Sign in to follow this  
ryledad

Food Concessions

The food at this years event was absolutely horrendous.  To think that grown adults would sit in an arena and eat the crap that Lundy Food Services supplied for three full days is absolutely ludicrous.  Last year's food was 5 star compared to hot dogs and pizza?  What politician had his hand in that decision?  My vote would be to insist on having the wrestling organization help determine what type of food will be served next year.  That was pathetic and embarassing to hold all those fans hostage.  I hope everyone boycotted the food as I know I did.  If that is a yearly contract Lundy would never be asked back.  Stinky Stinky.  And then the guy from food services was rude to the patrons as they entered or left the arena. 

It was even worse for the coaches in the hospitality room. Friday, Lundy was kicked out and a real catering service. I hope there is something that can be done to make sure Lundys is never at the state tournament again...

It was even worse for the coaches in the hospitality room. Friday, Lundy was kicked out and a real catering service. I hope there is something that can be done to make sure Lundys is never at the state tournament again...

Completely agree.  I don't think I'll ever be able to eat a hot dog again.  I've had my fill.

I would have rather been  no other place in the world, but it was a very expensive weekend. The merchandise was as outrageous as the food! there was a 200% mark up on that stuff, it was nice but come on! $3 a bottle coke?? The tax taken in on food and merchandise should have cleared up the State deficit problem!!!                             

Let's just say I have been to my fair share of tournaments.  Without a doubt, this has been the worst.  Every single tournament that we went to this year provided better choices.  On Friday, in the early evening, I made my way to the concession stand and saw that my choice for something to eat was really an oversized (and overpriced) hot dog, or a piece of Chef Boarder type pizza.  At that point I decided I would buy a pop and be done.  Nothing else for three days from that place.  Had I been there for several hours I would understand.  But to think that people would eat that stuff for three days is ridiculous.  I have always happily patronized the concession area of the state tournament.  While not cheap, I thought it was reasonable considering the quality, variety, convenience, and the understanding that somewhere up the line there is a profit to be Mayfair enough.  This year I ate less, and was inconvenienced more.  Quick trips to the hotel and various food runs over the course of three days were required.  Hopefully they fix this problem by next year. 

Apparently no food vendor bid on the job and since Lundy's is already there.....

In the past an outside vendor came in and occupied the space. They grilled burgers, chicken breasts, and ribeye sandwiches.

Call it the advantage of being local, but I went out for dinner.  A block away from the arena is Buddy's Pizza (good and not pricy) and Gibby's Resturant (nice sit down place - try the hot brown).  During the day the Cheesery is open in the plaza (I haven't been in a while but it used to be good for sandwiches) Both are easy walking distance and are actually closer to the arena than the hotel.  Remember for next year if they dont get better catering.

The Pizza was more expensive per slice than my wrestling shoes.

I believe the hot dogs were 2 years outdated as someone said earlier

and a dollar for a 7 ounce water. which is a gulp.

my point is. tyler pace shoulda walked up there and thrown all of them.

because a heavy weight like him knows that food is food. not crap. food last year was incredible. this year was nothing. school food blows it out of the water. the pizza was so nasty that i would rather drink out of one of the dip bottles i saw laying around than take another bite. yuk!

Apparently no food vendor bid on the job and since Lundy's is already there.....

In the past an outside vendor came in and occupied the space. They grilled burgers, chicken breasts, and ribeye sandwiches.

This is incorrect.  I was personally told by last years vendor that he had been out bid.....or under bid.  Lundy's agreed to give the KHSAA a larger % of the proceeds. 

This is incorrect.  I was personally told by last years vendor that he had been out bid.....or under bid.  Lundy's agreed to give the KHSAA a larger % of the proceeds.

If that is true then shame on the KHSAA for not dictating menu and price.  Imagine that, it's all about the money again. 

I had a slice of pizza that was very undercooked. The dough was still raw on the bottom. I made at least $200 of food runs for people to other establishments because of the food at the tournament.  KHSAA missed out on that percentage! :?

Man you all actually ate that __________________!!!!!!! I wouldn't feed that what ever you call it to my ex wife well maybe i would but definitely wouldn't feed it to my dog.

I suggest that whomever is responsible for making the decision on the concessions, whether it is one person or a committee, that they and their staff have to eat from the concession for each of those days.  I don't mind paying a higher price for good/decent food and a decent size bottle of water... you can make a lot of money if you provide good food and reasonable prices.  Kroger has their water on sale and they could have made a killing on selling that for a $1 a bottle

I am sure the only thing they MIGHT have made money on was the drinks. That food was awful and overpriced!!!!

Pepsi/Mt. Dew/Water/Gatorade take your pick and you better like it cause the police at the door would not let you bring anything else in.....well anything that they knew of.

Boooooooo on the concessions.

The food was amazingly bad.  I miss the ribeye sandwiches and other decent offerings.

yes the ribeye was so good last year i was kinda upset when my last match was over and i was able to eat what i wanted to cause i was wanting a ribeyes but no ribeye i hope that changes for next year

Last year, the food was by Tee's Grab and Go.  Yes the ribeyes are good.  I always thought Tee was too expensive and gave too little of the profits back, but in comparison, Tee looks great!

What politician had his hand in that decision? 

Lundy's is owned by Jerry Lundergan, the former chairman of the Kentucky Democratic Party.