Sign in to follow this  
polo

Wrestling Tournaments vs SNOW

Snow is getting on the way now that Wrestling Season is in its high peak.

Hardin County and Oldham County schools are closed on Friday.What's the rule about athletic events then...?

In JCPS, if school closes on Friday, Saturday events are GENERALLY cancelled, specially those with regular attendance like wrestling, not those with traditional high attendance like basketball or football!!!

Drive safe if you have to be out on the roads!

In JCPS, games/events are canceled UNLESS the JCPS team is not traveling outside the city of Louisville. JCPS teams can host games/events, they just can't go on the road for them.

Coach Smith at North Hardin told me today -- before school was called off for tomorrow -- that the tournament should go on as scheduled, even if school is not held tomorrow.

In JCPS, games/events are canceled UNLESS the JCPS team is not traveling outside the city of Louisville. JCPS teams can host games/events, they just can't go on the road for them.

Coach Smith at North Hardin told me today -- before school was called off for tomorrow -- that the tournament should go on as scheduled, even if school is not held tomorrow.

Which of these schools would be affected if school was cancelled for JCPS tomorrow?

Seneca High School

Moore High School

Iroquois High School

Fairdale High School

Western

Trinity High School (JV for sure)

School

Doss High School

Bullitt East

Which of these schools would be affected if school was cancelled for JCPS tomorrow?

Seneca High School

Moore High School

Iroquois High School

Fairdale High School

Western

Trinity High School (JV for sure)

School

Doss High School

Bullitt East

also prp because we was going to the dragon

Well, first of all, JCPS being closed on Friday has no effect on Bullitt East.  We're not part of JCPS schools since we're in Bullitt County, lol.  Second, we'll be at the Trojan Saturday.  It's generally up to each schools AD/Principal and since our AD and Principal are big advocates of athletics, we generally go on as planned.

This is from the JCPS athletic website.....If school is closed all day on a Friday due to inclement weather, practice or games could be conducted on Saturday.

The Dragon will be happening as scheduled.  The AD from South confirmed it.  I haven't heard about getting a pound or anything like that yet.  I believe JCPS are not allowed to practice if school is cancelled....that's why I am interested in getting a pound tomorrow.