Sign in to follow this  
PD

Wrestling USA Final rankings released

Congrats to all of the KY wrestlers making the final WrestlingUSA rankings for the 08-09 season.  I believe we have more kids getting recognized every year.  Nice job to Kary Goff getting into the Senior Rankings due to placing at NHSCA Senior Nationals.

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/02%20wusa%20web%20root/allmajorpages/bestwrestlers.html

All Class Rankings

103 lbs. 11 John Fahy, 9, (Louisville Trinity, KY)

Senior Rankings

103 lbs. 23 Kary Goff (Seneca, KY)

Junior Rankings

112 lbs. 30 Myron Bradbury (Louisville Trinity, KY)

171 lbs. 30 Brad Hitchings (Louisville Trinity, KY)

Freshman/Sophomore Rankings

103 lbs 10 John Fahy, 9, (Louisville Trinity, KY)

130 lbs. 12 Caleb Ervin, 10, (Union County, KY)

Special Mention

Seniors

119 lbs. Matt Zarth (Henry Clay, KY)

125 lbs. Aaron Carr (Union County, KY)

135 lbs. Luke Ervin (Union County, KY)

140 lbs. Justin Davis (Louisville Eastern, KY)

145 lbs. Dusty Brown (Campbell County, KY)

152 lbs. Isaac Ervin (Union County, KY)

160 lbs. Harrison Courtney (Woodford County, KY)

189 lbs Jake Bradford (Ryle, KY)

215 lbs. Ryan Kelly (Sheldon Clark, KY)

Juniors

103 lbs Pat Milford (Paul Dunbar, KY)

119 lbs. Michael Osborne (Union Ryle, KY)

125 lbs. Austin Palmer (Union Ryle, KY)

135 lbs. Josh Johnson (John Hardin, KY)

135 lbs. Matt Slone (Sheldon Clark, KY)

140 lbs. Korey Shotwell (Campbell County, KY)

160 lbs. Jacob Lee (Campbell County, KY)

189 lbs. Brad Stafford (Sheldon Clark, KY)

215 lbs. Tyler Pace (Wayne County, KY)

285 lbs. Ryan Harlow (Johnson Central, KY)

Freshman/Sophomores

145 lbs. J.J. Jude, 9, (Johnson Central, KY)

152 lbs. Connor Coyle, 10, (Ryle, KY)

Honestly I thought we would have a few more guys in the rankings.  I think several are deserving of being higher up in the individual class rankings plus possibly breaking into the All Class.  Brad Hitchings based on placing 5th at Beast of the East plus State Champion and 2 time runner up.  Caleb Ervin moved up in the Fresh/Soph but I really thought he would make it into the All Class based on Soph Nationals.  Harrison Courtney as a 4 time state champ should be higher.  JJ Jude 3rd at 145 as a Fresh. plus 3rd at Fresh. Nationals.

Honestly I thought we would have a few more guys in the rankings.  I think several are deserving of being higher up in the individual class rankings plus possibly breaking into the All Class.  Brad Hitchings based on placing 5th at Beast of the East plus State Champion and 2 time runner up.  Caleb Ervin moved up in the Fresh/Soph but I really thought he would make it into the All Class based on Soph Nationals.  Harrison Courtney as a 4 time state champ should be higher.  JJ Jude 3rd at 145 as a Fresh. plus 3rd at Fresh. Nationals.

I don't think Hitchings was 2-time runner-up. He was 3rd@152 in 07, then 2nd@171 in 08, and a champ this year in 09. Still impressive credentials nonetheless.

I don't understand it. I know that there are more things that go into making the rankings, but Caleb Ervin should be way higher. 9 of the 11 kids ranked in front of him are sophomores, and hes the current sophomore national champion?! Discrimination based on state?

I don't understand it. I know that there are more things that go into making the rankings, but Caleb Ervin should be way higher. 9 of the 11 kids ranked in front of him are sophomores, and hes the current sophomore national champion?! Discrimination based on state?

ya and one of the guys ahead of him James Green got beat down by Carlson the guy that caleb beta at nationals

ya and one of the guys ahead of him James Green got beat down by Carlson the guy that caleb beta at nationals

Yeah thats what I was looking at. Examining the bracket from Sophomore Nat'ls Caleb is getting screwed.

