bulldog-leader

Dedication and Commitment

Why not? Seems to work pretty good for him. And if you don't think CC coach had a state title in mind your just being foolish.If he didn't, they wouldn't be wrestling this season for CC.

What works good for who? Clarify please.

• Upvote 1

ThrowKing and Takedown Machine 152 just 2 of the many screen names of one person.

I believe Bachman worked all year for his spot and it should be his now.Coach always has final decision.I do not think the correct decision has been made

So the few CC faithful who are pretending this was an "ethical" deicsion have firmly attached their blinders and are cirlcling the wagons. Reminds me of Nixon and "All the president's men". Yes I have been around this sport a very long time and I can say without a doubt this is the most blatent disregard for the spirit and intent of the KHSAA rules I have ever seen. This is up there with Barry Bonds saying he was unaware he was taking steroids. I guess win at all cost is the name of the game!

Clarification:

Throwing a tantrum has worked pretty well for Chris Myers!!! Are we clear now?

Got it. I don't have a dog in the fight so I'll stay out of it. But I will keep reading.

His thoughts may not have been directly on a state title. His thoughts were he thought i would be easier to handle than Papa Meyers.

As stated by another, I am doing just what Papa Meyers has done fight for my kid.

To show my support to my kid I feel that I must make a stand and draw a line in the sand. I now must follow through and I have personally broken all ties with campbell county wrestling. I know this is not a huge loss for the team but its my only coarse of action left. My son cannot go 145 and it is way to late to transfer schools.

As i told Mr. Bankemper, If I could remove my name from the banners hanging in the gym now I would do so.

Now Kent must go 160 and maybe take a spot from another hard working wrestler, who then may go up and take a spot from someone else. This in no way makes for good team chemistry. My hopes is that if Kent does wrestle 160 or any weight. That any matches that he can possibly win he will win by 7 or less so as not to gain extra team points.

• Upvote 1

Well handcontrol if they do stay at CC and they win one next year too at least it will be "legal" and they wont't have to put an asterrik next to it in the record books

Gotta agree with bulldogs action. If you are in a situation you disagree with, remove yourself from the situation. I applaud you for this. However, it takes a little bit away to come on here and air your grievances. I hope its just to set the record straight and not start a war of words. I too disagree with situation but it is what it is. Has my opinion been changed of Campbell, absolutely. Will it affect my thoughts on state wrestling as a whole, no! Campbell will have this black eye for many years to come. Its their deal now.

• Upvote 1

I hope those of you who are complaining about how this is a blatant disregard for the rules realize no rules were broken by coach b, the KHSAA ruled them eligable! So the argument is his decision to let them wrestle.

How many of you are supporters of union, trinity, ryle, Simon Kenton? All of these schools have been accused of similar things. I believe SK Had a pretty good kaiser transfer in from scott, trinity won a state title with a bradberry, now a hitchings, ryle had a runner up finish with a Hall, oh and all the union folks have had a title with Carr, and Blackwell.

So to those who say that "this" is what the sport has come too I agree, but don't put one persons head on the chopping block, it is the sport as a whole.

With things the way they are today (people acting like babies when things don't go their way) loyalty very rarely exists.

BL you have every right to be pissed off your son lost his spot to a better wrestler. But, keep in mind there are many factors that play into this and would you be this upset if Stephen had beat the 160 pounder and your son was not affected? I think not.

• Upvote 1

His thoughts may not have been directly on a state title. His thoughts were he thought i would be easier to handle than Papa Meyers.

As stated by another, I am doing just what Papa Meyers has done fight for my kid.

To show my support to my kid I feel that I must make a stand and draw a line in the sand. I now must follow through and I have personally broken all ties with campbell county wrestling. I know this is not a huge loss for the team but its my only coarse of action left. My son cannot go 145 and it is way to late to transfer schools.

As i told Mr. Bankemper, If I could remove my name from the banners hanging in the gym now I would do so.

Now Kent must go 160 and maybe take a spot from another hard working wrestler, who then may go up and take a spot from someone else. This in no way makes for good team chemistry. My hopes is that if Kent does wrestle 160 or any weight. That any matches that he can possibly win he will win by 7 or less so as not to gain extra team points.

Wow! That last part to your comment is absurd. I can't believe that a parent would say that. And, well, a former coach! CC might be relieved that you cut all ties with an attitude like yours BL.

