Sign in to follow this  
KickEmOut

Campbell County - Ryle Dual

DuperS1 , it is YOUR fault

not the coach,not the school,not everyone

It was your fault the last 4 years,this year and probably next year.

I couldn't hear what he was saying, but what I saw was passion and heart. (And that passion and heart was contagious on the Raider bench that night!) And that is obviously what his wrestler needed.....someone to believe in him and make him dig a little deeper to push himself farther than he thought he could go. I see nothing wrong with that.

What I saw was an out of control coach who needs to learn where he belongs during a match (in the chair in the corner), instead of on his stomach slapping the mat. I do agree that the team did an awesome job and deserved the win, but like previously stated show some class COACH!!!

What I saw was an out of control coach who needs to learn where he belongs during a match (in the chair in the corner), instead of on his stomach slapping the mat. I do agree that the team did an awesome job and deserved the win, but like previously stated show some class COACH!!!

We can agree to disagree. I am glad that he has that kind of spirit and I am grateful that my son is on a team that he leads.

• Upvote 1

I think what you saw wed. was exactly what you get at each school.

You see two different philosophies of coaching.

Ryle (Ruschell) Animated in your face, win at all cost.

Campbell (Bankemper) Composed, business like, Winning is nice but respect and sportsmanship is most important.

If you like a coach who is in your face and screaming then Ryle is your place.

If you like a coach that teaches you to think for yourself and make your own decision then Campbell is your choice.

I would also point out that when campbell leaves a gym either home or away coach bankemper makes his wrestlers clean the stands where they were sitting. All garbage even trash that was not theirs but still in their area. They don't leave until all is cleaned up.

I'm not saying ruschell may not make his team clean up, but I see him giving punishment in practice for leaving a mess instead of staying and cleaning it up.

I don't know which is better but it adds to the different styles of coaching.

Speaking of class, how about Campbell Co. wrestlers &coaches snickering when Ryle sent a girl out to wrestle

Unfortunately this is one of Bankempers faults. He doesn't like girls on the wrestling team, even when he had one on his own team.

Everyone has a fault.

Figure4,

Have you ever seen Dan Gable coach? Would you say he has "no class" for his passion and antics on the side of the mat? If so, you don't belong in the sport of wrestling.

• Upvote 1

I have tremendous respect for both coaches. They may have different styles but it works for their teams / wrestlers as shown by their past and recent success.

Super S1,

I've learned over time that there are two sides to every story and even though those stories are more than likely on opposite ends of the spectrum, the truth is more often than not somewhere in between. I hope your sons get to wrestle again soon whether it be in KY, OH or wherever. It's tough to keep the #1 ranking as the top freshman in the country if indeed you don't wrestle. I'd also appreciate it if you would refrain from calling KY a second rate wrestling state. No, we aren't OH or what you're use to, but there are some good coaches in this state who work very hard to teach their kids not only how to be a better wrestler but also how to be a better individual in general. They nor the wrestlers / kids who compete in this state deserve to be called second rate no matter how upset you may be with certain coaches or a certain school.

• Upvote 1

Figure4,

Have you ever seen Dan Gable coach? Would you say he has "no class" for his passion and antics on the side of the mat? If so, you don't belong in the sport of wrestling.

Different level! Different expectations! College wrestlers are paid atheletes (most scholarships) who are expected to perform, college coaches are dealing with adults! This disagreement is over. You have your opinion I have mine, neither is wrong or right, I just pointed out what I saw and heard. Thanks for the feedback and good luck to both coaches and teams.

Different level! Different expectations! College wrestlers are paid atheletes (most scholarships) who are expected to perform, college coaches are dealing with adults! This disagreement is over. You have your opinion I have mine, neither is wrong or right, I just pointed out what I saw and heard. Thanks for the feedback and good luck to both coaches and teams.

Ok...well have you ever seen Coach Carr from Woodford County coach a match? I have witnessed Coach Carr do things on the side of the mat that should have resulted in his ejection from the tournament. However, I would say Coach Carr is probably one of the best people I ever met in the sport of wrestling. Furthermore, I would argue there is more at stake in high school wrestling than college wrestling if you want to take it to the next level. You earn your scholarship to college from what you do in high school. Next time you have an "opinion" that someone you probably don't know has no class, I suggest you keep it to yourself.

Sounds to me like a little sour grapes. Relax, it's just one dual. Both programs are very good and both coaches are class acts. For anyone to suggest Coach Ruschelle is not, obviously doesn't know the man. He has a great passion for the sport and for his kids...and yes a competitive fire, which is one of the reasons he's been so successful. I have been following Ryle's wrestling program for about ten years and never have I seen something where I said "wow that was out of line". It's just ignorant to suggest otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Ok...well have you ever seen Coach Carr from Woodford County coach a match? I have witnessed Coach Carr do things on the side of the mat that should have resulted in his ejection from the tournament. However, I would say Coach Carr is probably one of the best people I ever met in the sport of wrestling. Furthermore, I would argue there is more at stake in high school wrestling than college wrestling if you want to take it to the next level. You earn your scholarship to college from what you do in high school. Next time you have an "opinion" that someone you probably don't know has no class, I suggest you keep it to yourself.

