Ranger123

The Middle School List - Post Season 2012

70 Favorite: Yenter (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Whorton (North Hardin), Hammons (Caldwell Co), Pledger (River City), Horton (Ryle), Tucker (Woodford Co), Bixler (Elkhorn), Sawyer (Fern Creek)

75 Favorite: Moore (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Roth (Walton), Bender (Bluegrass WC), Ervin (Union Co), Slone (Johnson Co), Garcia (Fern Creek)

80 Favorite: Wells (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Kraezig (River City), Jacobs (Elkhorn), Ervin (Union), Creech (Walton), Roberts (Woodford Co)

86 Favorite: Scheffer (Union)

Contenders: Wise (East Oldham), Chaffee (Ryle), Cook (River City), Mattox (Harrison Co)

92 Favorite: Bindner (River City)

Contenders: Gray (Caldwell Co), Siddens (Moore), Holub (Turkeyfoot), Smith (Walton), Johnson (North Hardin)

98 Favorites: Oxford (Union Co)

Contenders: Meyer (Walton), Miles (River City), Jacobs (Fern Creek), Jarrow (North Hardin), Simpson (Bourbon Co)

105 Favorite: Erdman (Ryle)

Contenders: Emerson (OIdham Co), Wiley (Conner), Blanton (Johnson Co), Ruttman (Calloway Co), Kline (Trigg Co), Farwick (Ryle)

113 Favorite: Heidorf (North Oldham)

Contenders: Spahr (Campbell Co), Smith (Union), Barton (Trinity), Holt (McNabb), Rogers (5 Star), Cole (Fairdale)

121 Favorite: Duncan (North Oldham)

Contenders: Cooper (Summit View), Vasquez (5 Star), Cole (Christian Co)

130 Favorite: Rich (Ryle)

Contenders: West (Larue Co), Reitnauer (North Oldham), Bourassa (Harrison Co)

140 Favorite: Frankrone (River City)

Contender: Oxford (Union), Hayden (Elkhorn), Cornett (Turkeyfoot), Nikols (North Hardin), Holt (Ryle), Coy (Harrison Co)

152 Favorite: Meiman (Ryle)

Contender: Emerson (Oldham Co), Lawson (Hopkinsville), Thome (North Oldham), Rademaker (South Oldham)

168 Favorite: McIntosh (Oldham Co)

Contenders: Calhoun (Rivery City), Anderson (Elkhorn), King (Johnson Co), Krueger (Ashland), Garland (Campbell Co)

190 Favorite: Graziani (Campbell Co)

Contenders: Chandler (Fern Creek), King (Johnson Co), Sherman (Union Co)

230 Young (Lafayette)

Contenders: Mueller (Twenhofel), Kearins (Conner), Slone (Johnson Co), Sherman (Union Co)

Top School Teams: Campbell County, North Oldham, Elkhorn, Christian County

Top Club Teams: Union County, River City, Walton Verona, North Hardin

I would add two things.

First...Ryle should be included as a Top Club Team. Adding Meiman and Erdman back in the mix will put them in the top quarter of all teams by themselves. Might be a little exaggeration.

Second...Andrew Bailey from Cooper Jaguars gave David Rich all he wanted and a very close match in the finals (2-1). I personally think David is the cream of the crop at 130, but Bailey will surprise some folks in the end. Don't be surprised if you see him on the podium.

I personally think at 130 that West from Larue should be the favorite. Reitnauer from North Oldham took Rich 9-3 at OC Superduals. I think they are closely matched, but I think West is a little better on his feet, and that will make the difference.

Angel Vasquez.....at 121......from Lafayette "Five Star"......been really dominant at varsity all year long.....Truly one to watch.....My money is on him for the Championship !

Personally, I'm impressed with having this many top level kids across the state. Every year more and more kids are added to the mix that can flat out bring it. I have been invovled with KY MS wrestling for the past 7 years and I can see the talent level improving each year and every year it gets tougher and tougher to make the podium. I'm not saying every weight class is like that, but all of these kids on this list can compete with the best in the country. Now, the hard part is getting these kids to stay in the sport without getting burnt out because we all don't want the old saying to come true..."middle school studs become high school duds". when they get to the next level.

Keep training hard and everything else will fall into place.

• Upvote 1

I think that Emerson (Oldham Co.) at 105 should be favorite, I think he is a smarter wrestler than Erdman although they are two great wrestlers I think Emerson will emerge victorious...

After Regions im surprised this thread has been quite. I know there is some sleepers out there, some upsets, some big wins, ect...

Region 3 had its share of all the above.

The Campbell County "Three", as I am calling them all looked fantastic in their finals match.

Yenters toughest match came in the semi's against Holub where he was down for 2:59 then decided to turn up the heat and win the decision 8-2. He cruised in the finals over tiny Grandstaff. It looked like there was atleast a 15 pound difference between the two wrestlers!

