Sign in to follow this  
dinubus

Region 5 - Very Pre-Season (3/13/09)

Jay Gatto is coming back to wrestle as well.

He wrestle in the 07-08 season and got injured somewhere in the middle and didnt come back that year or the 08-09 season.

He was a state champ in middle school and will be going either 160 or 171 depending on where Warren can get too

Jay Gatto is coming back to wrestle as well.

He wrestle in the 07-08 season and got injured somewhere in the middle and didnt come back that year or the 08-09 season.

He was a state champ in middle school and will be going either 160 or 171 depending on where Warren can get too

well... cole proctor already beat him (Hendren) twice last year...

Hendren practiced this week and is wrestling in a tournament this weekend.  He will train everyday from this one until the beginning of the season, the kid never stops he is a machine.  He gets better and stronger everyday, it's going to be tough for anyone to keep up with pace of improvement.

I wouldn't bank on any of the weight classes for JTown to be correct maybe a couple 95% of the team plays football BUT.......

WE start summer wrestling on monday & wensdays from 5-7pm it be nice to see a few of 5 faces in the room THERE IS NO CLUB FEE  JUST HAVE YOUR USA CARD OR BRING YOUR MONEY AND WE"LL GET YOU A USA CARD when we start traveling to the tournaments etc. you are more than welcome to hop aboard (if there's room) :-D

well... cole proctor already beat him twice last year...

Cole Procter is a smart wrestler, but will not be able to compete with Hendren from here on out.  The matches were very close and there was a lot of stalling.  I take nothing away from Proctor and his wrestling ability...he played the game.  Hendren wins state at 152 0r 160 it doesn't matter.  KCD will have a team as well.

Cole Procter is a smart wrestler, but will not be able to compete with Hendren from here on out.  The matches were very close and there was a lot of stalling.  I take nothing away from Proctor and his wrestling ability...he played the game.  Hendren wins state at 152 0r 160 it doesn't matter.  KCD will have a team as well.

KCD has already started using the matroom for something else.... I think they are ending wrestling there.

Update with Jay Ghatto.  Any more wrestlers I can add?

Individual:

103:

1. Nathaniel Long (SO)

2. Yusef Mamedov (JT)

3. Mitch Rusch (NO)

4. Cecil Clardy (EA)

112:

1. Travis Schuyler (OC)

2. Tendre Taylor (JT)

3. Corey Krieger (FC)

4. Hunter Wafford (NO)

119:

1. Tyler Kaelin (OC)

2. Corey Edens (SO)

3. Joe Rupp (EA)

4. Devante Unnikrishnan (FC)

125:

1. Russell Nyitrai (EA)

2. Daniel Brenneman (OC)

3. Roy Bisenius (SO)

4. Chase Rusch (NO)

130:

1. Loren Avera (NO)

2. Larry Willard (JT)

3. Tyler Lancaster (EA)

4. Ryan Greco (SO)

135:

1. Tom Shirey (EA)

2. Jordan Scheler (FC)

3. Grant Johnson (OC)

4. Tyrus Taylor (JT)

140:

1. Brandon Whitehouse (SO)

2. Tommy Warren (JT)

3. Larry Hinkle (NO)

4. Mike Toth (OC)

145:

1. Dan Thomson (NO)

2. Nicu Alexandru (JT)

3. Craig Lucas (EA)

4. Deshawn Barrow (FC)

152:

1. Cole Proctor (SO)

2. Dair Sharipov (JT)

3. Hardy Hendren (NO)

4. Ryan Banks (FC)

160:

1. Spencer Warren (SO)

2. Logan Steurle (NO)

3. Tom Rupp (EA)

4. Stephen Self (FC)

171:

1. Hunter Boroff (EA)

2. Torian Jewell (JT)

3. Jay Gatto (SO)

4. ???

189:

1. Kyle Durbin (EA)

2. Civaughn Greene (JT)

3. Robert Holtzman (NO)

4. ???

215:

1. Adam Brown (SO)

2. Menes McNeely (EA)

3. Nashawn Mills (FC)

4. ???

285:

1. Andrew Whitlock (EA)

2. Fern Creek HWT (FC)

3. Jeffery Hunt (SO)

4. ???

Team (Individual):

1. Eastern {4,5,3,1,3,1,5,3,5,3,1,1,2,1 = 38}

2. South Oldham {1,5,2,3,4,5,1,5,1,1,3,5,1,3 = 40}

3. Jeffersontown {2,2,5,5,2,4,2,2,2,5,2,2,5,5 = 45}

4. North Oldham {3,4,5,4,1,5,3,1,3,2,2,5,5,5 = 48}

5. *Oldham {5,1,1,2,5,3,4,5,5,5,5,5,5,5 = 56}

6. Fern Creek {5,3,4,5,5,2,5,4,4,4,5,5,3,2 = 56}

7. KCD {No Team}

8. Ballard  {No Team}

*Won by more 1st place finishes.

Team (Dual):

1. South Oldham

2. Eastern

3. North Oldham

4. Jeffersontown

5. Fern Creek

6. Oldham

Hendren practiced this week and is wrestling in a tournament this weekend.  He will train everyday from this one until the beginning of the season, the kid never stops he is a machine.  He gets better and stronger everyday, it's going to be tough for anyone to keep up with pace of improvement.

