Sign in to follow this  
mobster

Top Young Coaches

Jason Detre from Nelson. In only 4 years he has taken a new program and guided them to a 3rd place finish in region behind John Hardin and LaRue (2 top ten programs in state) and qualified for State Duals this past year (man i wish we could have held those!!) GREAT JOB DETE!!

In Region 7 its Zac Donnely at Franklin County and Chris McCoy at Lafayette.

Two programs that have, at times, struggled to fill a whole roster have bright futures with these guys at the helm.

Also Pat Sinclair at Dunbar as an asst. coach has helped keep that program competitive.

And of course, Joe Carr Jr at WofoCo

This is my generation of wrestlers so I'd also like to mention Dusty Brown at Whitley County and Issac Knable at StX.

Tons of good coaches out there under 30 yrs old.

I think the new coaches at Seneca, Reed and Martin I believe, will do a good job in the years to come.   

Yea they will make a very good coaching combo. I can't wait to be a part of their team this year.

I have to say Coach Critchfield from Henry Clay should be recognized. In the 4 years he has been a head coach, he has had a 3 time state champion (the only in Fayette County history) and has been the Region 7 coach of the year.

josh muncy from sheldon clark has been head coach for two seasons and has had 4 state finalist, one state champ, a second place finish at regionals last season and an 8th place finish at state.

josh muncy from sheldon clark has been head coach for two seasons and has had 4 state finalist, one state champ, a second place finish at regionals last season and an 8th place finish at state.

coach carr jr 06- present

2006- 5 state champs, 7 state placers

2007- 3 state champs, idk how many state placers (shane parks, blake sheehan)

2008- 2 state champs, 2 state placers

2009- 1 state champ, 4 state placers

06- state title, regional title

07- runner up in state by 8pts, regional runner-up

08- 3rd in state, regional champs

09- 6th in state, regional champs

Dominates the world of young coaches.

Actually, when you look at it, WoFo Co has been on a steady decline since he started, judging by those numbers. lol

Actually, when you look at it, WoFo Co has been on a steady decline since he started, judging by those numbers. lol

put it in perspective, Danger. Those "years of decline" are likely more than any of the other aforementioned coaches will ever accomplish in their careers.

put it in perspective, Danger. Those "years of decline" are likely more than any of the other aforementioned coaches will ever accomplish in their careers.

I wasn't being serious. I know that the Carrs are head and shoulders above the rest. Just thought i'd give him a little ribbing.

i think Joe Gunter from Valley was great he took 7 of us and sent 4 of us to state and one alternate rather than the one (bebop) we had go last year plus kasey autry won region at 145lbs thats the first time we had a region champ in a couple of years so i thought he was cool

i think Joe Gunter from Valley was great he took 7 of us and sent 4 of us to state and one alternate rather than the one (bebop) we had go last year plus kasey autry won region at 145lbs thats the first time we had a region champ in a couple of years so i thought he was cool

Longest run on sentence in quite a while. Just putting that out there.

I thought he was a good coach, so don't get me wrong, but by what you have posted the program seems to be getting worse each year rather than better.

Sorry, the above was already mentioned.  My bad.

true but think of what we have had to deal with. first we lost, richard starks, then we lost will, and matt byrd . we struggled and came out with a third, still pretty good. then we lost 11 seniors, ten of them starters. and this year once again we claimed top ten. this coming year we are going to have to start with a young team again, but its nothing our coaches havent delt with before, we still aim to be dominate, our goals are state titles every year, we are never satisfied.

You don't lose a program with the history Woodford has over night.  It takes a while.  Not that you all are losing it, just a couple of what Woodford would call down years (Most programs only dream of those years).

Seriously, has anyone ever done as well as Trinity's Richard Brown as a 1st year head coach?

Can I ask you something? Did he work in the room as much when he became head coach? I think it's impressive he finally got them over the hump especially in the manner he did it. Those are some of the most well mannered young men I've ever seen. Reminds me a lot of Union, great bunch of guys that aren't stuck up.

You don't lose a program with the history Woodford has over night.  It takes a while.  Not that you all are losing it, just a couple of what Woodford would call down years (Most programs only dream of those years).

yea there down years, but we don't look at them. there is no point to dwell, the second we walked out of the dungeon this year, we were already planning on how were going to win it this coming year. putting people in weight classes, going over middle schoolers that are stepping up. this is how we are trained and i don't think thats what alot of people understand, that 24/7 365 we are the best in the state in our minds, we aren't under dogs. we know we have targets on our backs because of the WC we wear, and we love it. and u can't say we don't have targets pasted on us, cause if we didn't, how come at state when we lose the entire stadium erupts. but that doesn't bother us, coty lewis prime example. we'll be back this year with the same intentions, plan on it.

Coach Herald from Tates Creek is an assistant coach and he's doing a good job. Next year will be his 3rd year coaching. Also im pretty sure he didn't wrestle in High School :? But i'll ask...