113 smith mow

121 Duncan

130 rich

140 Oxford

152 meiman

168?

190 granziani

Hwt ?

Turk - I would have to commend Muller and his coaches for making a great move to put him on his feet with 10 seconds to go to tie up the match and then pull it out in OT. Great Job Muller and Coaches.

"that was a gutsy move Mav"

• Upvote 1

What a great tournament, several wrestlers surprised everyone. Like any great tourney, we saw lots of upsets. The 140 final was awesome as well as the 75lb final. I thought Roth gave Moore all he could handle. I am so impressed with the amount of quality wrestlers all throughout the state. Several young wrestlers made their names known and I can’t wait to see how well they do moving into next year. I could think of many wrestlers that will be making a return to the podium next year. At this point, I’m sorry to see it all end.

The tournament was very well ran, so hats off to all that helped make it possible. Great jobs to all the kids that competed, it takes a lot to get these kids ready to compete at the highest level in the state. So, great job to all the coaches out there too.

• Upvote 1

Yes! Great job to everyone involved in the tourney, coaches, parents, fans and wrestlers. I would have liked to have seen the 140 final between two healthy (not sick) kids. I notice right at the beginning he was not right. I hope Frankrone is ok and hats off to Oxford for going after him. Great win and well deserved.

Did anyone noticed why the tourney ran a little longer? Nope, not because Wilbers slowed it down. He runs a great tourney. It's becuase there were not as many pins this year. Many more complete matches. Not sure of the number of pins, but it was considerably less. The gap is closing on your top level kids and wrestling is getting more competetive across the state. Job well done getting these kids ready to wrestle. I can't wait to hear when KY wrestling gets put on the map with some of your powerhouse wrestling states. It all starts with the young ones.

Yes! Great job to everyone involved in the tourney, coaches, parents, fans and wrestlers. I would have liked to have seen the 140 final between two healthy (not sick) kids. I notice right at the beginning he was not right. I hope Frankrone is ok and hats off to Oxford for going after him. Great win and well deserved.

Did anyone noticed why the tourney ran a little longer? Nope, not because Wilbers slowed it down. He runs a great tourney. It's becuase there were not as many pins this year. Many more complete matches. Not sure of the number of pins, but it was considerably less. The gap is closing on your top level kids and wrestling is getting more competetive across the state. Job well done getting these kids ready to wrestle. I can't wait to hear when KY wrestling gets put on the map with some of your powerhouse wrestling states. It all starts with the young ones.

I agree...the areas that have great Youth feeder programs are the areas that produce great Middle School Wrestlers and even greater High School Wrestlers (that is as long as they don't get burnt out and quit by the time they get to High School). I am excitedly looking forward to the years of Kentucky wrestling to come!

I didn't see Jacobs (Elkhorn)at 80. Was he there.

I'm not positive, but I believe that I heard someone say Corey didn't make weight. If that's true, I feel very sad for him. I know it happens, but it still doesn't make it any less disappointing to them when it happens. Especially when they work so hard all year long.

It will be interesting to see if the Northern Kentucky programs leave the rest of the state in the dust. The Oldham programs and River City/Shamrock are doing great things (along with Union Co etc) but the numbers and quality at CC and Ryle are impressive at the youth level.

It's great to see the sport flourish.

It will be interesting to see if the Northern Kentucky programs leave the rest of the state in the dust. The Oldham programs and River City/Shamrock are doing great things (along with Union Co etc) but the numbers and quality at CC and Ryle are impressive at the youth level.

It's great to see the sport flourish.

Are you saying that bcs NKY had 4 teams in the top 10 and 7 in the top 20?

I'm not positive, but I believe that I heard someone say Corey didn't make weight. If that's true, I feel very sad for him. I know it happens, but it still doesn't make it any less disappointing to them when it happens. Especially when they work so hard all year long.

It's true, Corey didn't make weight. That's about all I will say about that. Kraezig and Wells deserved to make finals. Congrats to both for a great season and one heck of a finals match. Also, Roth is a little man. I can't wait to see him in years to come.

No disrespect intended to my own club or any other teams not from N Ky. Cincy has finally caught up with NE Ohio and the N Ky community is benefitting from that as well. Just look at the numbers and quality of the youth programs from that area. The bar has been raised.

No disrespect intended to my own club or any other teams not from N Ky. Cincy has finally caught up with NE Ohio and the N Ky community is benefitting from that as well. Just look at the numbers and quality of the youth programs from that area. The bar has been raised.

Until St. Ed's opens a campus in Hamilton County, NE Ohio will remain the mecca of high school wrestling. Good Luck this week.

Until St. Ed's opens a campus in Hamilton County, NE Ohio will remain the mecca of high school wrestling. Good Luck this week.

They have a campus in cincy Its called Moeller.

I'm sure they had to start some place. St Ed's current run didn't happen over night. That was decades in the making. The bar is rising in Cincy and a lot of the teams in NKY mainly compete in OH...that's a great thing. KY still has a ways to go, but look back when the MS State tourney started in KY and look at it now. This will all translate in time to better competition for all and it has in a relatively short time.

It's true, Corey didn't make weight. That's about all I will say about that. Kraezig and Wells deserved to make finals. Congrats to both for a great season and one heck of a finals match. Also, Roth is a little man. I can't wait to see him in years to come.

Oh, I agree! I feel that all the boys who made it to the finals deserved to be there. I would never take that away from any of them. Brady looked great out there, as he always does. Roth is a little powerhouse and I expect nothing but great things from him in the future. I look forward to watching all the boys as they either continue to grow in Middle School or once they move on to High School. I love this sport...it's the best one out there and by far the most exciting to watch!!!

It was the late 80's/early 90s for me. St Joe, Ignatius, Eds, Walsh, Solon and the infamous

Mentor Meatgrinder. Dare I say there were excellent wrestlers who couldn't make it out of the Mentor district to qualify for state who would have been Div III state champs!

...not to mention SW District champs as well as the Cincy area was woeful.