Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Pre-season Rankings 2011/2012 - August 22

No I meant no bashing against ky just explaining to raider his school wasn't so much better a choice than Grant cty and if you read i said my kids chewed up and spit out all the comp in oh and they did 2 yrs undefeated in jr high and 1 fishy loss. The only on an unreal schedule in oh to a kid now in his 2nd yr of college in 2 yrs and the best record by any underclssmen if not all of hs wrestling in cincy ever.

3 AA plaques and a double AA ,and all,no bs no bragging no ky bashing in the statement only facts that are backed by records and titles as usual.

My response from a bash on our new school ,so how is taking up for a new program and school in ky a bash on ky ,

Either way you spin it someone is going to make it out like its ky vs the transfer oh stud kids so I'm not going to argue a useless cause for long with people who are out to demonize people with no reason and that is the reason I was so quick to jump the gun .I will. Just say two kids from ky dominated oh after moving there and plan on doing the same after moving back.

As for my Reading comment it was not really a knock on cc but they did loose and I was there ,making excuses only makes it look worse a kid or two out may have made a difference but readings 2nd best if not best wrestler was out as well because he was in jr high so in ky there would have been 6 more points for Reading.I wanted my boys at CC as I stated and yeah Readings tournaments are fishy very fishy ha ha but so are everyones and a lot of fishy crap goes on in cincy some noticed some not.

Yeah this is fun and keeps everyone watching lmao so let it be what it is .a bunch of people getting info while pushing their own agendas ,I just keep it real ......fun ...

I would be taking up for ryle or cc if my kids were there and I will take up for ky as always but always take up for my kids first.

Guest cmccoy

No need to apologize. Lets just all get back to what the threads are about. If we want to compare Ohio and Kentucky...make a thread about it and let it run.

How about a regional ranking?

Campbell should finally stop the evil reign of Ryle this year. :P

Campbell hs been taking their lumps the last few years. This year could be a good season for the camels. (my alma mater) Last year they were growing up into the team they should be this year. They had 2 jr. high kids 2 fresh and 5 soph starting in thier linup last year.

This year with 5 jr's and 3 Sr's on the team they should win the region and this year or next make a run for the team title.

When was the last time campbell won regions? Ryle has dominated for a wile. Maybe campbell can get back to their 90's dominance.

Ryle and Campbell I believe will see each other at the Raider Rumble in early December, then at the NKAC (not a quarantee since it is a dual tourney). They have a dual together but not sure when. They will also meet at the GMVA tourney over christmas then at the Regional tourney.

Cool ,like to see it ,nky should do a tournament with all nky schools other than regionals.

They do a tournament like that... It's the NKAC conference tournament. Though some of the region 6 teams are not apart of the Northern Kentucky Athletic Conference. (there was a huge tiff thrown about this at the coaches meeting).

Another thing NKY lacks is the amount of weekly dual meets teams scheduled against each other compared to ten years ago. (It's been that long since I wrestled, I'm almost an old man now).

I remember the jamboree dual meet, and then every week we would wrestle a dual against another NKY team, by the time regionals / state came around, seeding was easy b/c most everyone had seen everyone else. We've gotten away from this. The powerhouse teams can fill their schedule with better competition and not "waste time" by wrestling a few matches at schools with smaller programs, win duels by default, and get their team better matches.

In this region you can almost bank the ryle / CC will take at least ten kids to the state tournament each, leaving the rest of the region to fill in the few remaining spots. I know Dixie will take at least two (Cornett and Castallano) and depending on the cards could take as many as seven (Scaggs, the younger Castallano, Crowder, Z. Morris, and Furman). I'm no longer associated with the program (Had to get a big kid job), but will be helping at the middle school level. I look for these 7 kids to place at regionals this year. I hope they do, but that's coming from a biased perspective.

Gone are the days where half the wrestlers in the region / state make the state tourney. And I'm more than okay with that.

I don't have a dog in this fight but this whole conversation seems to be ridiculous. Two kids have moved in from Ohio and they seem to be very tough. We have had this before recently with the Murton brothers. There is no doubt that if they are nearly as tough as advertised then they will dominate Kentucky. The people who are on here to try and talk up Kentucky wrestling are ridiculous just as is that father of these two wrestlers. I like debating very much and wrestling is a favorite subject. However, regarding this topic nobody knows anything. The father of the two wrestlers knows little to nothing about the top wrestlers in Kentucky and we in Kentucky know little to nothing about the two Austin boys.

To the Kentucky people:

Allow the kids to do the talking and don't listen to all the hype. Tell your wrestlers to train to be the best no matter the opponent and they will make you proud regardless of the outcome.

To the father of the two wrestlers, with all due respect because I do not know you personally:

If your sons are as good as you say they are then what's the point of going on and on and on about their accomplishments? Simply let them do the talking for you. I have not checked any national rankings nor do I care to do so because I'm more concerned with collegiate and international wrestling. Talking about them the way you are simply makes you look like you feel the need to talk them up, which I don't think will be the case.

...sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention.

Your Norse God Austin needs to wrestle JJ Jude, if he can make the weight and catch him there.

Austin Myer won't get to Jude I'm betting, not that he can't or won't make the weight. You will be wasting a BIG weight cut trying to get to him!

You wrestle who's in front of you don't know many kids in ky but I do know many more tha most would think and I know my kids and who they have wrestled ,if jude is in that 190 ish weightclass they may wrestle and regardless of who austin will give them a match.

