Sign in to follow this  
oldwrestler81

NCAA Division I

Kyke Ruschell finished off his college career placing 4th at the NCAAs, helping wisconson to a 4th place team finish (their highest finish in over 30 years) and earning thecoach of the year award for Barry Davis.  Iowa looked even more dominating this year winning the team title. Kyle lost his 2nd round match and won his next 5 in a row before losing in the conso finals.

Congrats to Kyle on a amazing college career.  You have given all of our young wrestlers something to strive for and have shown that a kid from Ky can be successful at the highest level.

I've heard Kyle is only the 3rd or 4th to reach All American status from Kentucky... does anyone know who the other 2 or 3 are and if any of them were two timers or is Kyle the first?

2 x All-American. That's where the bar is set, boys. Who's going to be the one move it? Caleb?John?You!!!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking.  Saturday night my wife asked me who would be the next to carry the KY banner.  2 time all american is a pretty high bar.  Then to think that is a 3rd and a 4th at that.  Pretty amazing.

Guest cmccoy

What is next for Kyle? Will he coach in college? Will he come back to KY and coach HS?

Congrats to Kyle on a amazing college career.  You have given all of our young wrestlers something to strive for and have shown that a kid from Ky can be successful at the highest level.

What are Kyle's future goals upon graduation, going into coaching? 

Many Schools would love to have a young talented "Head" High School Coach like Kyle; x-mas dinner would be exciting if Kyle was coaching against his dad  from another program. :wink: 

Congrats! to Kyle though I could have slapped him for making my BP go through the roof during trek back to the AA status.  As Old 81 said, Team Captain of a class that reached 4th in NCAA's and Coach of the Year.  Of all the yars attending NCAA to watch Kyle, I have never seen Barry Davis so emotional.  It was a pleasure and an honor to have been in his corner during his 4 years at Ryle.  Kyle has a bright future in coaching wherever that may be.  I can definitely see him at the Collegiate level. 

While I'm sorry your BP was sent soaring... you can't imagine what mine was doing... no wonder I'm getting so grey.

For those interested I've uploaded all my NCAA photos on http://bluegrasswrestling.smugmug.com/2010-NCAA-Omaha.  I've arranged them by wrestler, with files for the Awards, Coaches, Fans and Team Party, and Jared Frayer's Big 10/Big 12 match. 

I was also able to catch one of Richard Starks matches and have those in the "KY College" gallery.  Here's a direct link to his photos.  http://bluegrasswrestling.smugmug.com/KY-College-Wrestling.  If anyone has an email address for him or his parents or knows of a way to get in touch with them I'd really appreciate it if you would either let me know or pass this along to them.

Thanks again!