Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

Region 1

There are at least 6 state qualifiers who aren't going to state this year and 1 state placer. If Region 1 does good enough at state we can have a legitimate claim as the toughest region in the state. 106-152 all are sending good kids to state. But these results also add to the list of state qualifiers I have beaten in my day

I know how hard it is to run a tournament and I respect anyone who tries. That being said, this Regional Tournament was the WORST ran tournament I have ever attended.

1. There was no reason to have a 2 day event other than the reason of getting two days worth of admissions.

2. If you are going to charge people $5.00 a day admission and use the excuse that the KHSAA dictates this, then you should not be allowed to have your Senior Night at this "KHSAA Sanctioned Event". This is post-season, Senior Night should've been done during your season.

3. T-shirts had to be ordered on Friday night to be delivered on Saturday. That's just weird.

4. I've never seen a tournament go 3 rounds of championship including Semi's then start consolations. Those poor kids in consolations NEVER got a break.

5. If you are going to attempt a Face-Off, you first need some music in the background and someone who knows the wrestling lingo to announce the wrestlers. Kudos though to the lady who spoke the whole weekend, at least she tried. When you announce a record it is for example 30-2 not 30 vs 2. While I'm at it it's "Most Outstanding Wrestler" not "Most Valuable Player". Someone should have told her though, I do not blame her. Like I said at least she tried.

I don't know how many tournments they have ran before, but for this to be a Regional Event I expected more.

• Upvote 1

where was this at? And FYI they probably had to do 2 days because if some one who lost in the first round has the right to wrestle back for 3rd . most of the regions have had to go to 2 days because of the 5 match rule

all Regional tournaments are 5 dollars. Region one has added two more teams this season and rumored to add McCracken county next year.. Mayfield, Murray and owensboro catholic to follow in the coming seasons. That's why it was two days. The 5 match rule would come into effect.

The t shirt issue actually is a wonderful Idea for Caldwell county HS to not have a ton of shirts left over. I feel Caldwell ran a wonderful region tournament. A lot of great wrestling and lots of upsets.

I know how hard it is to run a tournament and I respect anyone who tries. That being said, this Regional Tournament was the WORST ran tournament I have ever attended.

1. There was no reason to have a 2 day event other than the reason of getting two days worth of admissions.

2. If you are going to charge people $5.00 a day admission and use the excuse that the KHSAA dictates this, then you should not be allowed to have your Senior Night at this "KHSAA Sanctioned Event". This is post-season, Senior Night should've been done during your season.

3. T-shirts had to be ordered on Friday night to be delivered on Saturday. That's just weird.

4. I've never seen a tournament go 3 rounds of championship including Semi's then start consolations. Those poor kids in consolations NEVER got a break.

5. If you are going to attempt a Face-Off, you first need some music in the background and someone who knows the wrestling lingo to announce the wrestlers. Kudos though to the lady who spoke the whole weekend, at least she tried. When you announce a record it is for example 30-2 not 30 vs 2. While I'm at it it's "Most Outstanding Wrestler" not "Most Valuable Player". Someone should have told her though, I do not blame her. Like I said at least she tried.

I don't know how many tournments they have ran before, but for this to be a Regional Event I expected more.

From your comment I'm assuming you have ran a tournament, which would make you a coach from this region? My question to you would be why are you asking things you were a part of. All these things were discussed as a group during the Region meeting (cost, times, and schedule). As far as the music goes that was my fault and I take all the blame for not having that together before the tournament starts, but to say the tournament was a bust is a little off. I have ran tournaments for several years and feel I do OK at it. I have also been to tournaments that are what you called the worst ever. Like not starting until 12pm when you had your kids there at 7am or computers go down and they don't have a back up plan and your still there till 12 at night and the tournament only has 10 teams attending. First round had 85 matches and second was 86. Our region has 14 teams and for us to have the tournament start on time and end at 5:30 on Saturday I'm very pleased with that. I guess I'm just old school I'm more worried about getting things started on time and ending early than entertaining the fans, I'll try to work on that next time. In ten years when we are able to host it again, you look me up and I'll let you pick out the intro music for the finals so we have that covered.

No complaints. We got home Saturday and the sun was still out. They even had Pagliais Pizza in the hospitality room!!! As Coach said, we all voted on how to run things and the price. Only complaint I had was that bald ref. That guy was terrible.

No complaints here either. Having run a tournament, I understand how difficult it is. It ran smooth, & I was home so early, I was shocked at the time. Great job by Caldwell.

Notable kids that did not qualify that are ranked or even placed at state last year. 106. Travon Thacker. 132 Bill Moore. 138. Jacob Bennett. 152. Jerry Haywood. 145. Gabe Ervin. 106 Dalton Putty