I am impressed with some of the kids in KY always have been maybe not as deep but some of the top kids are very good .hope austin does wrestle jude though ourmatches will be limited and he is a headhunter who wants to wrestle the best.he wants a national ranking like his brother and fahy and he will get it I think.

As for going on this is a .ranking thread and I was asked and added a bunch and could add a lot more but le's just let it play out season is approaching glad state is in lex

You wrestle who's in front of you don't know many kids in ky but I do know many more tha most would think and I know my kids and who they have wrestled ,if jude is in that 190 ish weightclass they may wrestle and regardless of who austin will give them a match.

I am impressed with some of the kids in KY always have been maybe not as deep but some of the top kids are very good .hope austin does wrestle jude though ourmatches will be limited and he is a headhunter who wants to wrestle the best.he wants a national ranking like his brother and fahy and he will get it I think.

As for going on this is a .ranking thread and I was asked and added a bunch and could add a lot more but le's just let it play out season is approaching glad state is in lex

Jude will beat Austin Myers. Probably a pin or tech. I doubt it will be in the state finals though. Probably the first or second round at state.

To MR NKY 3x what I meant was that would be a huge weight cut to get to him and find out he is not there!!

To Super Duck It would have to be at least quarter finals unless you don't think Jude or Myer win their region. And doubt it would be a pin or tech. Probably Decision

I'll tell you this the only way Jude and Meye meet in the 1st round is if Jude gets 4th in his region. No way does Meyer ger 4th in region 6. At 190ish there is not 3 kids good enough to beat Meyer.

I would also go as far as to meet in the second round Jude would have to had not won his region. I honestlly don't think there is anyone in region 6 around 200 lbs that can defeat Meyer.

I would also add that Superduck seems to be just trying so say something that will get a reacton.

I just hope that these two kids get a quality education. If they ever post, I will be able to understand it hopefully. Unlike MR NKY and his posts.

There you have it Austin vs Jude ,stephen vs whoever Fahy on up.let's have some fun and make some noise !!!doesn't matter to me Austin is going to be the most dominant wrestler in the state ever .

I'm just now hearing about these kids but for someone to say one of them is going to be the best in the state of KY ever is crazy, it's great to compare but I can name quite a few wrestlers that could be the best:

Willie Ennels - Hop

Vernon Jackson - Eas

Frank Wolnitzek - Cov Hol

Matt Zarth - Hen Cl

Joe Carr, Jr - Wood Co

John Wolsifer - Fern Creek

Richard Starks - Wood Co

Derek Scott - So Old

Scott Cooper - Lar Co

Neal Crawford - Sen

Dean Williams - Sen

Ian Horn - Wood Co

Issac Knable - St X

Livinsgston Merrit - Hop

Tendai Charasika - St X

Brad Cooper - Sim Ken

Jason Daviaux - Scott

Tim Whitfill - Fern Creek

Luke Metzger - Hen Cl

Coty Lewis - Wood Co

Kyle Ruschell - Ryle

Harrison Courtney - Wood Co

Mason Reid - Ryle

Josh Johnson - John Har

Caleb Ervin - Union Co

Jake Brafdord - Ryle

Brad Hitchings - Trinity

John Fahy - Trinity

Justin Davis - Eas

John Lampe - St X

Jacob Murton - Lawr Co

Myron Bradbury - Trinity

I just named quite a few of the top of my head that were pretty good (I did have to look up some of the schools and correct names), these guys all showed something that set them apart from the rest of the wrestlers and can be considered the best ever in the state. There are some I cant remember and to say that this kid compares to these guys is hard to believe. Wrestling was alot tougher in Ky 20 years ago, you are putting this kid in an elite group and he hasnt wrestled the best the state has to offer yet. 'MR NKY 3x', You shouldn't be putting this much pressure on a high school kid, just let him go out and wrestle his matches, and most important have some fun. This same situation happened with Mark Hall a few years back and it took away from the great finals match at state because people already had judged him by what others were saying. Lets not do this again this year!!!!

I know Ceron was just listing great champions but I'm going to say (in my own opinion)

1. Joe Carr

2. Caleb Ervin

3. Ian Horn

4. John Fahy

5. Justin Davis

I'm positive others will have a different top 5, but I was able to see all of these wrestlers wrestle many matches. They seemed to be the most dominant during their time. I can't wait to see the Grant Co. brothers wrestle. Fahy is the only one on my list that is currently wrestling and from what MR NKY 3x has said one of his sons can wrestle at Fahy's weight class. Lets make it happen!

I dont know all those guys but i know someone who is ranked higher than one of them and has Three All American Plaques hanging on his wall as well as top 4 finishes in Iron Man And Powerade .Based on performance in top tournys as an underclassmen alone he makes your top 5 .Wins over more nationally ranked competitors and national champs alone make him one of the top .but let him step on the matt first and yeah lets do that.

Again picking on Hall ,had he not left he would have been #1 on your list shortly.

I know that most of us on this board would want to be fans of the Myer kids, but man, Dad, you are making it hard LOL!

Ranger, where is Frederick Agyeman, Franklin Co. in the rankings? Did he get overlooked?

I know that most of us on this board would want to be fans of the Myer kids, but man, Dad, you are making it hard LOL!

Ranger, where is Frederick Agyeman, Franklin Co. in the rankings? Did he get overlooked?

Heard he will be up at 145. That's a lot of weight and with the weight class consolidation in the middle it will be tough.