Sign in to follow this  
171suprise

Best Technicians

I havent seen alot of Kentucky Wrestlers outside of Region 1 in action. So im just going to go and throw out a virtual nobody. Our 103, David Sahms, has possibly the best technique on the entire team. Depending on how you define good technique though. He can properly execute almost any move I can think of. This is basically the only way he wins matches, considering he only weighs about 90 pounds. His brother Robbie also had very good technique. And from my understanding they started Robbie's Freshman year.

I saw Fayhe wrestle at the Dragon, he's impressive. I was surprised when i realized what he looked like (no offense, I just pictured some kid who was massive) but he was unreal.

ha me too

justin davis korey shotwell icirho chiba jj jelly jam jude

justin davis??? really???a technician...i mean hes good an i love watching him wrestle, but id bet he'd tell you himself all he works is netraul and standups...

all the ervins

harrison courtney

josh johnson

john fahy

steve norbury

no doubt that harrison is one of the best if not the best wrestler in the state i would not put him in the top technicians.

Technicians?  While many of the guys mentioned are good, I wouldn't say they are technicians.  Many are strong... and may hit some moves well... but I've seen a lot of sloppy moves work because the opponent didn't know how to counter, wasn't expecting and didn't react well, or just got lucky. 

justin davis??? really???a technician...i mean hes good an i love watching him wrestle, but id bet he'd tell you himself all he works is netraul and standups...

Justin works on everything. Not saying he's the best technician by any means, but he does work on everything  at practice. Although he stays neutral most of his matches. He was working some tilts on Omar at the Dragon though.

Justin works on everything. Not saying he's the best technician by any means, but he does work on everything  at practice. Although he stays neutral most of his matches. He was working some tilts on Omar at the Dragon though.

i will take your word on that, and im not taking anything away from him at all. but he is not a technician, although there are many other wrestlers that were mentioned in this thread that arent either. my vote goes to harrison courtney, of course.

I'll tell you two former wrestlers I think were great technicians -- Ben Rupp and Johnny Wolsifer. Both of them were very methodical in their approach. They took their time, knew how to counter. Didn't appear to be doing all that much and then, all of sudden would pull a move you weren't expecting, and you were done.

I would say my father in law Steve Hillock.  He wrestled for Woodford County in the early 70's.  He was an official in both Ky and Indiana.  I met him and introduced me to daughter its been over ever since.  We used to work on technique when I was in high school and I learned alot from him.  Now as a head coach in Indiana, i still use a few things he taught me to my wrestlers and my son, and Steve often travels to tourneys with my son when I cannot attend with High School tournaments.

no doubt that harrison is one of the best if not the best wrestler in the state i would not put him in the top technicians.

what???? your insane, let me ask you something, ever seen any body get a shot on courtney? ever seen courtney ride on top? ever see courtney shoot in on a leg? HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED COURTNEY WRESTLE??? I would put him at the very top of our list. every shot he takes is at the best time. He can work his hips on top to where its like wearing a belt. i haven't seen very many people that wrestle like courtney does.

what???? your insane, let me ask you something, ever seen any body get a shot on courtney? ever seen courtney ride on top? ever see courtney shoot in on a leg? HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED COURTNEY WRESTLE??? I would put him at the very top of our list. every shot he takes is at the best time. He can work his hips on top to where its like wearing a belt. i haven't seen very many people that wrestle like courtney does.

daniel thuenamen??? he made courtney look like he had never wrestled before in the third period last year. (if it was last year, i dont remember if it was last year or the year before) i think courtney let his guard down cause he just thought he had the match won, and he did go on to win in overtime, but daniel was definetly on his level.

Courtney was and still is heads and tails better than Theuneman.  Not even close.

That match will haunt Theuneman for the rest of his life and eternity

bue sanders was better than courtney on his feet (or at least close). and im going to apologize in advance but you are and idiot if you think courtney is heads and tails over thuenamen yes i would say courtney is better but it is very close and could really go either way. the only place where courtney is a technician is on top. definitely not the best technician not close