Sign in to follow this  
pin12

elementary states

Well these are little kids so trying to predict winners is a little pathetic for one and I'm sure a large majority of people don't even know who most of the kids are for two.

Im actually talking about 11 and 12 year old weights like 70,75,80,85, and 90 because they might put each weight in a bracket for 11 and 12 year olds.

I'm with ya pin 12.. No it's not a big deal to guess on who you think will come out on top...My son's younger than 11-12 and I have no problem with it! It's not like you're throwing rotten tomatoes at the loser!!

Why does everyone assume that just because this is the elementary level that these boys are little children? My son is 12, but he is 5'7' and 150 pounds. He is a great wrestler. He has practiced with the high school team and even pinned a few guys who wrestle  185 pounds and heavy weight in the middle school. True enough there were some little fellas there just getting started but if you payed attention you would see that there are larger boys who wrestle elementary and who are very good. We need to stop acting like this level is just a bunch of tiny toddlers play wrestling. Give these boys the praise they deserve, they work just as hard as the older boys so lets stop treating them like babies, and more like the great wrestlers they are.

I'm not sure who they are but I hope they do well at state.

im their uncle, just tryng to be a little cocky to get em pumped. i love the fact that they have a elementry program that competes at the state level. these kids are going to be amazing if they stay with it.

I replied yesterday but once again I want to say THANK YOU...to those of you who are acting "real"..my son is 8 years old and yes he's young...yes he's a child but you better believe that he wrestles like a champ...Instead of saying oh they're little kids why so much competition...pump them up and really work w/ them! B/c if you're gonna treat them like "babies" you take them anywhere away from here and let them wreslte and they'll get stomped on the mat by someone the same age regardless of whether they're 5 or older..Again thank you!!

Why does everyone assume that just because this is the elementary level that these boys are little children? My son is 12, but he is 5'7' and 150 pounds. He is a great wrestler. He has practiced with the high school team and even pinned a few guys who wrestle  185 pounds and heavy weight in the middle school. True enough there were some little fellas there just getting started but if you payed attention you would see that there are larger boys who wrestle elementary and who are very good. We need to stop acting like this level is just a bunch of tiny toddlers play wrestling. Give these boys the praise they deserve, they work just as hard as the older boys so lets stop treating them like babies, and more like the great wrestlers they are.

Your son is about 15 lbs lighter than my son and the same age. He sounds a lot like my boy achievement wise. He placed 2nd last year at state.They could possibly be in the same bracket the way heavy weight is  set up. What program does he wrestle for? Good luck Saturday.

I have been enjoying some of the posts on this site, but could not keep quite anymore. Wrestling is one of the most difficult sports I have ever been involved in, but it is even more difficult watching my son participate. He is 9 and has been wrestling for the past 3 years. He works very hard and has goals. Here is my issue: We tell our kids that ANY sports they want to try, we will support them. However, if they are going to try something, they are NOT allowed to quit. In addition, if you are going to do something, do it to the best of your ability. Win or lose, if you put in your best effort. I have a hard time accepting the people on this site that say winning and losing doesn

Your son is about 15 lbs lighter than my son and the same age. He sounds a lot like my boy achievement wise. He placed 2nd last year at state.They could possibly be in the same bracket the way heavy weight is  set up. What program does he wrestle for? Good luck Saturday.

He wrestles for Madison County he went to state last year and won the 140 pound weight class. Best of luck to your son on Saturday I hope all the boys have a great day win or lose.

No weighins.  They are using weights from regionals.  Whatever they wrestled at regions is what weight they will wrestle. 

5 to 8 year olds start at 8 am so they need to be there no later than 7 am.* 

9 to 12 year olds start at noon, so they need to be there no later than 11 am.* 

*You might want to get them there maybe even a half hour earlier than that just to be safe.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I got my info from Stan Martin.  Should be correct.

I have been enjoying some of the posts on this site, but could not keep quite anymore. Wrestling is one of the most difficult sports I have ever been involved in, but it is even more difficult watching my son participate. He is 9 and has been wrestling for the past 3 years. He works very hard and has goals. Here is my issue: We tell our kids that ANY sports they want to try, we will support them. However, if they are going to try something, they are NOT allowed to quit. In addition, if you are going to do something, do it to the best of your ability. Win or lose, if you put in your best effort. I have a hard time accepting the people on this site that say winning and losing doesn

Its hard to predict who is the best wrestler at the Elementary State tournament due to so many weights and brackets. But I will say this, there are bunch of kids in these youth programs are a lot of fun to watch. I give my hat off to all the coaches out there that make this sport FUN for these kids. Its about the kids and keeping them involved. To many kids come from broken up homes, no fathers in their lives and being a positive coach/role model is what its all about. Keep these kids of the streets and involved. Great job Coaches!!!!!!!

Now for my predictions LOL::: These kids will be fun to watch down state. I'm from the Northern Ky area, so I'm a little bias towards these youth programs and kids.

Derek Wiley - Conner, this kid is the real deal and fun to watch. I predict him winning a state title at the high school level someday. He's very good and he'll be a problem for many kids once he really starts to mature as he gets older. You can run, but you'll wont be able to hide from this boy. He's good people!!!!

Blake Roth - Ryle, he's only in the 3rd grade, one of his coaches told me he's like 25-0-0 a two time state champ already, and he usually wrestles up in weight classes and age, he too is a neat little guy.And he's a great kid off the mat. He has an older brother Colin Roth that is pretty good also. A good wrestling family, his dad is John Roth---Good Family and People!

Michael Martin - Ryle, this is coach Stan Martins kid, very good kid, both on and off the mat. This kid will be talked about at the high school level someday, I'm sure of it.

Joey Scaggs - Ryle, this kid is awesome. He wrestles hard and has a lot of talent. Not sure what high school he'll go to, but wherever it is, they are going to get a real special wrestler.

David Rich - Ryle great kid, comes from a good family and is very very good. He's fun to watch.

Tanner Yenter - Campbell County this kid is very good and has a lot of potential. He'll be hard to beat.

Johnny Meiman - Ryle, the only words that come to mind when talking about this kid is---Wrecking Machine. Johnny has a great amount of talent and he'll be an asset to the Ryle High School team. This kid is for real.

There are so many more kids from this area that I could go on about. But the ones I've mentioned are ones that really stand out to me, just my opinion.

All the programs throughout the state have done a great job. Keep it real and fun for the kids!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE WRESTLERS THIS WEEKEND AT STATE....Remember, just HAVE FUN!!!!!

Way to go Fern Creek.  The Elem. State was wonderful.  This is a great way to increase wrestling in KY.  I do however think that having three or four state champs for a weight class is kind of demeaning to the title of State Champ.  I think that KY ought to reconsider the way that is done.  I also think that it would be better if 2 region champs do not face each other in the first round. Yes I am talking about seeding.

Congratulations to Jake Burroughs, a true go-getter.