Hawks Wrestling Club

North Hardin

Oldham Co. Middle

Turkey Foot

Twenhofel

Walton Verona

Woodford County

Union County

We had two teams drop out this week after confirming that they would attend. We have room for teams if you want to get into the tournament. 6 mats, everyone gets 5 duals and you'll be out before 4:00pm.

drop me a line at kore dot donnelly at gmail dot com if you want to send a team.

Kore Donnelly

Although a couple of teams have dropped out, there are still a lot of very good teams there. Campbell Co., Union Co., Oldham Co., Elkhorn, and Woodford Co. just to name a few. Should be a great day of wrestling. Anybody have any projections?

We always hear the negative after events (officials, delays, etc), but seldom the positive. So I had to give a shout out to Zac and Kore Donnely and the Elkhorn crew for a great event this weekend. 16 teams, 5 duals each and out of the gym with plenty of daylight. The day ran smoothly and ended with an amazing 43-40 dual between Union and Campbell.

Thanks Ranger. I would also like to give a big THANKS to the great Coaching Staff we have at Elkhorn in Kore Donnelly, Corey Cardwell and Sean House!! They have and continue to do a great job with the program. It was a good day of wrestling. Congrats to Elkhorn 3rd place finish.

This tournament was ran very well. Seldom can you wrestle 5 duals, see probably 5 or 6 of the top 10 teams in middle school, and be home in time to watch UK win and the Tarheels lose. Great day of wrestling. Would have like to seen Union Co.'s Sheffer and Elkhorn's Jacobs wrestle. Looked like both kids were highly disappointed when Elkhorn's coaches bumped Jacobs. Congrats to all. I'm sure they will meet at some point. All in all, I didn't see any coach, wrestler, or parent with any real complaint. Great job Elkhorn staff for a great tournament.

• Upvote 1

I would also like to give a shout out to North Hardin and their kids. Looks like they haven't missed a beat. It was great to see Darrell Smallwood with them. He is a great assett to that program. Truly one of the great wrestlers of the sport.

Any feedback on how some of the wrestlers did, I'm talking for any school? Did anyone surprise you regarding there performance so early on in the season? Any big matches?

Would love to see Martin vs Sheffer match up in finals at state. Martin has had some issues with confidence. If this is the year that he starts believing, there may be a state championship at the end of the year. This comes from someone who knows him very well. I'm waiting to see it happen. Big fan of Sheffer too.

Thanks everyone for attending the Elkhorn Pitman Duals this year. We got to see some great competition and I hope everyone agrees that it is good to get a measure of the talent this early. Zac, Coach Cardwell, Coach House and I take pride in running an organized tournament and greatly appreciate the recognition. We hope to continue to make this tournament the "pre-season state duals" and plan to add the best teams every year.

Thanks again and good luck to all this season.

Kore Donnelly

Very well ran tournament. One of the very few Middle School events I've been to that ran on time.

Appreciate the comments from Pin and Win, Michael looked good this weekend but we have a long way to go. Not to mention a stacked with talent weight class with Sheffer, Wells, Fallon, Jacobs, Kraseig, Wise and Chaffee plus some were not aware of.