not mean it is OK, and it was up to the coach to make the final decision.

Did you ever think that maybe KHSAA wanted to pass the buck: They probably thought the Coach B would make the right choice and this would clear them of any possible scandle.

I would say that people side with CC's decision if you are one of the two?

1. Young and believe that winning is all that matters

or

2. You live in "Mike's World" I've heard this used a lot recently and it seems to be true.

I was able to leave this world and now can look in and I see many problems.

Or just maybe these kids did wrestle in the early portion of the season and were punished not because of their own actions and should be able to compete. Everything doesn't always work out with a great story book finish, but it's done, let the post season continue