Sign in to follow this  
ninja319

most unexpected placers?

Buckman has a only one acl, one was torn december 10th at the Harrison 10-way tournament, therefore he only had 24 matches total on the year. (22-2, with one loss coming to that injury default and the other out of state.) No one had really heard of him and his drop from 215 to 189 was key to Unions state title run. You could see that big knee brace he had on.

I have to go with Gahafer for most surprising placer.  This kid wasn't even in the lineup a few weeks ago.  Buckman gets the nob for champs.

I wasn't REALLLLLY surprised, but surprised to say the least by chad. He has always been a skilled wrestler, but only a freshman and being JV most of the year and getting thrown in at random weight classes when someone was injured or sick. Ranger, you might remember last year in middle school chad beat Fausz 11-3 or something like that (at least that is what one UC wrestler told me.)

B.J. Carman of LaRue County. Come on the kid barely weighed enough to wrestle heavyweight. two pounds less and he would have had to forfeit. Also he's only 5'7". This kid showed heart.

• Upvote 1

Why was he out for 2 years?

He had been wrestling for quite a while before High School and was a 2 time Middle School State Champ. I think that he just kind of lost interest for a while.