I in no way said that Ruschell was classless away from the mat or coaching. I think highly of him as a person. I know he must be a great father and coach because of the way his children and atheletes represent themselves. As for this forum, I believe the thread is Campbell County - Ryle Dual, and no where does Woodford County or the Carrs fall under that category. Next time you jump to conclusions and put your two cents in, maybe you should head your own advice! Thanks

Figure4,

You just don't get it. YOU were the one who suggested Coach Ruschell needed to show some class by acting the way YOU want him to during the match. I am merely comparing Coach Ruschell's antics to two other well respected and very successful coaches to offer examples to help you realize how off base your "class" comment was. I have been around NKY wrestling for a long, long time. It is no secret that coach Ruschell and Bankamper have different styles. You may prefer one over the other, but, both styles work and both men have a ton of class. That's why I am compelled to defend Coach Ruschell to you or anyone else who thinks its appropriate to publicly claim otherwise. I would respond the same way if someone made the same comment about Coach B. My only assumption is that you don't personally know Coach Ruschell which is why you would make such an erroneous comment.

• Upvote 2

Raidercoach, I have to agree with you on this one. Different Coaches have different styles. Kids react to to different styles. You have to do what fits you and your program. Coach Bankemper has obviously been successful with his style as has Coach Ruschelle. I see nothing wrong with either. Personally, I like the in your face coaching style, but that doesn't make it any better or worse than any other style. Figure4, we know this thread is about the CC/Rule dual, but when questioning a man's integrity and or class, let's be reasonable. As a UK fan, I love the passion Coach Cal brings to the table. Some may question his class, I just call him a winner.

• Upvote 1

SuperS1

Your antics are hilarious and addicting to read. It's like watching a reality show, everyone is so far from the actual reality that they live in their own world. Everything you write on here is insanely stupid, you burn every bridge that you have ever crossed and most other places you want to go. It is sad that your kids are sitting out but hey that's your fault, instead of bad mouthing the coach you should be working things out in a calm manner and kissing his a.. because he's your only option at wrestling in KY..... Wait what am I doing, you can't tell this guy anything, just wasting my time. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for the entertainment and I hope you find a way to manipulate the system once again to get your kids back on the mat because they truly are the real deal.

DuperD1, we have heard this story over and over.It's getting boring.No one believed the story the first time,no one believes the story now, no one.

KY Wrestling Coaches, why are we letting this dad put down our KY wrestling coach like this? It is time to stand up to this guy and for our coach who has started a new wrestling program .This coach has put in a lot of time year around for this team and has built a pretty good team.

Grant Co. School, good job standing up for your coach.

Grant Co. Wrestling coach, do not let one dad DuperD1 bring you down.You have and are doing a good job.

Kentuckywrestling.com webmaster , it is now time to delete each and everyone of DuperD1 post and delete future post just as yappi forum does.

• Upvote 1

Have been out of the loop lately but good to see the RYLE CAMPBELL COUNTY love/hate relationship still strong as ever! Throw in Simon Kenton & Walton Verona (Dixie & Scott has some studs) and REGIONALS SHOULD BE ROCKIN this year!

Man, all of this negative discussion is so hurtful. I think we should just ask Coach Ruschell to wear a tie to conference and Coach B to scream a little more. That way we won't have to have this discussion again.

Seriously, both coaches and Coach Carr are outstanding coaches, each with a long history of success. I do great impressions of all 3. I hope some day I'm a good enough coach that people all around the state have watched me coach big matches and can do impressions of me. Note, I do a pretty good Steve Kaiser impression as well.

Guest cmccoy

DuperD1, we have heard this story over and over.It's getting boring.No one believed the story the first time,no one believes the story now, no one.

KY Wrestling Coaches, why are we letting this dad put down our KY wrestling coach like this? It is time to stand up to this guy and for our coach who has started a new wrestling program .This coach has put in a lot of time year around for this team and has built a pretty good team.

Grant Co. School, good job standing up for your coach.

Grant Co. Wrestling coach, do not let one dad DuperD1 bring you down.You have and are doing a good job.

Kentuckywrestling.com webmaster , it is now time to delete each and everyone of DuperD1 post and delete future post just as yappi forum does.

I absolutely agree. From here on...SuperS1...you post I will delete. Any time you change your name and a post looks similar to ones you have done...deleted. I have sit back and seen enough.

• Upvote 1