wombat171

woodford vs larue 2007

woodford

I dunno how good woodford will be next year,they lost alot of seniors and that should affect their line-up for next year..but they always have a good team...larue could give woodford a run next year.....

What you're doing is assuming one of those two teams would win it. One could make a strong case for Fern Creek.

I agree Fern Creek will be very good. They have a lot of guys that were likely disappointed in their finish and will be working hard to prove themselves next year. BUT Larue and Woodford will both be right there with them. Right now I think it is a dead heat, depending on weight changes and how well Larue and Woodford fill the shoes of their departing seniors.

I wouldn't count Union County and Harrison County out of the mix either. North Hardin is returning most all of their best kids as well. As for LaRue, we should have one of the more experienced teams we've ever had with four returning medalists and probably seven senior starters. Stacey and Ozzie will be sorely missed; however, 125 and 130 are usually easy weight classes for us to fill. We need a heavyweight (which seems like we always do) and we will definitely need some kids to step it up next year that didn't this year. I look for improved parity at the State tournament next year the likes of which we ain't seen in a long time. I don't expect that whoever does win it next year will run away with it like WC has recently and CC in 04.

Your right HP! This season could shape up to be very close race between 5-10 teams. When next years seniors were 8th graders (2003), the middle school tournament was won by an incredibly close margin by Woodford over Fern Creek. I couldnt find the scores on the KYSWA site, (it has a link to the 2003 results but it brings up 2004), but I remember it was very close like the difference of a pin or a decision in one match for Woodford.

Alot has changed in 4 years and alot can happen over the course of a season, but alot is the same too! I think there will be alot more teams in the hunt next season.

What i like about Fern Creek next year as a team, is they'll have 2-3 state champs (Wood, Jackson, Wolsiefer). Jackson is a big maybe, thats why i say 2-3. I think Wood will have something to prove to himself ... most great wrestlers would feel that way even if they finished 8th cause they were hurt. Wolsiefer is Wolsiefer ... and is capable of beating anyone next year ... which makes him one of the guys i'm counting fom them. They need a little more from the rest of the guys, but they were young this year and i expect they'll get it.

Thats roughly what Woodford will have, and will be more than what LaRue will have (Banks maybe).

When it comes to Harrison Co, they're good ... but they finished right about where i called them this year ... around 10th. Ross is gone this year, so even if the other guys step up it comes out about the same.

I agree this will be the closest team race in years. In addition to Woodford and CC running off with it, South Oldham did in 03 if i remember. One could argue South Oldham was more dominant than Woodford that year, i believe they had like 12-13 guys PLACE and scored 257.

I agree this will be the closest team race in years. In addition to Woodford and CC running off with it' date=' South Oldham did in 03 if i remember. One could argue South Oldham was more dominant than Woodford that year, i believe they had like 12-13 guys PLACE and scored 257.[/quote']

Yes, that South Oldham team was bad. 13 placers, #14 went 2-2, and 257 points pretty much speaks for itself. That is by far the best team I have seen in KY.

yea i would have to agree fern creeks team was young this year next year will have a dominant amount of juniors and a couple seniors....

but none the less we still have a long way to go b4 we can say were as good as we could be....woodford, larue,south oldham all will still either beat us or put up 1 hell of a fight it will be close in every case..... the state is still up 4 grabs as always.....

Yeah, one might argue South Oldham in 2003 was the best single season team ever from Ky. Campbell Co came out the very next year and dominated state scoring 234 points with nearly the same exact team they got routed by South Oldham with in 2003.

Woodford vs. Larue vs. Fern Creek

Woodford:

9 returning qualifiers

5 returning state placers

3 returning state champs

Larue:

11 returning qualifiers

0 returning state champs

Fern Creek:

10 returning qualifiers

4 returning state placers

1 returning state champ

Take your pick (Woodford all the way)

Monkeyroll,

What you ignore is if Wood had likely not been hurt, you'd possibly have Fern Creek ONE short in the champ and returning placer count. Had Jackson made weight, they'd be tied with Woodford in the placers department probably.

With the Jackson factor, worst case scenario for Fern Creek even had Wood not won is probably as follows ...

