Sign in to follow this  
pioneer_pride

NCAA's

I heard Ruschell got a 5 seed and didn't hear anything about Starks yet.  Can someone post any information about their draws here?  NCAA tournament links are blocked at my work unfortunately.  Just curious if Ruschell & Starks got decent draws or not.

I double checked - Starks is not on the bracket, which means he must have withdrawn from the tournament.  Sorry to hear this, however this is not a tournament you can wrestle in with a bad knee injury.  Sorry to hear this.

Ruschell is the #5 seed.  If he wins a couple of matches he would hit Palmer of Ohio State in the quarterfinals.  Palmer has handled Kyle in the past.  If he does get past those matches, you can head to the consolations...there is Brent Metcalf of Iowa in the semis.  I know there is no such thing as "unbeatable", but Brent is the most dominant wrestler in the tournament.  No one will be more highly favored to win his weight class than this guy...he is a physical monster.  We'll see him in a few years wrestling at the next level.

Sorry to hear about Richard Starks, he had a very good year.

Ruschell is the #5 seed.  If he wins a couple of matches he would hit Palmer of Ohio State in the quarterfinals.  Palmer has handled Kyle in the past.

Kyle's also beaten him before I think last year at a qualifier for the olympics I think.  So hopefully he can pull it off this year.

Wrestling championship attendance up

The 2009 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships, to be held Thursday through Saturday at the Scottrade Center, will generate a $14 million economic impact on the region, according to the St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association.

Attendance is up 1 percent from last year to 95,000, the St. Louis Sports Commission said Thursday. More than 15,000 out-of-town fans, student-athletes, coaches, media and officials are expected to visit St. Louis for the tournament.

This is the fifth time this decade that the championships have been held in St. Louis.

The St. Louis Sports Commission is a privately funded nonprofit that works to better St. Louis through sports.

Could someone forward or get this to the Louisville Chambers of commerce; it must be a good event $$$$ St. LOuis keeps bring it back :roll: