grappler-of-old

Ky Coaches Association: What do you want them to do?

I think that they should put the tournament on tv like they do basketball games and football games.Not the ENTIRE tournament but just like the quarters',semi's and finals.The finals at the least should be aired....if they do it for football and basketball why not do it for wrestling?There are a lot of family members who cant afford to go to the tournament or cant make it and would like to see their son/grandson/nephew/etc..wrestle.

Then on the other hand it might result in less people attending the tournament....

I DUNNO GOOD IDEA OR BAD IDEA??

i think its a very good ideal i wouldnt mind seeing other tournaments on tv so i can see what other wrestlers are doing and i wouldnt mind seeing my self on tv wrestlng and looking to see what i did wrong i think its a great ideal

DRUG TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD.

I agree that durgs are a problem in ALL sports and students, But this would be a huge waste of time and money.

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish with this???

The best way to get a student off of drugs and keep them out of trouble is to get them on an extra-curricular activity.

The coaches need to monitor this and help the athlete in his or her problem. Not force them of the team. All you will do is force them into the streets. Since they have nothing else to lose they hit drugs and criminal activities even harder.

Hardin County Schools (North, Central, and John) run random drug tests all the time for their athletes. Is that not standard for the rest of the state? I like the idea because it helps deal with the peer pressure issue.

No this is not a standard set by the KHSAA. Each individual school must make that decision. I'm not sure if there are any schools in Nky that do this. I seem to remember something about Dayton High school thinking about it at one time.

Second: This is NOT something the coaches assosiation can do.

Guest iceman

I was talking about steroids. Yes it is in the high schools football, wrestling baseball I hear different kids talking about it all the time. Some one always trying to get an edge instead of working hard to get it they have to cheat. I had heard a rumor that it might happen this year also if you drive a car on to school property as a student you could be drug tested. Whe a kid comes out hyped up on the juice and hurts another because of roid rage then we will see for testing.

I don't want to start to big of an arguement here. But:

Extra-curricular activities are different than attending school.

I do believe that any type of drug use is extremely wrong. I think taking away our right to choice if even more wrong.

Students are forced to get an education by law, therefore must attend a school.

You can't force a student to go to school and then take away their parents rights to that child. If drug testing becomes required in athletics then a perent can choose for their child not to participate in sports. They do not have the same option for attending school.

i think drug test would be a good thing. because drug use can lower someones ability to do that sport/sports. it would look bad on the school and that person. no matter what kinda drug it is from weed to roids it bad.

i know some wrestlers that are suppose to be the best and they smoke and well there just idiot cuz this year when they come back it aint gunna be the same after smokein all summer .. but thats just what i think

Drug use isn't something that the KWCA should be responsible for testing. The school would obviously be the one in charge of that type of abuse.

So lets keep this on the topic :D

i think there should be drug testing if u want to use roids and smoke dope then dont even try to compete its just a shortcut and its a way to hurt u and could hurt someone else wether it be being high and have a wreck or go out and have roid rage

How about making sure kids are actually eligible to play when they transfer schools

Once again not a KWCA jurisdiction.

KHSAA take care of this and if there are any questions I can assure you they look into it.  KHSAA looks into any complaint that comes across their table.  They don't look unless someone brings it to their attention.  Ask Highlands Football 2 seasons ago.  Their official record was 2 and 12 or something like that (with a state title)