Moore got a huge win and completely dominated Roth from start to finish. Moore is extremely tough on top and appears to be strong for this weight class. Pinned all three of his opponent including Roth in the finals.

Then there is Brady Wells. This young man has been wrestling forever and although the score didnt reflect it, Brady dominated Creech in this match up. I think the final was 6-0?

Given their draws I can see all three in the finals, with only Brady having the chance to be beaten by Ervin. Brady has been in the finals the last three years I really hope he can win a state title this year. That boy deserves it and I will be rooting him on from the stands.

Gray will appear to also have its version of the Campbell County "Three". 8th Graders Johny Mieman, Logan Erdmen, and David Rich all looked impressive in their finals match and will give Gray possibly three state champions like the year before when they had Mieman, Erdmen, and Belk. With these three in the finals and other wrestlers like Chaffee, Brossart, and possibly Horton medaling Gray looks to be contending for the club state title with Union County. Gray will need all hands on deck though to compete with Union and give them a run for their money.

Good luck to the whole region down at State!

daboss777,

I have yet to see Emerson wrestle this year, but I'm going to let the results speak for themselves and say I don't see anyone beating Logan Erdmen at the middle school level. I'm sure Emerson has improved since two years ago when he beat Logan, but Logan has improved more than any other kid I've seen over the past four years. If Brady is smarter, then Logan is stronger and Logans technique is way more unique and polished than Brady's i'm betting. The top half of the 105 bracket has a lot of talent with Kline, Emerson, and Wiley all going to be battling it out to face Logan in the finals. Should be fun can't wait to watch this bracket play out.

Wells and Ervin will need to strap on and hold on tight if they draw Jacobs. He looked great at 86, and even tougher at 80. Should be an excellent weight class to follow at State! All 3 can bring it, don't forget about Krazieg as well.

Are brackets for state posted yet?

daboss777,

I have yet to see Emerson wrestle this year, but I'm going to let the results speak for themselves and say I don't see anyone beating Logan Erdmen at the middle school level. I'm sure Emerson has improved since two years ago when he beat Logan, but Logan has improved more than any other kid I've seen over the past four years. If Brady is smarter, then Logan is stronger and Logans technique is way more unique and polished than Brady's i'm betting. The top half of the 105 bracket has a lot of talent with Kline, Emerson, and Wiley all going to be battling it out to face Logan in the finals. Should be fun can't wait to watch this bracket play out.

Top Teams: Campbell County, North Oldham, Elkhorn, Christian County, Ryle, Union County, River City, Walton Verona, North Hardin. Anyone have any idea the total number of wrestlers each of these teams had actually make it to state. Sure a few of these teams have a few studs that we expect to be in the finals, but overall do these teams have enough kids to back these studs up and make some noise to put some points on the board.

Elkhorn has 11 going to State.

Wow...nice.

Campbell County in Region 3 has 13 going. Very strong team. I'm going out on a limb and saying Tanner Yenter at 70 and Ryan Moore at 75 run away with it. Also, Brady Wells I think finally gets a well deserved title. Came away very impressed with those 3, although Moore out of the 3 really looks hard to beat.

This is some of the teams from what I counted (first number = total number going, 2nd number = number of those that are champions from their region, 3rd number = weight classes represented by more than one wrestler) Campbell 14-6-1, River City 13-6-1, Union 11-8-0, Elkhorn 11-2-0, Ryle 10-4-1, Fern Creek 10-3-1, North Hardin 10-1-2, Walton Verona 9-2-1, North Oldham 9-3-0, Christian County 9-1-1, Oldham County 5-3-1

• Upvote 1

Ok 14 for Campbell County. I miscounted. They are our rival but you can't deny, their coaches and kids have done a great job.

Definitely done a great job, will be interesting to see who comes out on top. Alot of good teams sending quite a few wrestlers, too bad there's room on the top of the podium for only 15 guys, will be interesting to see if there are any suprises, Rangers list looks pretty solid but you just never know, strength, speed, technique, will, heart, determination, which will be the determining factor.

A few updates.

Nice to see Miles make the list, he's really been working his tail off this year and the recognition is well deserved. I'm guessing you put the contendors in the order which you think are the strongest and its nice to see his name close to the front of the list, looking forward to some great wrestling next week.
  • Upvote 1

Nice to see Miles make the list, he's really been working his tail off this year and the recognition is well deserved. I'm guessing you put the contendors in the order which you think are the strongest and its nice to see his name close to the front of the list, looking forward to some great wrestling next week.

Good point. It really is not in any particular order. That would be too much like ranking them and I want to avoid that.

Good point. It really is not in any particular order. That would be too much like ranking them and I want to avoid that.

I understand and can see why you wouldnt want to rank them, especially with some of the "so and so beat so and so why is he ranked higher" that I've seen on the high school rankings. But if there were a list, looking at alot of these weight classes I'm sure this ones not too far off.

About right. The listing is generally as they popped into my head, so would be in close to "ranking" order. The exceptions would be guys that turned it on later in the year and were added late at the end of the list.