Woodford:

9 returning qualifiers

3 returning state champs

Larue:

11 returning qualifiers

0 returning state champs

Fern Creek:

11 returning qualifiers

1 returning state champ

That doesn't really look like a walk by Woodford reconsidered in those terms ... now does it ?

I'm no Psychic nor am i flawless. But i'm not scared to go ahead and say that malcom jackson is no maybe at all. I see him winning state next year at whatever weight he goes. I'm about 95% sure he'll go undefeated as well. Not making excuses by any means, but after seeing him wrestle peace he left no doubt in my mind he'd have probably won it this year, he was my pic atleast. ( But still props to ozzy, winning state is an accomplishment thats not contradictable). Top 3 teams are all really close i would say. Woodford is a very tough team year in and year out, but Larue returns very many wrestlers as well as fern creek does. Possible state champs/ finalists for Fern Creek next year : Wolsiefer** Wood* Jackson** Stewart and and possibly Burkett.

I'm no Psychic nor am i flawless. But i'm not scared to go ahead and say that malcom jackson is no maybe at all. I see him winning state next year at whatever weight he goes. I'm about 95% sure he'll go undefeated as well. Not making excuses by any means' date=' but after seeing him wrestle peace he left no doubt in my mind he'd have probably won it this year, he was my pic atleast. ( But still props to ozzy, winning state is an accomplishment thats not contradictable). Top 3 teams are all really close i would say. Woodford is a very tough team year in and year out, but Larue returns very many wrestlers as well as fern creek does. Possible state champs/ finalists for Fern Creek next year : Wolsiefer** Wood* Jackson** Stewart and and possibly Burkett.[/quote']

As i mentioned before, Jackson was lucky to beat Bowlds that same day he beat Peace .. Bowlds was beating him and Jackson rolled him to his back and pinned him. And THAT SAME DAY, Peace thrashed Bowlds .. and i mean bad. At state Peace comfortably beat Butler, and Jackson lost to Butler at WCI. I think he also lost to Bowlds earlier in the year. Rust also took Jackson to the limit (4-3 Jackson) at the duels and Peace beat Rust 3 times .. granted all 3 were close matches. The same day Peace lost to Jackson Peace beat Howard ... who took Parker to the limit that same day ... would Jackson mangle both of them too considering all this went down on the same day ?

Here's my two cents based on all that data. It was a good win for Jackson over Peace, but everything BUT that match points at Peace being better ... in as many matches as one wrestles in a season you're gonna have a clunker somewhere. Maybe Peace chose his against a great wrestler and paid for it ... or maybe Jackson wrestled the best of his life ... either is plausible. By the end of the match, Peace was scoring at will on Jackson ... but maybe he was sitting on his lead. Regardless, Jackson would have to beat Peace with authority again in my mind to garner the predictions you make with the certainty you've made them. And i don't see him handling Peace, Jackson will have done well to just win the match.

I will count Jackson as top 5 though next year, and a top 8 definitely. He's a contender, and a very good wrester who will be amongst the top 5 vying for the title in his class. However, based on results quoted above there's no way i think one can say Jackson will certainly win it wherever he goes though.

And if Jackson reads this, the length and detail is because i'm intrigued by that match with Peace in light of all the results throughout that day since he beat another stud in Howard and got smoked by jackson. I'm not trying to bring you down in the least, and best of luck to you next year. After all ... i'm excited about Fern Creek being a contender as i previously stated !!

I agree 100% with invincy it wouldnt surprise me one bit if Malcolm won state next year as well as going undefeated. He is probally the hardest worker i have ever known and he is my pick to win at what ever weight he goes.

Yea i would have 2 agree with no doubt in my mind out of all the sports ive ever seen malcolm is the hardest worker ive ever met. He's a good friend of mine yes and we talk everyday but that has nothing 2 do with my opinion on malcolm he works harder than any1 i know....i cant say he could win at whatever weight class he goes but i can say that he will put up one hell of a fight for the title.....

Yea i would have 2 agree with no doubt in my mind out of all the sports ive ever seen malcolm is the hardest worker ive ever met. He's a good friend of mine yes and we talk everyday but that has nothing 2 do with my opinion on malcolm he works harder than any1 i know....i cant say he could win at whatever weight class he goes but i can say that he will put up one hell of a fight for the title.....

Great post !