Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

Region 7 Predictions

Maybe. Bucerzan is going to try to work out this week and come back, which fills a hole at 160.  But he has tried twice before to come back and has re-injured himself both times.  I'm close to Darius and his family, so I hope and pray that he gave it long enough to heal this time.  But until he makes it through a tournament we don't know.

Maybe. Bucerzan is going to try to work out this week and come back, which fills a hole at 160.  But he has tried twice before to come back and has re-injured himself both times.  I'm close to Darius and his family, so I hope and pray that he gave it long enough to heal this time.  But until he makes it through a tournament we don't know.

I hate that for him.  I was just going by what he told me Saturday.

I have very little knowledge of region 7 but if you go to the Raider Rumble and look at the scores Woodford County almost had more points than Lafayette and Henry Clay combined.  So unless HC and Lafayette sent their junior varsity I would say that Woodford County is still the team to beat.  FWIW  I do realize the Rumble is a different format but that is a huge difference in points.

I have very little knowledge of region 7 but if you go to the Raider Rumble and look at the scores Woodford County almost had more points than Lafayette and Henry Clay combined.  So unless HC and Lafayette sent their junior varsity I would say that Woodford County is still the team to beat.  FWIW  I do realize the Rumble is a different format but that is a huge difference in points.

I know Lafayette wasn't at full strength this past weekend.  And this is just my opinion, for what it's worth, but Woodford had the stars align a little to score more points that I would expect at a couple spots.  When we get to the big show it may turn out different.  Although I will admit that in a regional setting Woodford is looking stronger than anticipated.

I know Lafayette wasn't at full strength this past weekend.  And this is just my opinion, for what it's worth, but Woodford had the stars align a little to score more points that I would expect at a couple spots.  When we get to the big show it may turn out different.  Although I will admit that in a regional setting Woodford is looking stronger than anticipated.

Woodford wasn't at full strength either.

Woodford wasn't at full strength either.

Not suprising.  But missing a guy or two and missing returning state placers, including the #1 215 in the state, are different situations.

ubtappin - Woodford is scrappin back into the race, it is just a totally different team than we are used to seeing.  A lot of weights with good wrestlers, but no absolute studs that we are used to from you guys.  These guys still have some proving to do on the mat.

Not suprising.  But missing a guy or two and missing returning state placers, including the #1 215 in the state, are different situations.

ubtappin - Woodford is scrappin back into the race, it is just a totally different team than we are used to seeing.  A lot of weights with good wrestlers, but no absolute studs that we are used to from you guys.  These guys still have some proving to do on the mat.

That is all true.  About 8 days from now we should know a lot more.

also, many changes are due from Rickman.  Have seen several teams and weights are really off.  Also not mention of the beatdown Whalen applied to Rearic at Rumble.  I think Whalen moves up to the top 5.  Lets see some rankings before duals.

The more information you send me via Personal Message the more accurate I can make the perdictions.  Not much info coming straight in to me. Keep posting region 7 results on this thread as well. I will get something out before Region 7 Duals. Any information pertaining to  wrestlers not competing this year, weight class changes, and head to head match-ups would be appreciated.

-BIG RICK

Regarding Franklin V Bourbon

Don't know all the scores, but I can tell you,

Bourbon won the following weight classes

103    Yeaples

112 pin    Wright

119 pin    Patros

160 forfeit    Stout

171 pin    Fooks