Fort Knox Doss

Boone KCD

Central Moore

Oldham County Iroquois

North Hardin Holy Cross

Fern Creek

South Oldham Seneca

Bishop Brossard                  Cooper

17 teams..... shaping up to be a real tough, good tournament.

4 mats.... weigh ins at 8, wrestling hopefully by 9.

Best hospitality room in the state.

Came here looking for the full results, haven't seen those yet. I know Trinity won, Seneca second.

I was appalled by the arrogance shown in the Hwt finals, (especially considering the score). Coach would have killed me for that.

As for the hospitality room comments, I am positive the comments did not include the concession stand. The prices were higher than almost everywhere, and they seemed to run out of everything at one time or another. Planning for these tournaments can't be easy, but wrestlers can't leave, and if they had to much food, I am positive their team could finish it off later (we sure could have).

Came here looking for the full results, haven't seen those yet. I know Trinity won, Seneca second.

I was appalled by the arrogance shown in the Hwt finals, (especially considering the score). Coach would have killed me for that.

As for the hospitality room comments, I am positive the comments did not include the concession stand. The prices were higher than almost everywhere, and they seemed to run out of everything at one time or another. Planning for these tournaments can't be easy, but wrestlers can't leave, and if they had to much food, I am positive their team could finish it off later (we sure could have).

You are more than welcome to not return.  We won't miss you.

Who was being arrogant in the finals? 

What was whiting supposed to do when Nh wrestler just was continually just extending arms to keep whiting off of him???  Jordan did toy with those heavyweights at North Oldham like he will continue to do ! Those who actually try to wrestle him get pinned! He actually takes it easy on the obviously inferior that to me is GOOD Sportsmanship!!!

Folks,

I posted the results in the "HIGH SCHOOL RESULTS"  forum and in a thread in the "HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING" forum.

BigWrestleFan - to my knowledge, the only thing the concession stand ran out of was hamburgers, and they were replenished.  I know that prior to finals the price was even reduced on grilled cheese, chili and baked potatoes. Eventually, baked potatoes were given away since there were so many left.

Could you be more specific of the time frame and what item in particular we ran out of?  Obviously, we want to make sure the wrestlers are fed and fed well.  But you need to realize that we can't be left with a bunch of perishable food at the end of the day.

It isn't the fact that he is toying with them. It's the fact that he'll stand up [not to press action/set something up] just to show that he can. The expressions on his face and the things he does are a none-verbal form of bragging/showing off. I never really realized how bad it was until this tournament.

What was whiting supposed to do when Nh wrestler just was continually just extending arms to keep whiting off of him???  Jordan did toy with those heavyweights at North Oldham like he will continue to do ! Those who actually try to wrestle him get pinned! He actually takes it easy on the obviously inferior that to me is GOOD Sportsmanship!!!

Yes, I'm sure they all appreciate his pity.  :roll:

It isn't the fact that he is toying with them. It's the fact that he'll stand up [not to press action/set something up] just to show that he can. The expressions on his face and the things he does are a none-verbal form of bragging/showing off. I never really realized how bad it was until this tournament.

Same thing at a match at the Dragon.

I was not attempting to issue an opinion on Whiting's wrestling either way, I was just trying to explain what another post was alluding too.

Whiting may have thought he was going to have an easy finals, but it didn't turn out that way. This was browder first round with Whiting. He found out that whiting is actually human and makes mistakes. I always say, don't judge a book by its cover. Browder has alot more talent then given credit for. Each of them only had an escape, Whiting got his other point only by pushing him out of bounds. Granted, Whiting is a beast, and showed he was strong by throwing him around, but he exposed himself a few times and almost ended up on his back.

Not that i am bias or anything being his coach, but Browder gave him a good match. I definately wouldn't say Whiting dominated the match.

I would expect more from you Coach Fulk. 

Thats fine.  I take offense at computer critics about my parent's hardwork.  Our tournament is a fundraiser for our team.  I think our concession prices where consistant with other tournament I have been to.  We do not gouge, nor inflate our prices.

I don't even charge a fee for a cooler!

We are a self funded program.  Our tournament pays for our rooms at state.

If you expect more for me.... fine, I expect people not to always find something critical.  It was a great day of wrestling, and I'll stand by what I said.  He doesn't like our prices, then don't come back.  We won't miss him.

Thats fine.  I take offense at computer critics about my parent's hardwork.  Our tournament is a fundraiser for our team.  I think our concession prices where consistant with other tournament I have been to.  We do not gouge, nor inflate our prices.

I don't even charge a fee for a cooler!

We are a self funded program.  Our tournament pays for our rooms at state.

If you expect more for me.... fine, I expect people not to always find something critical.  It was a great day of wrestling, and I'll stand by what I said.  He doesn't like our prices, then don't come back.  We won't miss him.

i didnt see much wrong with prices either

and i liked the way it was ran it was a good day

the brackets were a little odd but other than that it was pretty good

Folks,

I posted the results in the "HIGH SCHOOL RESULTS"  forum and in a thread in the "HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING" forum.

BigWrestleFan - to my knowledge, the only thing the concession stand ran out of was hamburgers, and they were replenished.  I know that prior to finals the price was even reduced on grilled cheese, chili and baked potatoes. Eventually, baked potatoes were given away since there were so many left.

Could you be more specific of the time frame and what item in particular we ran out of?  Obviously, we want to make sure the wrestlers are fed and fed well.  But you need to realize that we can't be left with a bunch of perishable food at the end of the day.

Having planned and run concessions for several years now, I can confirm that it's really hard to know how much will be sold and when. Every tournament is different and is affected by the weather and the teams at the tournament. And even what will sell changes from year to year. We had to give away and throw out a bunch of baked potatoes last year, when the year before last, we ran out of them. Those running concessions are trying to balance the actual cost of purchasing items for sale with what we think people will pay. And, as the above post says, you don't want to have a bunch of food left over because that's lost profit. The coach pointed out they didn't charge a cooler fee either, which is pretty common, so those who didn't want to pay the prices could have brought their own food.

I just have to say -- lighten up. Hositality and concessions at these tournaments are run by parents who have fulltime jobs, who put in a 12+-hour day at a tournament they host, and who also want to catch a glimpse of their boys wrestling in the midst of managing all the other host activities. We're simply trying to support our team and be good hosts. Cut us a little slack, please.  :-D

Are you all serious with where this is going???  We're talking about volunteers as if they are six figure paid workers.  I found no problems with the concessions or anything else.  I would actually commend North for how smoothly things went once the tournament got started.  If your not prepared to donate your whole Saturday and for some uncomfortable moments, I suggest finding another way to pass your time...  These issues some of you keep complaining about are unnessary and contrite.  The most important thing are the wrestlers, not placating those of you who come for a five-star fine dining experience.  Give me a break.

:-P