Sign in to follow this  
Guest former_fc_wrestler

A wrestling movie

Guest former_fc_wrestler

There is a movie out called Reversal.  check it out at reversalthemovie.com

looks pretty good. :-)

Have you seen this movie? I didn't like the story line at all. Although it is true, wrestling is not everything in life, but I don't find it a motivational wrestling movie.

It's a GREAT movie for parents, bad for wrestlers. Some parts of the story show really bad instances of things that wrestlers shouldn't do... If you are looking for a wrestling movie, this isn't it. This film depicts everything that is bad about the sport of wrestling. We are talking about starvation diets, rubber suits and bulimia.

I would watch Vision Quest over this movie anyday.

Louden is the man!

I think the sequel to Vision Quest is way overdue, I see Louden going on to great things in college and as a coach. Would his rivalry with Shoot carry on into college? Would he settle down with Carla?

What ever happened to Kuch? Was he really Indian or not?

So much could have happened in the last 20 yrs!

I found Reversal to be disappointing also, I didn't like the ending. My favorite has always been Vision Quest.

Have you seen this movie? I didn't like the story line at all. Although it is true, wrestling is not everything in life, but I don't find it a motivational wrestling movie.

It's a GREAT movie for parents, bad for wrestlers. Some parts of the story show really bad instances of things that wrestlers shouldn't do... If you are looking for a wrestling movie, this isn't it. This film depicts everything that is bad about the sport of wrestling. We are talking about starvation diets, rubber suits and bulimia.

I would watch Vision Quest over this movie anyday.

I agree...it makes wrestlers look bad...definently brings out all the negitives in wrestling....

oh yes, :-Dvision quest rules.......

Louden is the man!

I think the sequel to Vision Quest is way overdue, I see Louden going on to great things in college and as a coach. Would his rivalry with Shoot carry on into college? Would he settle down with Carla?

What ever happened to Kuch? Was he really Indian or not?

So much could have happened in the last 20 yrs!

LOL....that would be a great sequel!  But in real life, I think the rest of the story would be: Louden doesn't make weight for the state tournament....I mean, for crying out loud the dude was having nose bleeds, Carla runs off with Shoot (because he's a 4 timer now ;-).....Kuch (who also stars as Jake in 16 candles) grows up and gets rich in the tech boom of the early 90's on his website www.kuchbabes.com, only to lose it all and now he lives with his parents and works at a video store. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I guess I'm a bit of a pessimist. :-D

So does Kuch get his own spinoff tv show?

I think Shoot was one of the early steroid detection cases and had to go into sports medicine.

As far as Loudon, he said some weird stuff in the movie. He may have gone into medicine too.

But still great sequel potential!

Here's something funny about the first vision quest.

Try to remember the gay shoe salesman that was staying at the hotel. He tries to make a move on Louden. A little later in the movie Louden meets Kuch outside after work and gets a ride on his bike. Walking out from work, Kuch says something about some new wrestling shoes that Louden is holding.

Where'd he get the new shoes?  :?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I totally remember that...i haven't watched that movie in 10 years, but i remembered wondering that same thing!  I think Louden was the original Brokeback_Wrestler!! :wink: :wink:

I think Louden was the original Brokeback_Wrestler!! :wink: :wink:

No WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o

Don't you remeber what he was sniffin' in the laundry room????????

We watched the Quest back in early Feb during the season and my son asked the same question, where did he get those new shoes, we laughed and laughed about it. I cant believe it about Louden considering how he liked Carla.

But then again Louden also makes some strange comments during the movie too!