Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

Region 7 Predictions

1- Lafayette

2- Tates Creek

3- Franklin County

Franklin County is very, very young.  Plenty of talent, and they have been wrestling since elementary, but still very young.  2011-12, 2012-13 will be their years.

Franklin County is very, very young.  Plenty of talent, and they have been wrestling since elementary, but still very young.  2011-12, 2012-13 will be their years.

Curious as to who your top 3 picks are?

Curious as to who your top 3 picks are?

I don't know enough about the other teams to post intelligently on this. I can tell you that almost all Franklin County's weights will be sophomores. I think there are only 2 seniors.

I don't know enough about the other teams to post intelligently on this. I can tell you that almost all Franklin County's weights will be sophomores. I think there are only 2 seniors.

Fair enough.

I think last season the Region as a whole seemed to generally be on the younger side, with a few exceptions I know, and I'm not overly confident- outside of Lafayette- that this season, while improved, will turn out to be much different. This is why I believe Franklin County, even though they Are young, has a chance to possibly slip into that third spot.

You can never count out Woodford County.

Oh I completely agree.  I think there are probably 3 different teams that could slide into that number 3 slot.  I do believe that Lafayette is tops in the Region this year when you look at the overall strength they have in most of the weight classes this year. But everytime people start counting Woodford out- they seem to get it together and go on a roll, so you never Really know. 

Ill take a shot at this....

1. Lafayette

2. Henry Clay

3. Woodford Co./Franklin Co./Tates Creek

Lafayette brings a whole lot back and I have heard they have added some pretty solid new comers.

Henry Clay will be tough with both Whalens, Tuggle, Duzyk, and Ogg.

Woodford County can never be counted out.

Franklin County is young but has some talent.

Tates Creek has lost a lot to graduation, injury, and kids quitting but could still be in the mix.

Ill take a shot at this....

1. Lafayette

2. Henry Clay

3. Woodford Co./Franklin Co./Tates Creek

Lafayette brings a whole lot back and I have heard they have added some pretty solid new comers.

Henry Clay will be tough with both Whalens, Tuggle, Duzyk, and Ogg.

Woodford County can never be counted out.

Franklin County is young but has some talent.

Tates Creek has lost a lot to graduation, injury, and kids quitting but could still be in the mix.

It could be me, but it seems that there are a few more wrestlers this year that seem to be just giving up and walking away from the sport. Not sure why? Who are some of the biggest surprises this year that seem to be getting out of wrestling?

It could be me, but it seems that there are a few more wrestlers this year that seem to be just giving up and walking away from the sport. Not sure why? Who are some of the biggest surprises this year that seem to be getting out of wrestling?

I think that wrestling is so hard, that if your heart is not TOTALLY into it, it is easy to walk away.

Rodrick Agyeman for Franklin County is not wrestling at 119.  He is at 130 and may go 125 after Christmas.  I think you may be confusing him with his little brother Fredrick, who is at 125 and may go 119 later in the year.

Also, Darius Bucerzan is not wrestling due to injuries sustained in a car-bicycle wreck.  Small possibility that he could come back late in the year, but not likely.

Hate to hear that about Bucerzan.  He's a good kid. 

Very nice job on the 'rankings' 171!  Maybe everyone can continue feeding info to you and you can make this a weekly thing once the season gets going.

Now that we are a couple weeks into the season and everyone is starting to get a general idea on how the weights are going to shake out- heading into Super Duals, any changes to your top 3 team picks compared to before the season started?

-I thought Franklin County looked pretty good Saturday at the Franklin County Invite.

Franklin County has no heavyweight, and I think no wrestlers at 2 other weight classes.  They are stacked 130 through 145, but have to forfeit at least 3 matches at other weight classes.