Sign in to follow this  
hindu56

state duals

Our team has had duals with Ryle, CC, Larue and WC.  Obviously Ryle won't be at the tournament but I'd rank the top four team in this order... Trinity, CC, WC then Larue.  All this depends on the health of some of the guys(Jake Lee, the HWT for WC and so on) and how they match up in each weight class.  It'll be fun to see how it all plays out.

I'm just curious, why would you have them in that order?

Who cares about seeding? If you want to win state duals, you have to beat the team across from you. Any team worried about seeding must not think that they can beat all the teams there and will be trying to avoid certain teams. Yes this might be a advantage for some teams not being in a pool with team A or B. But if I was on that team and was to win it all, not sure I could look in the mirror and say we where the best in the state. :roll:

I'm just curious, why would you have them in that order?

Like I said we wrestled 3 of the 4 schools and that's how I see it.  Trinity looks like they held their own with the team form IN and that team almost knocked of Ryle, that's all I'm basing it on.  I haven't gone weight by weight or anything like that.

If snow occurs will the State Duals be rescheduled.

They weren't last year.  There's really no date available to do so.

Who cares about seeding? If you want to win state duals, you have to beat the team across from you. Any team worried about seeding must not think that they can beat all the teams there and will be trying to avoid certain teams. Yes this might be a advantage for some teams not being in a pool with team A or B. But if I was on that team and was to win it all, not sure I could look in the mirror and say we where the best in the state. :roll:

Within reason.  For example, if Larue ends up in a pool with Ft Campell, Jeffersontown, and Meade and Trinity ends up with Campbell Co, St X, and Wayne Co. that isn't quite fair.  Larue would be able to rest their kids most of the day while Trinity would have to wrestle hard to win those duals.  I agree you beat the team in front of you, but you can't just take the attitude who cares about seeding and expect the best.  You have to set your team up with the best chance to win.

Within reason.  For example, if Larue ends up in a pool with Ft Campell, Jeffersontown, and Meade and Trinity ends up with Campbell Co, St X, and Wayne Co. that isn't quite fair.  Larue would be able to rest their kids most of the day while Trinity would have to wrestle hard to win those duals.  I agree you beat the team in front of you, but you can't just take the attitude who cares about seeding and expect the best.  You have to set your team up with the best chance to win.

Agreed, seed top 4 then draw. It could still end the way way you said, but you will not have teams trying to avoid other teams. I might make the case that drawing the other teams in that the #2 team of the same region as the top 4 are pulled from the hat. Other words try to make no pool with 2 teams from the same region (just a thought).

Agreed, seed top 4 then draw. It could still end the way way you said, but you will not have teams trying to avoid other teams. I might make the case that drawing the other teams in that the #2 team of the same region as the top 4 are pulled from the hat. Other words try to make no pool with 2 teams from the same region (just a thought).

Steve Fiser and other coaches seed the top teams to the best of the information they have: top five or even six.  They do put the other teams from regions on the other side of the bracket if I recall.  They do a pretty good job with giving everyone a fair chance.

Well, i can honestly say i wish i was a fly on the wall in the coach's meeting this year!!! Johnson and LaRue are undefeated in the State of KY (it don't matter how close you were with out of state teams) which means they DESERVE AND SHOULD BE the top 2 seeds. Here's the issue: who is the #1 and who is the #2 as neither has faced any common teams this year in DUALS. The next problem comes when you try to seed the next 3 or 4 teams, who have kind of a A beat B who beat C who beat A thing going on. I have a good feeling some blood will be flowing and tensions will be high saturday in that meeting!!!  :-D

With that said, may he best team win!!!