Sign in to follow this  
powerhalf

Weight Allowance?

Should their be a extra weight allowance given at Middle School State due to fact schools have been closed and teams haven't been practicing.  School is still out in many counties.  I would hope this is being considered by the KYSWA.  A extra pound or two would be great.  What does everyone think?

Kids have plenty of time to make weight. The ice has melted off of the roads and i am sure you will be able to practice this week. We probably wont be in school all week and our wrestlers know they have to manage their weight and work out anyway they can.

So no i don't think they should be given a weight allowance.

no weight i agree although it would help me out but i live on one of the worst roads and havent missed one practice so their is no excuse for needing mor weight over the extra two

I DON'T THINK THERE SHOULD BE ANY ALLOWANCE GIVEN FOR STATE MY SON HAD TO DROP 10 POUNDS IN 3 DAYS TO MAKE WEIGHT FOR REGIONALS WHICH MADE HIM TIRED AND WEAK WHICH CAUSED HIM TO LOSE OUT ON STATE MY SON HAD BEEN BEATEN TWICE ALL YEAR AND NEVER BY PIN JUST ON POINTS SO I THINK IF THESE GUYS WANT TO WRESTLE AT STATE THEY SHOULD WORK TO KEEP THEIR WEIGHT DOWN AND IF THEY DON'T MAKE WEIGHT THEN THEY DON'T WRESTLE SIMPLE ENOUGH

I know this is middle school but NWCA guidelines say if any team is not in school the day before the meet because of weather then a 1 lb allowance should be given.  Also if a meet is postponed because of weather for 1 day you may give 1 lb.

I DON'T THINK THERE SHOULD BE ANY ALLOWANCE GIVEN FOR STATE MY SON HAD TO DROP 10 POUNDS IN 3 DAYS TO MAKE WEIGHT FOR REGIONALS WHICH MADE HIM TIRED AND WEAK WHICH CAUSED HIM TO LOSE OUT ON STATE MY SON HAD BEEN BEATEN TWICE ALL YEAR AND NEVER BY PIN JUST ON POINTS SO I THINK IF THESE GUYS WANT TO WRESTLE AT STATE THEY SHOULD WORK TO KEEP THEIR WEIGHT DOWN AND IF THEY DON'T MAKE WEIGHT THEN THEY DON'T WRESTLE SIMPLE ENOUGH

mommaofthe beast,

This is middle school; why in the world is your son cutting 10 pounds :? ??  Regrettable maybe others kids, coaches and parents will learn from your son's experience of cutting to much weigh and not being at his best.  Maybe he should have just wrestled up a weigh class and his talent would have been enough to get him to state; especially if he had only lost twice all year  :-o.

thats definately true, i would cut 7 or eight pounds for a tournament and feel pretty weak but when i bumped up a weight and had some success against some varsity guys as an eighth grader in his first year of wrestling

First, you should change your name to BEAST FOR A MOMMA. If you let your middle schooler drop 10 lbs in 3 days to make weight you need a social worker visit. It's middle school MOMMA! No wonder he lost. In all my years of wrestling, your excuse for junior losing is the worst I've heard. Yes, it caused me to laugh out loud.

Secondly, quit yelling when you type MOMMA. Do you write in capitals because every word you type is that important? 

Honestly ipea, if that's the worst you have ever heard than you must have spent all of your years of wrestling in a nut shell! Or maybe it was the OHSAA bylaws you so diligently study that has kept you from hearing anything worse than that. What ever the case may be, your more holy than thou attitude is really rather nauseating.

Honestly ipea, if that's the worst you have ever heard than you must have spent all of your years of wrestling in a nut shell! Or maybe it was the OHSAA bylaws you so diligently study that has kept you from hearing anything worse than that. What ever the case may be, your more holy than thou attitude is really rather nauseating.

Hey buckeye, I will give you a very valuable piece of advice. If my comments nauseate you, don't read them, unless you enjoy the feeling of almost vomiting.

Buckeye, if you didn't laugh at "BEAST FOR A MOMMA", your weak stomach is the least of your problems.  That was funny, unless the beast is your wife. If so, then I really feel sorry for you. Please accept my apology. 

First of all when a 12 yr old is 5'9 and 160 pounds it's hard to keep him within the weight guide lines he has grown 4 inches since the beginning of school and he has had to wrestle up both in the 165 and 185 weight class he was undefeated in both It was not possible for him to wrestle up a weight class at regionals since we already had a boy in the 165 who had a great season and neither I nor the coach thought it would be fair to move him up and knock another child out of a spot So what ever you may think of me or my motives my son chose to lose the weight and unfortunately it back fired on him Rest assured he will be better prepared next year and I don't see him having any trouble winning regionals and placing very high in state And as far as the name change suggestion well opinions are like a-holes everyone has one and yours stinks

"Momma"...

I agree there should not be a weight allowance; as wrestlers (at this point in the season) should have their weight under control and "pretty near" the weigh in weight...

Good luck to the "Beast" next year!

:|

First of all when a 12 yr old is 5'9 and 160 pounds it's hard to keep him within the weight guide lines he has grown 4 inches since the beginning of school and he has had to wrestle up both in the 165 and 185 weight class he was undefeated in both It was not possible for him to wrestle up a weight class at regionals since we already had a boy in the 165 who had a great season and neither I nor the coach thought it would be fair to move him up and knock another child out of a spot So what ever you may think of me or my motives my son chose to lose the weight and unfortunately it back fired on him Rest assured he will be better prepared next year and I don't see him having any trouble winning regionals and placing very high in state And as far as the name change suggestion well opinions are like a-holes everyone has one and yours stinks

[/quote

................  know what these are?

"Momma"...

I agree there should not be a weight allowance; as wrestlers (at this point in the season) should have their weight under control and "pretty near" the weigh in weight...

Good luck to the "Beast" next year!

:|

I don't get it.  Are you agreeing with Momma?  It sounds like her son was anything BUT pretty near his weight.  Let's get real people.  Middle school aged kids should not be cutting 10 lbs in 3 days.  Shame on any coach or parent that would allow this.  Cutting weight at that age could seriously stunt "the beast's" growth.  Look at what happened to this guy when his parents allowed him to cut 10 lbs in 3 days:

http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00007/73/18/7968137_l.jpg

The only time it would be nauseating is if it were a picture of you in your 15th hour of cramming your unwanted opinion down someone Else's throat!!

Doesn't middle school allow 2 wretlers per weight class.  He should have been able to wrestle without cutting weight if there were not more than 1 other wrestler on his team that he couldn't beat in that weight class.  Just a thought.