Sign in to follow this  
EMS Coach Cardwell

State Duals

So which teams are participating :roll:

What format will be used to determine the pairing and when would that be available :?

I know the High School pairs is done that morning.

Here is the list so far of the teams that are in the State Duals and in no particular order :

1.  Gray Middle

2.  Twenhofel

3.  Campbell Co

4.  East Oldham

5.  Union Co

6.  North Hardin

7.  Elkhorn

8.  Johnson Co

9.  Trinity

10.  Woodford

11.  River City or Anderson (Officer Vote Needed)

12.  TBD Reg 1

The format is the same as last year with 4 pools of 3, true second place, and the pools will be drawn the morning of the tournament.

If your team has not confirmed yet, please do so asap.

jeschan21@yahoo.com or jonathan.m.eschan@chase.com

Here is the list so far of the teams that are in the State Duals and in no particular order :

1.  Gray Middle

2.  Twenhofel

3.  Campbell Co

4.  East Oldham

5.  Union Co

6.  North Hardin

7.  Elkhorn

8.  Johnson Co

9.  Trinity

10.  Woodford

11.  River City or Anderson (Officer Vote Needed)

12.  TBD Reg 1

The format is the same as last year with 4 pools of 3, true second place, and the pools will be drawn the morning of the tournament.

If your team has not confirmed yet, please do so asap.

jeschan21@yahoo.com or jonathan.m.eschan@chase.com

No LaRue Middle School, now thats a first.  Who is the rep from that Disrict/Region  :|

How are the pools determined? "True 2nd", does that mean if the team that loses in finals didn't beat the team that got 3rd they will wrestle for 2nd?

That's how I understand it, then again that is the fair/best method. 8-)

Maybe fair, definitely anti climatic. A possible solution might be to take the top 2 teams from every district that way you get a 16 team State Dual. If you get 16 teams, couldn't you run it like a 16 man bracket? No disrespect to anybody that helped put it together (as always thankyou for all your hard work), merely just my opinion.

So which teams are participating :roll:

What format will be used to determine the pairing and when would that be available :?

I know the High School pairs is done that morning.

In the past we have tried to seed the top four teams as best we can.

Dagger, how do you seed it? What is it based on?

Head to head match up's, over all dual records :|

I imagine they try to seperate the strongest teams or at least the top 4-6 and draw the other three in?

We hosted state duals three years ago and this is how i determind the top five seeds.

You have to contact each coach and ask for seeding info on these two things before friday so you can have a bracket to start with. I was at the last two state duals and when we had the coaches meeting Brad Hagedorn UC 2008 and Tim Lange 2009 seeded it and the rest of the teams were draw in, so all we had to do was make sure all the coaches agreed with the pools. The seeding of the teams was fine with the coaches the one thing some of the unseeded teams asked for was to wrestle teams that they haven't wrestle this year.

1.  Head to head duals. It didn't matter if a team won because the other team didn't have all there wrestlers. A win is a win.

2. Tournaments that teams participated in. Who placed higher in the same tournament.

It isn't hard to get the top teams if you contact the coaches and get there input.

No LaRue Middle School, now thats a first.  Who is the rep from that Disrict/Region  :|

North Hardin Middle

Larue looked very weak this year only sending 3 to state. Big drop off from the past few years.

Larue looked very weak this year only sending 3 to state. Big drop off from the past few years.

Maybe its fair to say that the area school are getting better :|

LaRue is a first class and accomplished program. Maybe the local schools are finally getting better :oops:

LaRue is a first class and accomplished program. Maybe the local schools are finally getting better :oops:

I agree.  Looking at some of the regional results I am amazed.  There are no free rides to the state tournament any more at the MS level.  I thought the whole district-region-state thing may have created a few loopholes for some kids to sneak through and the "power programs" to continue to fill the brackets, but what I have observed is the exact opposite.  There will be many quality wrestlers sitting at home on Feb 6, 2010.  Good news for the future of KY wrestling.

Mark Adams, lead forecaster with the Fort Knox weather station, estimated the area may receive 5-8 inches of snow.  But meteorologists on Tuesday were uncertain about the system

The State Duals are still on in NKY at Cooper HS.  The questionable weather in SW KY is predicted to see some snow on Friday.  Here is the forcast for Union, KY from the NWS:

Friday: A slight chance of snow after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Northeast wind between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday Night: A chance of snow, mainly before 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 24.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.

If the schools in the effected areas close on Friday, we still plan on having the tournament.  I Hope this helps.

:-)

Very true i thought that district 1 improved alot were it use to just be Union now University Heights and Trigg are having very successful kids. University Heights had 4 in the finals and 3 region champs. Were last year only 1 in the finals and he got teched if my memory is correct.