Sign in to follow this  
#1fan

Who is going to nationals?

What about the Trinity boys? :x

Trinity always sends guys to nationals, as well as ryle, woodford, sheldon clark, henry clay, john hardin, seneca, and wayne county. I'm sure I have missed a few teams, but these are all I could remember from the last few years. We will start to get more national attention the more kids we take, so it would be great if our best wrestlers are at the national tournament. That means you state placers!!! Its not a bad drive, not very expensive, and its a great experience.

I think Bradford is going I hope he whoops some butt. I might need to train him a little more in the weight room before he goes though. lol. I Hogben going?

i would like to know what all 50 of the ervins would place at nationals if they went..and id be interested in how fahy would do aginst some tough competition out of state. i know he has went to a bunch of national tournys but i dont know how he has done aginst them.

a few people from wofo are talking about going, Bracco, Travis K, Logsdon, even Trey Gentry mentioned it. no commitments yet

i now Travis K and Bracco are going im pretty sure logsdon and gentrey to but not 100% sure

Can you get a full ride at a NAIA school?  I always heard they only gave partial.  Anyone know for sure?

No you cannot get a full ride in wrestling their are 10 starters and 9 scholarships.  So not counting the 25 to 40 other guys on the team the coach still has to give the rest of the starters money as well.  At Cumberland a "full ride" was 9K, Tuition was 23K so a full ride is not really a full ride anyway.  The most Courtney could get would be 9K.

No you cannot get a full ride in wrestling their are 10 starters and 9 scholarships.  So not counting the 25 to 40 other guys on the team the coach still has to give the rest of the starters money as well.  At Cumberland a "full ride" was 9K, Tuition was 23K so a full ride is not really a full ride anyway.  The most Courtney could get would be 9K.

That's why not many of our high school wrestlers become college wrestlers, all of our in-state programs are private schools and very expensive. It actually costs kids more money to wrestle than it does just to go to college. So Courtney has to come up with 14k to be able to wrestle?? Where is the incentive? Unless he is set on wrestling in state, he shouldn't even consider any of the in-state programs. He could go to plenty of D2, D3, NAIA, and maybe even D1 schools and end up paying less.

i know Lenz plans to go but doesn't know if he will wrestle. In order for him to be able he had to be a state champ or runner up, being he is neither he will have to recieve a personal invite.

Trinity always sends guys to nationals, as well as ryle, woodford, sheldon clark, henry clay, john hardin, seneca, and wayne county. I'm sure I have missed a few teams, but these are all I could remember from the last few years. We will start to get more national attention the more kids we take, so it would be great if our best wrestlers are at the national tournament. That means you state placers!!! Its not a bad drive, not very expensive, and its a great experience.

How many years have the teams you mentioned sent guys to nationals?......

Come on guys, we need to get our guys exposed to some tough wrestling throughout the nation.  I say if you were top 3, you should be signing up to get out and experience a great tournament and bring some of that experience back to the state and make us better!  Seniors that have been finalists in your career get out there and see what happens.  Even if you are not thinking that college wrestling is what you want to do, do it for the sport and expose the state of KY to the nation!!!

Actually the coach doesn't have to give money to everyone. The coach as a scholaship budget and can give money as he sees fit. The lack of money is usually made up in acedemic scholarship money and if they can't qualify for that then you shift to any sort of grant-in-aid that can be found.

Unfortunately we are stuck with private schools offering wrestling here in KY. So you have to find more money to make up the difference if you don't get a full athletic scholarship.

To be perfectly honest most people could find acedemic scholarships and go to a public university a lot easier then they could get a collegeiate scholarship that may not pay for everythig.