Sign in to follow this  
pmilf103

Region 7 Final Predictions

Andy was 8 tenths over.  Harr Co 119 offered to give up his spot but Andy would not do it so he went 125.  He was devastated and could not get out of the dumps and lost his first match by 1.  He was attempting to outmuscle people and was too weak and light.  He wrestled very technically sound the rest of the day and got 3rd.  Majored the kid that beat him I think.  Will be much better next weekend when he can put on weight and get his strength back.  May not win 125 but will be on the podium IMO.

Also, Interesting note on the day  Gray from TC will not be going to state.  Got beat twice and then possibly got DQ'd from 5th place match for unsportsmanlike conduct???  Not sure of details.  Looks like another region title for woodford.  9 in the finals I think.

Nathan Gray lost a OT match against Wood. Co. and threw his head gear multiple times and then just walked off the mat. saw him leaving right after that. dont know if he was DQ'd or not.

Travis K barely pulled out the win over hedges in the finals, great match with lots of back and forth. definitely not a major decision like some people were calling for 

Nathan Gray lost a OT match against Wood. Co. and threw his head gear multiple times and then just walked off the mat. saw him leaving right after that. dont know if he was DQ'd or not.

Travis K barely pulled out the win over hedges in the finals, great match with lots of back and forth. definitely not a major decision like some people were calling for 

I have to agree Hedges did a great job as did Travis.  Congrats to both wrestlers on a match well wrestled.

103- great match milford pulled out a win.

112-will bryant easy win

119-zarth pinned mac faster than ever

125-kasey looked really good lost a very close match also travis really looked good best match of the tourney

130-close match thompson wins

135-good match podgorski beat moss

140-guiler won a close match with berry from harrison

145-brian white looked solid

152-andrew wright wins a close match over murrel

160-courtney...nough said

172-Brandon Barnett pin nick leddy in first period

189-griggs wins by default

215-?

285-brian station wins over henry clay

great matches good tourney

mow-matt zarth

coach of the year-andy critchfield

woodford dominated team scores and took first

henry clay runner ups

Travis and Hedges were back and forth.  Hedges came out the aggressor and was really working his stuff (almost had a pin in the 1st min) but Travis rebounded and the score was back and forth the whole time until Travis pinned him w/ mayve 10 secs left.  Best finals match.

Bryan White teched his finals oppon, as did Wil Bryant.

Zarth will run thru state. If its him and Osbourne in the finals I say Zarth majors him.  The kid is on a mission.

Travis and Hedges were back and forth.  Hedges came out the aggressor and was really working his stuff (almost had a pin in the 1st min) but Travis rebounded and the score was back and forth the whole time until Travis pinned him w/ mayve 10 secs left.  Best finals match.

Bryan White teched his finals oppon, as did Wil Bryant.

Zarth will run thru state. If its him and Osbourne in the finals I say Zarth majors him.  The kid is on a mission.

I say Zarth wins but Osbourne is too tough to major.

It was better, it was a pin!

Krauziewicz is a great wrestler but Hedges is too, Mike Ford the official allowed an illegal chicken wing which injured Hedges, and after that Krauziewicz proved too tough. In the Hedges had his opportunity and let it go, he should have stuck him in the first couldn't do it, and credit should go to Krauziewicz.

Nothing about that chicken wing was illegal. The ref was RIGHT ON TOP of the action and would've stopped it if it were illegal. He let it go and Travis got his 5 pts.

That was not the move that pinned Hedges.

I didn't like PLD arguing for eternity about an OBVIOUS escape call in the Bracco v Milford match. I felt like the coach was lobbying for the next call to go his way (the eventual stalling call on Bracco at the end).

BUT, having said that Milford 100% deserved to win.  He took advantage of the situation, wrestled smart and got a takedown when it mattered. IMO, Bracco was better on his feet and should've shown it. If he works hard and gets 2 takedowns or more prior to the 3rd period then the match would've never been w/in reach for Milford.  Congrat pmilf on a great win, you deserved it.

Nothing about that chicken wing was illegal. The ref was RIGHT ON TOP of the action and would've stopped it if it were illegal. He let it go and Travis got his 5 pts.

I didn't like PLD arguing for eternity about an OBVIOUS escape call in the Bracco v Milford match. I felt like the coach was lobbying for the next call to go his way (the eventual stalling call on Bracco at the end).

BUT, having said that Milford 100% deserved to win.  He took advantage of the situation, wrestled smart and got a takedown when it mattered. IMO, Bracco was better on his feet and should've shown it. If he works hard and gets 2 takedowns or more prior to the 3rd period then the match would've never been w/in reach for Milford.  Congrat pmilf on a great win, you deserved it.

Turns out to be a critical match as now Bracco has Fahy in round 2 at State.

Never said it was the move that pinned Hedges the chicken wing was absolutely illegal no pressure is allowed to be applied to the joint of the shoulder which it clearly was. When you can't move your arm, it really inhibits what you can do.We can choose to view this from differing angles but in the end Krauziewicz won and that's all that matters congrats to him.

idk if the chicken wing on hedges was illegal or not because my view was impeded by the ref but either way, hedges started his blood time and had the trainer look at it it and after the match he was still holding it with a look of moderate pain on his face it looked like. to me it just seems like he isnt the kind of person to make excuses because he always gets on this webpage and takes responsibility for his losses and does not blame them on any one but himself  

I choose to view it from the angle of the ref that's inches from the action, not a fan in the stands.

It was an uncomfortable hold, thats how chicken wings work.  It wouldn't be effective if it wasn't painful.

And it wasn't the move that ended the match, which can't be stated enough.