Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Region 3 Duals

Yes, Region Duals will be hosted by the previous years' Championship team...based on coaches survey/vote. 

Meade County will be hosting this year.

Does anyone know how region 3 duals will be done this year?  Will it be pools, like they did last year?  Just curious.  Obviously Southern and Meade Co. are the apparent top two teams, but past those, it might be more wide open.

my guess there will possibly be mats refs and clocks and maybe some wrestling but that is just my opinion im not real positive tho it is region 3

That about sums it up although we are working on a few changes.  We're actually looking into tag teams in case someone gets tired during the course of a match.  It's something the coaches have been debating but haven't officially made the call on yet.  We've even tossed around the idea of it possibly being a father/son tag match, but we would have to get clearance from the KHSAA 1st.  The coaches did give the go ahead to lumberjack matches that way the official doesn't have to waste his time getting the wrestlers back to the middle when they go out of bounds.  See, even us simple minded Region 3 folk can be sarcastic.

my guess there will possibly be mats refs and clocks and maybe some wrestling but that is just my opinion im not real positive tho it is region 3

my guess is that your a douche bag, he asked like bracket style or pools so yea you can shut your mouth.

I like the idea of lumberjack matches Dragon Master; no need to question calls near the out-of-bounds either.  We had better hurry up and install this before region 2 beats us to it...

So, I assume the Duals will still be pools.  However, Since DeSales is hosting Region Championships, I have this suggestion.  We are all aware we now have 13 teams.  Thus, if a weight class have every school represented,  there is a chance of the 5 match rule coming into effect.  I suggest we start the tournament on Friday night and wrestle up to or through championship quarterfinals and up to or through consolation quarterfinals.  This way we will avoid the 5 match rule and everyone will wrestle both days. 

For those interested, the following is the breakdown of the Region 3 duals.  There will be 3 pools of 3 and then 1 pool of 4.  Which teams finishes last in the pool of 4 is done for the day.  The top team from each of the 4 pools will then face off, the 2nd 4 from each will face off and then the bottom 3 from each pool.  The pools are as follows: Pool A (Meade Co., DeSales, BC), Pool B (Doss Western, Shawnee, Iroquois), Pool C (Southern, Holy Cross, BE) & Pool 4 (PRP, Fairdale, Valley).  Southern was the top seed, Meade Co. was the 2nd, PRP was the 3rd seed and Doss was the 4th seed.  Weigh-ins at 8:00 Saturday morning with wrestling to start at 9:30.  Good luck to everyone.

Southern won the region 3 dual tournament, Meade County finished second, PRP third, and Fairdale fourth.  There were some incredible matches between Southern and Meade for the championship.  At 135, Weedman beat Keneally by a point, and at 140 Kimbly beat Bejasano in a pretty good match.  Mason, Crowe, and Pike looked great from Meade county.  Quincy Jones, Brody, and Decker looked great for Southern. 

By the way, Bullitt East looked pretty good.  They had two or three guys who had a great day, and they also have a very full team with only one or two seniors...

I thought Pike from Meade looked pretty tough as well.  I was surprised by the outcome of his match with Tucker from Southern.  I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Do you have full results from the final?

I don't have full results.  Someone from Southern or Meade will have to post those.  I know both Decker and Crow pinned their kids in the 1st.  The HWT from Southern pinned the kid from Meade.  Huffine pinned Kelly in the 1st period as well.  Giddens won by decision.  O'Leary pinned the kid from Meade Co, but I don't recall which period it was.  And of course, the one that caught me by surprise a little was Pike tech falled Tucker 17-2.  I remember some of the outcomes in some of the other matches, but I'm not for certain of scores so I won't post anything about those.  I do know this time around the dual wasn't as close as the 1st time these 2 teams met.  Southern beat Meade Co. by 1 the 1st time they met, but beat them pretty handily this time winning by more than 15.

I don't have full results.  Someone from Southern or Meade will have to post those.  I know both Decker and Crow pinned their kids in the 1st.  The HWT from Southern pinned the kid from Meade.  Huffine pinned Kelly in the 1st period as well.  Giddens won by decision.  O'Leary pinned the kid from Meade Co, but I don't recall which period it was.  And of course, the one that caught me by surprise a little was Pike tech falled Tucker 17-2.  I remember some of the outcomes in some of the other matches, but I'm not for certain of scores so I won't post anything about those.  I do know this time around the dual wasn't as close as the 1st time these 2 teams met.  Southern beat Meade Co. by 1 the 1st time they met, but beat them pretty handily this time winning by more than 15.

103- Giddens dec Abernathy 13-8 i believe

112- Huffine pin Kelly 1st Period

119- Pike tech fall Tucker 18-3

125- Scott tech fall or pin Crawley

130- Barrett pin Childress 2nd period

135- Weedman dec Kenealy 17-15

140- Kimbly dec Bejasano dont remember score by 4-5 though

145- Jacobs maj dec Carter like 16-8

152- Brown tech fall Oneil 16-1

160- O'Leary pin Hoskins 2nd period

171- Mason jr pin Gibson 2nd period i believe

189- Decker pin Simota 1st period

215- Crow pin marlett 1st period

HWT- Bates pin Meade( not sure of his name) 1st or 2nd period

Team Scores

Southern 43

Meade Co. 27

Wow, was there something wrong with Tucker to get beat that bad.  Pikes a good wrestler but I figured it would have been at least a close match.