Sign in to follow this  
wrestling24/7

Mustang classic at North Oldham

North Hardin, Franklin County, Christian County, Moore, University Heights, North Oldham, Central High, Doss, Dixie Heights, Holy Cross, Fort Knox, South Oldham, Boone County, Bullitt East, Oldham County, Eastern, Bullitt Central, Iroquois High School, PRP, McCreary Central & Trinity.

North Hardin, Franklin County, Christian County, Moore, University Heights, North Oldham, Central High, Doss, Dixie Heights, Holy Cross, Fort Knox, South Oldham, Boone County, Bullitt East, Oldham County, Eastern, Bullitt Central, Iroquois High School, PRP, McCreary Central & Trinity.

I would assume this is going to be Trinity's JV team?

The teams I've coached have been going to this tourney for 6 or 7 years now and it seems like most teams do bring their varsity. I think I can remember a couple of years where Trinity has brought their JV. For the most part, I've talked to some coaches at this tourney of what you would consider the better programs there and in some cases, they leave it up to their wrestlers as to whether they compete or not since it's the week before regionals and some may need the short rest from a long season before that last push. I think last year Oldham County had some varsity kids competing, but it was mostly JV and Eastern did the same thing. I don't remember Trinity being there last year, but the year before that, their varsity (for the most part) competed. Three years ago, again I seem to remember it was mostly their JV with a few varsity kids.

Several weight classes look pretty deep, so it should keep the competition coming early. In the past, if you lost in the first round, you could only wrestle back to 9th, I believe. This also helps to keep the day from dragging on.