Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmccoy

Bluegrass State Games Registrations

Guest cmccoy

I had my last meeting for the Bluegrass State Games last night and it went fairly well. The staff is expecting us to hit 200 participants this year which is 20 more than last year. Right now we have only 6 participants registered. Lets go Kentucky Wrestling get registered.

The cost is $20.00 if you register by July 22nd at Midnight. The cost goes up $5.00 to $25.00 if you wait to register at weigh-ins. Save yourself $5.00 and get registered today!

You can register at: http://208.106.191.140/html/kentucky/registrationStep0.asp?sportID=11

I had my last meeting for the Bluegrass State Games last night and it went fairly well. The staff is expecting us to hit 200 participants this year which is 20 more than last year. Right now we have only 6 participants registered. Lets go Kentucky Wrestling get registered.

The cost is $20.00 if you register by July 22nd at Midnight. The cost goes up $5.00 to $25.00 if you wait to register at weigh-ins. Save yourself $5.00 and get registered today!

You can register at: http://208.106.191.140/html/kentucky/registrationStep0.asp?sportID=11

Right now you put in all your information and then it goes to an error page. We won't get 200 participants if they can't register.

Guest cmccoy

Just go to www.bgsg.org and follow the links to register. See if that works.

Just go to www.bgsg.org and follow the links to register. See if that works.

It doesn't. Once you follow the links you end up with the same form. After you take the time to fill in all the information and click through a couple screens, it goes to an error page. I'll mail in the registration, but I don't think we'll meet our goal if it isn't fixed.

everyone list there name if they are attendin or who know for sure people that are.

It might be good to list approximate weight as well.  I know the last couple years there has been some really good high school talent attending and the younger kids have been picking up in numbers.  I'm sure if kids and parents know there will be competition there in the right age and weight range more will show up. 

Coach McCoy - any way you can post the registrations every few days (or as more come in) to keep us all up to date on who will be there.  And, yes, I still need to get online and get my registration done.

Here is the age and weights according to the web site.

[table][tr][td]Code              Event[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25009  Bantam 2001 & Younger (9 Weight Classes): 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, HWT [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25109  Midget 1999-2000 (13 Weight Divisions): 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 87, 95, 103, 112, 120, HWT [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25209  Novice 1997-1998 (15 Weight Divisions): 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140, HWT [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25309  Schoolboy 1995-1996 (17 Weight Divisions): 70, 77, 84, 91, 98, 105, 112, 120, 128, 136, 144, 152, 160, 175, 190, 210, 235 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25409  Cadet 1993-1994 (17 Weight Divisions): 84, 91, 98, 105, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 285 [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25509  Junior Grades 9-12 (Grade 12 grappler can not yet be 19 years old)

[table][tr][td]          (15 Weight Divisions): 98, 105, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 285[/td]  [/tr]

[tr][td]25609  University 1985-1991 (10 Weight Divisions): 125, 133, 141, 149, 157, 165, 174, 185, 197, HWT* [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25709  Open 1983 and Before (7 Weight Divisions): 128, 139, 152, 168, 188, 215, 287* (* No max weight) [/td][/tr][/table]

Guest cmccoy

This is neither a USA Wrestling or AAU event. Anyone can wrestle without joining either. As of today there are 10 entries. I will try to get names but right now we only get a spread sheet with goals, last years numbers, and this years entrants. We really need the 200 mark (or get very close). With the economy, it is getting harder to get sponsors for the events and I have a feeling that at some point, they may look to do away with events that are not meeting goals, etc. This is just my opinion. I would love to have 100 participants by July 15th. That would only leave 100 more for those who are procrastinators (nothing wrong with that).

I know of several Eastern boys from the middle and high school teams who are attending, but their registrations will not have shown up yet because the online registration doesn't work.

I know of several Eastern boys from the middle and high school teams who are attending, but their registrations will not have shown up yet because the online registration doesn't work.

OK, I just checked it again after I received a promo in my e-mail. It's working now. Hope we make our goal. We've been attending this event for years and want to see it continue.

Guest cmccoy

We are up to 22 participants. Come on KY Wrestling. I get calls daily from the BGSG wanting to know what we can do to raise registrations. Let's make this big.

We are up to 22 participants. Come on KY Wrestling. I get calls daily from the BGSG wanting to know what we can do to raise registrations. Let's make this big.

From what I hear, a lot of people are hesitant to register early because they don't know if there will be matches for them when they get there.  They don't want to pay, give up one of the last Saturdays of summer break, drive to Lexington, and only get 1 match.  Have any coaches gathered feedback from their team on who is likely to attend?  I think it would be a boost (especially to the younger age groups, MS and below) if their parent could be sure there would be a few kids around their age/weight attending.

I bet a number of the 22 registrations get on this website.  If you have already registered please respond with your name, age group, and weight.  List both groups you will be participating in.

I've talked to Coach McCoy and he has said that everyone will get matches. Even if we have to round robin with multiple opponents, we will do whatever we can to make sure everyone will get their money's worth.

This has been the best summer tournament for in-state competition for years, we shouldn't let this be an obstacle for signing up for this tournament. This is a great tournament to either show how far you have come in the summer or to test some new moves you have learned.

Just curious.

At the registration it asks for Wt class.

Jr. doesn't plan on losing wt. but does he wrestle what he weighs at weigh in or what he registered for?

He weighs about 137 so could be 135 or 140 depends on the day.  :-D

I've talked to Coach McCoy and he has said that everyone will get matches. Even if we have to round robin with multiple opponents, we will do whatever we can to make sure everyone will get their money's worth.

This has been the best summer tournament for in-state competition for years, we shouldn't let this be an obstacle for signing up for this tournament. This is a great tournament to either show how far you have come in the summer or to test some new moves you have learned.

I agree the high school divisions have seen great competition entered.  But at the middle school and elementary it has been hit and miss and I've talked to some parents who have been quite disappointed.  If you are a 70 pound middle schooler and there are only 2 kids within 15 pounds the round robin solution doesn't really work.  I'm not saying that knowing who will be there is the total solution, but I think if a parent is on the fence and they know that their boy will get 3-5 quality matches they may be more inclined to make the trip.  If it was a stretch to get on the mat with 2 different kids last year and no reason to expect anything different this year, then maybe dad decides to stay home and cut the grass or clean out the garage instead of spending gas money to drive to Lexington plus the registration fee.

Several of the Crosby Middle team that feeds Eastern are going.

Stephen Kenworthy, 8th grade. He's about 170 lb

CJ Kenworthy, 6th grade. About 70 lb

KC Miller, 8th grade. 160 lb

Bradley Miller, 7th grade, 126 lb

Adam Miller, 5th grade, 106 lb

Joe Rupp, 8th grade, 120 lb

Also high schoolers

Tom Shirey, 10th grade, 149 lb

Tom Rupp, 10th grade, 160 lb

I also just heard "a bunch" of kids are going from Trinity's middle school program.

Guest cmccoy

It asks for a weight class but we do not look at that. It is official once they weigh-in.