Thats so stupid. Theres no explanation for it. Caleb's statistics make a strong argument for him to be ranked near the top. Hopefully he will get some better competition next year, although I'm not sure whats better than a National Championship?

Um, come on people!  READ!  I already posted a link to the touraments you attend to gain points to get ranked nationally.  It isn't about showing up to one tournament in which you may have wrestled way above your normal caliber.  It is about hitting multiple intense tournaments and gaining points based on how you finish and the number of matches you win in each.  There is no bias on state.  There is bias on what tournaments you hit.  If Caleb's desire is a higher ranking in the nation, he needs to hit more of the tournaments I listed in the other post.

Please don't take this the wrong way.  I believe Caleb is a great wrestler and we need to be proud he is a Kentuckian.  However, ranking goes far beyond who you beat once in your career.

Um, come on people!  READ!  I already posted a link to the touraments you attend to gain points to get ranked nationally.  It isn't about showing up to one tournament in which you may have wrestled way above your normal caliber.  It is about hitting multiple intense tournaments and gaining points based on how you finish and the number of matches you win in each.  There is no bias on state.  There is bias on what tournaments you hit.  If Caleb's desire is a higher ranking in the nation, he needs to hit more of the tournaments I listed in the other post.

Please don't take this the wrong way.  I believe Caleb is a great wrestler and we need to be proud he is a Kentuckian.  However, ranking goes far beyond who you beat once in your career.

ya your completely right but i just think he is good enough to be ranked higher

Um, come on dinubus, read your own posts!  You posted a link on how to get ranked at USA Wrestling.  This thread is about the rankings at Wrestling USA.  2 different websites.  

Thank you for playing, now please sit down before you hurt yourself.

ya your completely right but i just think he is good enough to be ranked higher

Not really.  He's completely wrong and he had to be so smug about it. 

I have already posted that I know and am well aware of the formula for rankings. Which is why I said that he needs some better competition. But he can't help it that Union County has a full schedule and he can't go to Beast of the East, or Super32. The team comes first every time. What more can you do than beat every single person you wrestle?

Wow, remove your head from your butt! 

The rankings are formed in the same exact manner!  GET A CLUE!  not much of a "Guru" are you!

Find out who is ranked at:  http://www.themat.com/section.php?section_id=4&page=kidrankings

Get ranked yourself by attending a tournament from this listhttp://www.usawmembership.com/2008-09-Events.pdf

When / What is the next event?  Central Regional Championships - Memorial Weekend (5/22-24/09) both freestyle (pee-wee - Junior divisions) and Greco (intermediate - Junior divisions)

Qualifies you to compete in the National tournament (kids groups - Orem, UT; Cadet/Junior divisions - Fargo, ND)

Desire more information or to register online?  http://www.themat.com/events/default.php?page=info&EventID=19986

I guess I'm not much of a Guru because I can't for the life of me figure out how these 2 rankings are formed in the same exact manner.  I tried removing my head from my butt and still can't see it.  You even highlighted the 2 out of 6 criteria that are the same, but ignored the 4 out of 6 that are different.  You state above that there is no "state bias" and yet in your quote of the editor's criteria #6 states "state from which nominee hail".  I really want to be a guru in your eyes dinubus, so please tell me where I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to say.  Are you still saying the rankings are formed in the same exact manner? 

How about we just let it go? There is state bias, as criteria #6 specifically states, lol. Arguing about this isn't going to get Caleb a higher ranking. And besides, rankings don't mean a thing anyways. It is nice to see one of our hometown boys getting respect on the national level, but that number next to his name isn't going to win Junior Nationals or Senior Nationals for him. I doubt if colleges take National Rankings into consideration really, because on any give day the #30 kid could beat the #1 kid. Dinubus, just don't reply to TheGuru. Guru, let it go. Please?

385 you're 1 to talk.  You're arguing with people all over this site and so is dinubus.  I'll drop it when I'm done laying the smacketh down on dinubus.  Oh wait, I just did.  Ok I'm done now.