Why not have him lose team points by arguing with the refs or cursing like I witnessed at the conference duals with CC and Ryle.

Must be busy with Throwking,Takedown Machine 152 and handcontrol all using the same computer in the city of Wilder.

I like Coach B alot.He still has time to do the right thing.For him and CC,I hope he does.

Must be busy with Throwking,Takedown Machine 152 and handcontrol all using the same computer in the city of Wilder.

I like Coach B alot.He still has time to do the right thing.For him and CC,I hope he does.

You have no idea!

All I am saying is that since He has been betrayed by his team then he needs not go out of his way for the team itself. I also said HOPE, not that he was told to do so.

As you well know Handcontrol Mr. Bankemper did not allow a kid to wrestle regions last year after winning a wrestle off because he did not work hard in practice. He did this to sent a message to the kids that if you don't work hard for the team you will not be on the team. I disagreed with this move but remained quite about it. A similar think happened 2 years ago with a wrestle off but you were not there. (Also involvling my son)

Now he is making the opposite decision. I also pointed out that it will be unfair to the 160, 182 (a second time) and possibly the 195. No matter what happens next the betrayal has occured and things will never be the same again.

All in all my greivence has been said and the outcome over. My hope is that I will get to see my son wrestle another match this year. And hopefully next year (if this has not soured him) He has already said I wish the season was over already?

I hope that no-one else will ever have to see a 17 year olds dreams dashed by betrayal. It is one of the hardest things you will ever have to witness as a parent.

I have told him if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you be grateful. There are many other things that are much, much worse. As a parent however it is devestating, our entire home has been affect by this.

• Upvote 3

All I am saying is that since He has been betrayed by his team then he needs not go out of his way for the team itself. I also said HOPE, not that he was told to do so.

As you well know Handcontrol Mr. Bankemper did not allow a kid to wrestle regions last year after winning a wrestle off because he did not work hard in practice. He did this to sent a message to the kids that if you don't work hard for the team you will not be on the team. I disagreed with this move but remained quite about it. A similar think happened 2 years ago with a wrestle off but you were not there. (Also involvling my son)

Now he is making the opposite decision. I also pointed out that it will be unfair to the 160, 182 (a second time) and possibly the 195. No matter what happens next the betrayal has occured and things will never be the same again.

All in all my greivence has been said and the outcome over. My hope is that I will get to see my son wrestle another match this year. And hopefully next year (if this has not soured him) He has already said I wish the season was over already?

I hope that no-one else will ever have to see a 17 year olds dreams dashed by betrayal. It is one of the hardest things you will ever have to witness as a parent.

I have told him if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you be grateful. There are many other things that are much, much worse. As a parent however it is devestating, our entire home has been affect by this.

How are his dreams dashed? Just curious, because you just said that he could wrestle for the 160 spot.

• Upvote 1

BL I have been around a lot longer than you think! Almost 10 years now at CC. Though I have never stepped into the wrestling room to act like a coach, my sons have been through the CC program and I have the utmost respect for all of the leaders of said program. I am hoping that your son does not feel betrayed by his teammates because they do not deserve any of the blame for this situation. Keep it between you and the coaching staff.

BL I have been around a lot longer than you think! Almost 10 years now at CC. Though I have never stepped into the wrestling room to act like a coach, my sons have been through the CC program and I have the utmost respect for all of the leaders of said program. I am hoping that your son does not feel betrayed by his teammates because they do not deserve any of the blame for this situation. Keep it between you and the coaching staff.

You are correct, I did not mean to implicate his teammates. If I did that was not my intension at all, I support all of the wrestlers themselves and hope to see them return with many individual state championships and medals.

I am not even bitter at the newbies, they are good kids and I wish them the best. I would even go as far as saying I hold no ill against the newbies father, and I wish his hopes and dreams come true for his kids.

You are correct, I did not mean to implicate his teammates. If I did that was not my intension at all, I support all of the wrestlers themselves and hope to see them return with many individual state championships and medals.

I am not even bitter at the newbies, they are good kids and I wish them the best. I would even go as far as saying I hold no ill against the newbies father, and I wish his hopes and dreams come true for his kids.

I really do understand why you are pissed know that I wish this post was never started. I hope to see kent compete at a high level and achieve/prove something to his doubters if only for himself!