dinubus

Region 5 - Very Pre-Season

I agree with your first point. It really doesn't seem fair when you have to go through it either.

Not trying to stir anything up, but im pretty sure I remember reading a post where you said "None of this will change my mind that this region is the pits of the state."

So what are you trying to say? That this statement is untrue?

Quote from: 385 on July 07, 2009, 03:38:02 PM

I agree with your first point. It really doesn't seem fair when you have to go through it either.

Not trying to stir anything up, but im pretty sure I remember reading a post where you said "None of this will change my mind that this region is the pits of the state."

http://www.kentuckywrestling.com/smf/index.php?topic=619.0

Yes, I made a comment about the REGION.  Didn't attack any kids or schools.  And I stand by that comment.  Look at the results the following week in Frankfort.  4 state placers.  Results don't lie.

So what are you trying to say? That this statement is untrue?

Statistically, I would have to agree, as would anybody else. Stats just don't lie. But its really not fair, because living in Louisville and going to schools in Louisville, wrestling teams usually don't get anywhere near as much attention as other sports, or wrestling in other schools in other counties.

wrestling teams usually don't get anywhere near as much attention as other sports

Attention does not translate into quality of wrestlers.  However, quality wrestlers draw attention.

I do believe the reason region 3 is the worst region is the lack of feeder schools without youth that already know how to wrestle then you get stuck with kids who usally at most can get 4 years under there belts by the time they graduate while every other region has kids wrestling while there still in pull-ups and can start at age 3

mbp - I think you are right on. That is a big part of it. That's why I keep saying I don't point any fingers at any of the kids. They work as hard as anyone, but generally don't have near as much experience as a lot of the other kids around the state. BUT, that doesn't justify the results.

Can't agree with you more Ranger...  The kids in region 3 work their butts off however other areas simply have feeder programs that supply the high school coaches with experienced wrestlers.  Some of the schools have begun to change and are trying to adapt and become competitive by starting middle school and youth programs like Meade Co. and I think Southern.  Until these programs have been established for several years there will be no real change in the outcome of this region in regards to the state tourney.