Sign in to follow this  
magicman

off season sports

whats your favorite off season sport and what off season sport do you think help you with wrestling

cross country.

keeps ma weight down and keeps ma cardio up.

plus, its co-ed....

cross country and track definitely help alot with getting toned and conditioned for wrestling. im with you guys on that one. even though TC only has like 5 runners 

I do Cross Country before and Track after, but alot of our wrestlers play soccer. Not sure if they think it helps them, Jared switched from Football to Soccer so he wouldnt miss the early part of the season

ive been trainin jiu jitsu way before wrestling,

so i say jiu jitsu,, it  can help with control and some cool funky sweeps from the crack down pos.

the best off season sport to help with wrestling would def be off season wrestling...just saying, you can never get enough mat time.

I dont think eney sport helps with wrestling, but rather wrestling helps with the other sports

i could some what agree but then disagree cause yes i go into track in good shape but not running shape cause ill start track season at like a 5:30 mile but once i get in running shit ill get down to low 5's

I dont think eney sport helps with wrestling, but rather wrestling helps with the other sports

Nah, the other sports help ur wrestling. If ur focused on Wrestling than ypur always thinking bout how you can get better... During Cross Country i'm always thinkin about how this is goin to help my wrestling. If Cross country was my main sport, then i would say how much wrestling was helping me in it. It's all about Perspective.

A couple of the Eastern, St.x , and Trinity guys all play in Rugby Club for Louisville high schoolers. Tom Shirey and Tom Rupp from Eastern are on the team. Also, Ross Robinson from St.X. Ben Rupp and John Florence from Trinity played a few years back.

Any lacrosse clubs in Northern KY?

of course, many schools have off sit clubs, im from woodford so the clubs in my area are Sayre, Henry Clay, Lexington Catholic, Lexington Christian, etc