Sign in to follow this  
EMS Coach Cardwell

State Duals

The Middle School State Duals are still on and will be wrestled on 1/30/10.  NKY is not forcasted to get more than a dusting of snow.  It will be a great day of wrestling if all of the teams can make it. 

Union County looks tough to beat if they can all make it, Johnson Co is tough along with Gray, Twenhofel and Campbell Co will all be in the mix for the top spot.  If the other teams are on their A game it is a toss up for the top 4 teams.  It will be interesting to see how much the snow effects travel and the tournament.

Ok so whos gonna win it? of course im pulling for the wofo tigers, but its been along time since ive seen how the state looks on the middle schoool level. Who is tough individualy and team wise?

Elkhorn was not allowed to go by the school system.  I know Trinity was going.  Those are the only ones I heard.

It is terrible that the kids work this hard and earn the right to go and don't get to compete for a state title.  Given the conditions, why were the duals not rescheduled?

I don't think there is room left on the schedule for the duals. The middle school state tournament is next week. The week after is High School regionals and many of the best middle school wrestlers will be with them. It's just an unfortunate situation.

Does anyone have an update to who is attending and the break down of the pools :?

Good Luck to all those that attended. :-D

Any results or details of who attended :|

Union won it.  Gray took second. Twenhoffel and Campbell battled it out for 3rd and 4th, not sure on who won that match up.  Because of the weather situation south of Northern, KY, quite a few teams did not attend.

Paticipating teams:

Union, Gray, Twenhoffel, Campbell, Walton Verona, Trinity, Cooper & an all star team consisting of teams B guys.

1. Union County

2. Gray

3. Twenhofel

4. Campbell County

It's a shame that the weather did not allow some very good teams get here safely to compete today. There were some very good matches. The state tournament will be awesome this year with all of the great wrestlers that we currently have wrestling at this level. I can't wait until next Saturday!

Union dominated everyone yesterday. They looked very good & ready for next Saturday.

The Gray/Twenhofel match was very close in the semi's. Twenhofel should have won that match up. They started out really strong with Thomas Kloentrup defeating Michael Martin in overtime in the first match. All of the matches were very close & both teams wanted to win. I am not sure of the score. It had to be within a couple of points. Congrats to Gray on that win.

The third/fourth place final was just as exciting pitting Campbell County against Twenhofel. These two always battle hard & are very close at the end. I think Twenhofel won by 1 point. They beat them in the districts by 1/2 a point.

The trophy's are very nice as well as the individual medals.

"The Gray/Twenhofel match was very close in the semi's. Twenhofel should have won that match up."

Gray and Twenhofel have went head to head twice this year with Gray winning both.  First dual was very lopsided.  Twenhofel has a very good team and the second match up was very tight.  However, there were two matches that I think would normaly go in favor of Gray that didn't go there way.  Region 3 should be proud.  Gray, Twenhofel and Campbell all wrestled very well. Congratulations to all the teams who participated.  There were some great matches.  It was a very enjoyable day of wrestling.

Round

1 Gray 72 vs All Star     6

Campbell 53 vs Trinity     27

Union 78 vs Twenhofel    30

vs

2 Gray 54 vs Trinity     33

Campbell 78 vs All Star     3

Union 57 vs Cooper     24

Twenhofel79 vs Walton     11

vs

3 Gray 36 vs Campbell     35

Trinity 57 vs All Star     22

Union 60 vs Twenhofel    24

Cooper 57 vs Walton     16

4 Gray 40 vs Twenhofel    36

Union 53 vs Campbell     20

Cooper 54 vs Trinity     30

All Star 42 vs Walton     33

Finals  1/2 Union 53 vs Gray     21

Finals  3/4 Campbell 31 vs Twenhofel    37

Thank you to all of the teams that participated.  It was an abbreviated day, but none the less, it was a great day of wrestling.  With the looks of Union Co's team, they are a class act and will be tough to beat next weekend. 

Great Job to all teams and Thank you to all of our volunteers at the tournament. 

Coach Eschan

North Hardin has a good team but they are not ready to compete for the top spot. Gray beat them  in a pretty lopsided dual in the finals of Oldham Co. I dont think they could beat the top five here. The only contender that wasn't able to make the tourney was Johnson Central. Though I don't think anyone would have beat union. In the finals Gray gave 18 points in forfiets and had a couple toss up matches go the wrong way. With that said even on their best day I think Gray comes up short. Union is the team to beat next week.

At 82 Logan Erdman beat Goshorn 4-3 though it didn't really ever seam like the match was in jepardy. At 89 Jake Erdman beat Cline 8 or 9-1 with the 1pt escape given when Erdman cut him.

North Hardin has a good team but they are not ready to compete for the top spot. Gray beat them  in a pretty lopsided dual in the finals of Oldham Co. I dont think they could beat the top five here. The only contender that wasn't able to make the tourney was Johnson Central. Though I don't think anyone would have beat union. In the finals Gray gave 18 points in forfiets and had a couple toss up matches go the wrong way. With that said even on their best day I think Gray comes up short. Union is the team to beat next week.

After the results at regionals, I was really looking forward to a Johnson Central\Elkhorn matchup.  Two of the top 4 in the state and neither were able to come Saturday.  I haven't seen Union Co. this year, but from what I saw, Johnson Central would have been tough to beat.