I certainly can see why you are a big believer in Hendren because he works harder than just about anybody I know. He's also just an all around good guy! Having a big team to support him will give him an advantage he hasn't had in the past. You really have to hand it to him for sticking with it when he hasn't had the comraderie of a team to help him through the ups and downs of the sport.

I hope he allows himself sometime to wind down though because that's pretty important too! I see him being a regional champ too, maybe at 145 or 152.

KCD has already started using the matroom for something else.... I think they are ending wrestling there.

I have it on good authority that the program at KCD will continue.  The wrestling room will be converted into a weight room, however a new area will be dedicated to the wrestling team. 

I have it on good authority that the program at KCD will continue.  The wrestling room will be converted into a weight room, however a new area will be dedicated to the wrestling team. 

you should read the post from KCD's coach in the thread titled "KCD WRESTLING".  Unless your are on staff at KCD, I think his post trumps your good authority... :-D

Good luck with that.  They can dedicate a new area to the wrestling team but there will never be any wrestlers dedicated to the new area.  The conversion of the wrestling room is a demonstration of how the school views the direction of the program (In the crapper).  I was once optimistic myself. 

I certainly can see why you are a big believer in Hendren because he works harder than just about anybody I know. He's also just an all around good guy! Having a big team to support him will give him an advantage he hasn't had in the past. You really have to hand it to him for sticking with it when he hasn't had the comraderie of a team to help him through the ups and downs of the sport.

I hope he allows himself sometime to wind down though because that's pretty important too! I see him being a regional champ too, maybe at 145 or 152.

I agree, thanks for the support.  he's a hard not to like the kid.  I'm glad he's made friends with the kids over at Eastern, I know he's happy to have some workout partners this spring and summer.

Update with Jay Ghatto.  Any more wrestlers I can add?

Individual:

103:

1. Nathaniel Long (SO)

2. Yusef Mamedov (JT)

3. Mitch Rusch (NO)

4. Cecil Clardy (EA)

112:

1. Travis Schuyler (OC)

2. Tendre Taylor (JT)

3. Corey Krieger (FC)

4. Hunter Wafford (NO)

119:

1. Tyler Kaelin (OC)

2. Corey Edens (SO)

3. Joe Rupp (EA)

4. Devante Unnikrishnan (FC)

125:

1. Russell Nyitrai (EA)

2. Daniel Brenneman (OC)

3. Roy Bisenius (SO)

4. Chase Rusch (NO)

130:

1. Loren Avera (NO)

2. Larry Willard (JT)

3. Tyler Lancaster (EA)

4. Ryan Greco (SO)

135:

1. Tom Shirey (EA)

2. Jordan Scheler (FC)

3. Grant Johnson (OC)

4. Tyrus Taylor (JT)

140:

1. Brandon Whitehouse (SO)

2. Tommy Warren (JT)

3. Larry Hinkle (NO)

4. Mike Toth (OC)

145:

1. Dan Thomson (NO)

2. Nicu Alexandru (JT)

3. Craig Lucas (EA)

4. Deshawn Barrow (FC)

152:

1. Cole Proctor (SO)

2. Dair Sharipov (JT)

3. Hardy Hendren (NO)

4. Ryan Banks (FC)

160:

1. Spencer Warren (SO)

2. Logan Steurle (NO)

3. Tom Rupp (EA)

4. Stephen Self (FC)

171:

1. Hunter Boroff (EA)

2. Torian Jewell (JT)

3. Jay Gatto (SO)

4. ???

189:

1. Kyle Durbin (EA)

2. Civaughn Greene (JT)

3. Robert Holtzman (NO)

4. ???

215:

1. Adam Brown (SO)

2. Menes McNeely (EA)

3. Nashawn Mills (FC)

4. ???

285:

1. Andrew Whitlock (EA)

2. Fern Creek HWT (FC)

3. Jeffery Hunt (SO)

4. ???

Team (Individual):

1. Eastern {4,5,3,1,3,1,5,3,5,3,1,1,2,1 = 38}

2. South Oldham {1,5,2,3,4,5,1,5,1,1,3,5,1,3 = 40}

3. Jeffersontown {2,2,5,5,2,4,2,2,2,5,2,2,5,5 = 45}

4. North Oldham {3,4,5,4,1,5,3,1,3,2,2,5,5,5 = 48}

5. *Oldham {5,1,1,2,5,3,4,5,5,5,5,5,5,5 = 56}

6. Fern Creek {5,3,4,5,5,2,5,4,4,4,5,5,3,2 = 56}

7. KCD {No Team}

8. Ballard  {No Team}

*Won by more 1st place finishes.

Team (Dual):

1. South Oldham

2. Eastern

3. North Oldham

4. Jeffersontown

5. Fern Creek

6. Oldham

Loren Avera will most likely go 135, Rusch was saying 130 and Richardson 125.. could be the other way around if Rusch's weight plan lets him go 125

Okay, thanks for the catch on Richardson, for some reason I was thinking he was a senior.  However, my predictions seem incomplete at the 171, 189, 215, and HWT weight classes.  Does anyone know any names that will be filling these weight classes so I can better predict the teams?