Sign in to follow this  
Jacketcoach

Derby City Classic

Any predictions?

Teams are as follows: Central, Male, Iroquois, Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Boone Co, Montgomrey Co, Christian Co, University Heights, Bullitt East, Eastern, Paul Dunbar, Fern Creek, Lafayette, St. X (JV), Grant Co.

top 3 central,grant,and st.x jv........in any order

Interesting........I like Christian County, Grant, Lafayette, Dunbar and Eastern.....ST X JV baffles me ! Tates Creek too in the mix !

Interesting........I like Christian County, Grant, Lafayette, Dunbar and Eastern.....ST X JV baffles me ! Tates Creek too in the mix !

eastern has a couple guys that look good but i dont see them being top 3................central has a bunch of tough and strong kids with jared lynum leading that pack of guys.........and st.x jv i think will be strong with kody despain on that line up...........heard a few weeks ago that he didnt make varsity line-up.......grant has the 2 top boys from ohio and they deff. look to be tough i mean come on(not jumping on the bandwagon) they took state gold last year and both are ranked in the nation.............

Central is probably going to win that tourney. None of those teams can really match up very well top to bottom. A few weight classes here and there but not top to bottom.

Not sure if their football kids will wrestle being a week off their 4th state title in 5 yrs.

Central is going to win this tournament? Are you Serious? Christian County has a solid lineup with guys who can score bonus pts.County should win this tournament

Central is going to win this tournament? Are you Serious? Christian County has a solid lineup with guys who can score bonus pts.County should win this tournament

It's really up for grabs I feel.....Way too early in the season to get a good read on this one.......Does anyone have thoughts on top 3 or 4 for each weight class for this one ??

Now I'm confused. Grant Co. is coming but not bringing the Myers Brothers? I was actually looking forward to seeing them wrestle.

This will be a good tournament regardless.

1. Central

2. Christian Co.

3. Lafayette

This will end up being a pretty good early season tournament. We have a number of top guys from Lafayette, Christian Co, Univesity Heights, and Central. Every bracket will have at least 11 guys in it. We are looking forward to a good tourney. Come out and watch.

We will have some football out but all will not wrestle.

eastern has a couple guys that look good but i dont see them being top 3................central has a bunch of tough and strong kids with jared lynum leading that pack of guys.........and st.x jv i think will be strong with kody despain on that line up...........heard a few weeks ago that he didnt make varsity line-up.......grant has the 2 top boys from ohio and they deff. look to be tough i mean come on(not jumping on the bandwagon) they took state gold last year and both are ranked in the nation.............

Where Jared is leading them....you will not want to follow too closely. (Inside joke. Coach and Jared will understand.)

Final results

1)Christian County

2)Central

3)Lafayette

All three teams looked really good and I must say that Central ran a damn good tournament. So good that I think I'm going to go watch their dual tourney next week featuring Woodford and Grissom (Alabama).

Also I noticed central was making some odd choices and their style nseems to be somethin intriguing. I'm not sure about it though. What do u guys think