Sign in to follow this  
#1fan

Who is going to nationals?

Well now that state is over, who is going to Virginia beach nationals? We had a nice showing their last year, I encourage anyone and everyone to attend. The more wrestlers we send, the more All-Americans we will have. Its a great experience and a good chance to get to know coaches and wrestlers from all over the state.

Here are the links to the NHSCA web site:

Freshman:http://www.nhsca.com/index.php?view=details&id=168%3Ahigh-school-freshman-nationals-wrestling-championship-and-convention&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=116

Sophomores:http://www.nhsca.com/index.php?view=details&id=164%3ASophomoreNationalsWrestling2009&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=116

Juniors:http://www.nhsca.com/index.php?view=details&id=169%3Ahigh-school-junior-nationals-wrestling-championship-and-convention&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=116

Seniors:http://www.nhsca.com/index.php?view=details&id=170%3Ahigh-school-senior-nationals-wrestling-championship-and-convention&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=116

I wonder if Harrison Courtney is going. Does anyone know?

I don't think he has any reason to. Most people go to nationals to get recoginzed by D1,D2,D3 Schools. Harrison is more interested in I believe Campbellsville. He would most likely already have a full ride. I'm sure he would focus on more camps and just working on building more muscle to his frame.

I don't think he has any reason to. Most people go to nationals to get recoginzed by D1,D2,D3 Schools. Harrison is more interested in I believe Campbellsville. He would most likely already have a full ride. I'm sure he would focus on more camps and just working on building more muscle to his frame.

Can you get a full ride at a NAIA school?  I always heard they only gave partial.  Anyone know for sure?

Yeah, i guess your right.

Can you get a full ride at a NAIA school?  I always heard they only gave partial.  Anyone know for sure?

Back when Kris Perry wrestled they gave him a full ride to campbellsville.

It's all in how they want to spend their money. Each team is alloted a certain amount of money each year for scholarships. They can choose to pay for one person's books while giving full tuition to someone else. So, in theory he could get a full ride.

It's all in how they want to spend their money. Each team is alloted a certain amount of money each year for scholarships. They can choose to pay for one person's books while giving full tuition to someone else. So, in theory he could get a full ride.

Thanks for clarifying this.  I didn't know how naia schools differed from others.  I hope they gave hom a full ride then, he has earned it.

Thanks for clarifying this.  I didn't know how naia schools differed from others.  I hope they gave hom a full ride then, he has earned it.

You're welcome. I worked at a D2 school and had friends that played, coached at Naia. It's all about that same.