Sign in to follow this  
Mortal

Records?

i would say thiers quite a few undefeated

I don't think so. Most of the toughest competitors here have been going to big tournaments. E.G. Fahy Hitchings Ryle kids and such have been going to see some stiff competition. They have done well but they do have losses. I'd say besides Caleb Ervin the only other one I can think of is maybe Davis and Courtney.

I don't think so. Most of the toughest competitors here have been going to big tournaments. E.G. Fahy Hitchings Ryle kids and such have been going to see some stiff competition. They have done well but they do have losses. I'd say besides Caleb Ervin the only other one I can think of is maybe Davis and Courtney.

true is was thinking kids that r undefeated in kentucky

Happy to see that some coaches acctually have the ball to go to some of those big tournys  (Beast of the East) and not baby their wrestlers, hoping to keep that perfect record (not gonna say who, but you know who you are).  I love to see schools going to these Indiana, Missouri, Tenn, or Ohio meets.  I know that Hoptown ,back in the 90's, never wrestled a Ky meet until late January every year.  Its alway nice to see teams traveling to see great comp.

I think that out of state competition is great, but there is a limit. Here is my take on it. I think that you should go to the tough tournaments here in KY to see the competition around the state. I know Ft. Campbell has had this problem the past few years. For example Nate Johnson was ranked number 1 going into the state tourney. All he saw that year was competition in TN and Region 1 guys, when he ran up against those tough guys up north from Ryle and Campbell Co. he got mopped. A few tough out of state tourneys are nice also but you have to see the competition around the state before the state tournament. I think though you should make plans to take one or two weekends of rest especially before the state tourney to "recover". Like say one weekend take your kids to a college match. It will show them great technique and they may pick a few things up. Also go to a weaker tournament another week in the season. It's nice going to these tough tournaments, you learn alot but high school kids do have limits no matter how much they think they're supermen.

Ya, I wasnt around for Nate Johnson but I think our lack of experiance with northen kentucky wrestlers also hurt Zack Bontrager

No kidding. Voth is a tough wrestler, too bad bon bon didn't know that.

Idk about alot of guys being undefeated. Like look at Zarth and Osborne at 119 neither of them are undefeated they both have 1 loss from each other.

and reitz

Are you kidding me Bear.  Are you trying to say that Ryle, Campbell, and Simon Kenton should stay in the state of KY? 

What tougher tourneys could they find in KY that are tougher or as tough as the tourneys they attend in Ohio.

Plus for them to get to any tourney in Ky that is close to this competition they need to travel at lest to Lex, or Lou, which is about a 2 hour drive for them.  They can find an equal or better tourney just 1/2 hour away in Ohio.

Who cares who the competition is, as long is it is legitimate competition.  Maybe the problem with Johnson and Ft. Campbell is that they were truly not finding competition wherever they were going.

Are you kidding me Bear.  Are you trying to say that Ryle, Campbell, and Simon Kenton should stay in the state of KY? 

What tougher tourneys could they find in KY that are tougher or as tough as the tourneys they attend in Ohio.

Plus for them to get to any tourney in Ky that is close to this competition they need to travel at lest to Lex, or Lou, which is about a 2 hour drive for them.  They can find an equal or better tourney just 1/2 hour away in Ohio.

Who cares who the competition is, as long is it is legitimate competition.  Maybe the problem with Johnson and Ft. Campbell is that they were truly not finding competition wherever they were going.

Actually I think he's trying to say that Ft. Campbell should've wrestled more in-state competition so that Johnson could've met those N. Ky guys before the state tourney.

Actually I think he's trying to say that Ft. Campbell should've wrestled more in-state competition so that Johnson could've met those N. Ky guys before the state tourney.

Yes, that was exactly what I was trying to state. I used the N. Ky guys only as an example of tough in-state competition. Shoot I know those cats up there can travel to see those Ohio Boys and by gosh GO FOR IT!!! That's what I put in my post, you need to see tough out of state competition especially to be exposed on a national level. Heck down here on the TN KY border we take advantage of that and go to tough TN tournaments and tournaments in AL. What I'm saying though is you have to see in state competition, you cannot just stay out of state every weekend if you plan on being a tough team in the state tournament.

look at union. Almost every tournament is out of state. They have been state contenders the last few years. Region 1 is somewhat weak so they are better off wrestling across the river in indiana or illinois. Trinity is usually at these tournaments anyways so thats some tough in state competition at an out of state tournament

look at union. Almost every tournament is out of state. They have been state contenders the last few years. Region 1 is somewhat weak so they are better off wrestling across the river in indiana or illinois. Trinity is usually at these tournaments anyways so thats some tough in state competition at an out of state tournament

Union also makes the trip to at least the Tates Creek duals in the beginning of the season.

they were also at ryle and the Bruin duals.

My point is made then. Union travels out of state alot, which i stated is good, but they also see tough competition at Ryle, Bruin Duals, and Takes Creek Duals. In the past I've known of them going to CCI, Trojan Inv., and Big East so yes they do go to alot of out of state competition but they see alot of good in state competition. I guaruntee Jarvis seeing Bradbury only helped him when it came time to see him at state. As for some of the up and coming region teams, yes they do need to utilize where they live. Indiana is right across the river from Owensboro. Therefore, teams like Apollo and Daviees County should see some of that so called "tough competition" that everyone has been talking about with Indiana.