Sign in to follow this  
THEKING

WHO HAS COURTNEY LOST TO??

I remember watching the match, and yes the calls where not consistent, but to be honest let's not pretend the entire outcome was decided.  Ultimately the fate of a wrestles lies in his own hands.

wait wasn't it a 1 point match and Courtney was on top in the third when he lost right? i remember Courtney getting hit with stalling numerous times and they were bad calls. in that case the ref took the match in his own hands, completely unnecessary.

wait wasn't it a 1 point match and Courtney was on top in the third when he lost right? i remember Courtney getting hit with stalling numerous times and they were bad calls. in that case the ref took the match in his own hands, completely unnecessary.

I thought he got hit with stalling in ot to lose the match.  I might be wrong though.

Tied up  8 seconds left in OT stalling call.Done, over , come back next year win state . Told me right after the match" I will never lose another match at the state tournament" 

I remember watching the match, and yes the calls where not consistent, but to be honest let's not pretend the entire outcome was decided.  Ultimately the fate of a wrestles lies in his own hands.

I think you all are giving the refs a free ride on this.  It's not all in the wrestler's hands.  You could hit a beautiful takedown to a wrestler's back and stick him but the ref has to get down and slap the mat.  Again, 2 evenly matched kids, and a bad call can decide a match.  What you all are saying about don't let the ref decide a match....i agree with you from a wrestler's mentality perspective.  My coaches in h.s. said the same thing, and I tell any kid I ever coached the same thing.  It's nice in theory.  But ultimately sometimes you end up with 2 very evenly matched kids in a match and the ref makes a bad call.  With hindsight, it's easy to say "you should have worked harder".  But it is possible for a ref to blow a match.  I remember Harrison's 8th grade match with Sanders and it was certainly controversial.  Harrison seemed to be working pretty hard on top.  Why call stalling right there?  The ref felt like it.

Sanders also had an underhook and locked around the head the whole time.  Because he was stronger than Harrison he just pushed him all over the mat.  I think I remember Harrison actually getting hit for stalling because of this even though he was doing everything he could to get out of it and took shots when he could from the open.  This was the worst part I thought.

And yet is is still consider the best by other coaches in the state, personally I'd take Cattan every single time, at least I know what I'm getting with him.

Hmm I didn't realize he was the ref for that match.  Normally I think Callen is a great but he definitely botched that match.

Cattan gets hated on all the time and in my opinion he is one of the best refs in the state.  It seems if he is on the mat even if he is an assistant he gets blamed for the calls the head ref makes.  Like him or not he is consistant and that is what everyone wants.

Cattan gets hated on all the time and in my opinion he is one of the best refs in the state.  It seems if he is on the mat even if he is an assistant he gets blamed for the calls the head ref makes.  Like him or not he is consistant and that is what everyone wants.

You are either Joe or his wife.  Joe is so far from the best ref in the state it isn't fun.  His goal is to draw attention to himself and take a match to OT at the last second.  He wins every match.

• Upvote 1

Hell whenever cattan is reffing a match, he acts as if the match is boring and barely pays attention to what is going on. I remember watching several matches that he reffed and him acting this way.

truly, he is constant though, constantly bad, haha stop myself

absolutley cattan is consistant and consistantly bad, but consistancey is what counts in a ref. the only person i really have a problem with as a refferee is the short guy that used to coach western hills. like seriously? he calls horrible calls and then a decent one then 6 horrible calls and wont even let the coachs bring him to the table and when he does he is a pecker head about it.

I hate that ref from western hills, I don't think he ever talks though at least from what I've experienced he hasn't. I can remember at a summer tournament he came up to me and started doing all kinds of hand motions to try and get me to wrestle my next match. It was like playing a damn guessing game with a child trying to figure out what the in world he wanted me to do.

hahahahahaha my point exactly. and from a table workers point of veiw, he never looks at the table so he has no idea whats goin on over there we could all get up and leave and he would have no idea. for example ford makes sure he has eye contact cattan friddle all of them all make sure the table sees them and puts the points up. this guy looks down so much he looks like the kid everybody just took his lunch money and he is kicking a can down the street.