Sign in to follow this  
head trap

Head traps

Head traps frustrate me alot. Our first coach this year showed them once in practice and never again. But almost all of our wrestlers will only try that move. Back before we were able to get a coach I was trying to it make so we would never teach it in the first place and only focus on shots for the new guys. But now we are stuck with alot of our new guys going straight to their back because of a poorly executed head and arm at the start of the match

Bulldog leader, you are the man. I loved the way you called BS on that pin all 3 years quote. That was also during my era and I never recalled those stats. If my memory serves me well, I think there was only one wrestler in 1985 who pinned-em-all, lol.

Hey IPEA;  you may want to get that arm checked out.  I'm sure one of your orthopedic buddies could fix that broken arm. :-D

Maybe they can even set it up so that it will be easier for you to pat your own back, since you do it so often.  :evil: :lol: :-o

so if a Olympian used a cowboy in a match would it still be a middle school no elementary school move

yea it doesn't matter who uses it, ive seen nate carr do somthing like it, and i still think its crap. good try

Hey IPEA;  you may want to get that arm checked out.  I'm sure one of your orthopedic buddies could fix that broken arm. :-D

Maybe they can even set it up so that it will be easier for you to pat your own back, since you do it so often.  :evil: :lol: :-o

What do you mean, I had it intentionally broken and set so I could do just that! Why would I want to have it any other way?

5 bucks sez i can kowboy you n make you blow snot bubbles and wheeze like a Marlboro baby. It's such an elementary move that the Iowa Hawkeyes use it. Does the 10 stand for IQ?   

i'll take that, already tried to take one bet on here and that guy backed out so ill try again, my email is imbst1990@aol.com email me get more info i'll wget the look on you. now im a lower weight so if youre like 160 to hvy ill have to pass til after season. Now i bet you can't even prepare to COWBOY me and you say you are going to make me have snot bubbles, for 5 bucks. Got it, actually the 10 is for your IQ (sez, kowboy ??) yea never seen a hawkeye use it sorry but please if you have tell me where  you have and i'll still think its a crap move and say "why are the hawkeyes using a bad move"

Let's clarify "cowboy".  In my world, it is not a head n arm but a chancery or cement job. If that is the case the Hawks used it for years and you can call it crap if you want.  It is high percentage and fundamentally simple.  Yes, it is taught at the Elem. because it is safe and easy to learn but so is a half nelson.  Let me guess, thats garbage too?

You won't be getting a look on me as I no longer wear the uniform and no you cannot have my email.

Let's clarify "cowboy".  In my world, it is not a head n arm but a chancery or cement job. If that is the case the Hawks used it for years and you can call it crap if you want.  It is high percentage and fundamentally simple.  Yes, it is taught at the Elem. because it is safe and easy to learn but so is a half nelson.  Let me guess, thats garbage too?

You won't be getting a look on me as I no longer wear the uniform and no you cannot have my email.

no a cowboy is when you are in a standing position and  lets say you set it up right , you have fish hook and post, you push with fore-arm on fish hook side, leading on that the other wrestler pushes back, when he does you pull on the fish hook, throw the post around his head, and either hip toss him over or just indian sit(a bit safer) and the reason they call it a cowboy is because if you have ever seen a rodeo and they do the event called 'calf wrestling" the rodeoers/cowboys do the exact same thing except to a baby cow. YES 1 point me! and its ok i don't need a look on you mister grapplez with nutz. and by the way a cement MIXER isn't the same move as a chancery, a gator roll or cement job is when you have someone in a front head lock and you roll under( more of  freestyle move) i dont know what world you come from but where ever it was they sucked at wrestling, keep that uniform off Nutz

First, a fish hook is something you use in Fishing but I guess I can relate to your world.  I know what a Mixer is and what a cement job is and what a chancery is.  Many years in many states, many camps terms get mixed and matched.  Thanks for clarification, either way I could probably set it up though it wasn't bread and butter.

I guess I (we) did suck pretty bad, somehow I didn't win the popularity contest on best pound for pound.  Our team must have sucked too when we ran through state.  Let's see how you do at state and if you don't walk through it, then I am wasting my time.  Better hang on to that 1 pt. lead.

First, a fish hook is something you use in Fishing but I guess I can relate to your world.  I know what a Mixer is and what a cement job is and what a chancery is.  Many years in many states, many camps terms get mixed and matched.  Thanks for clarification, either way I could probably set it up though it wasn't bread and butter.

I guess I (we) did suck pretty bad, somehow I didn't win the popularity contest on best pound for pound.  Our team must have sucked too when we ran through state.  Let's see how you do at state and if you don't walk through it, then I am wasting my time.  Better hang on to that 1 pt. lead.

just drop it grapplez with nutz you were wrong except that and where i come we have blown threw plenty state tournys 13 to be exact. why are you wasting time ,stop doing it ,lets meet, lets wrestle, you wont cowboy me end of discussion. 2 pts me

the cement job and the cement combo mixer works great, and if setup correctly is 100 percent safe, just like any other move. i have used it many times against many good wrestlers and either scored from it, or come up neutral.

neither the cement job, or the cement mixer is a throw. the mixer is a roll, much like the gator roll, and the job is as much a takedown as anything else...hence the two points you get for hitting it  :-D

Is this the same thing as a head lock hip toss?

no, i dont even know how they got brought up in this post. i mentioned them, cause someone else mentioned them, but i dont know why.

no a cowboy is when you are in a standing position and  lets say you set it up right , you have fish hook and post, you push with fore-arm on fish hook side, leading on that the other wrestler pushes back, when he does you pull on the fish hook, throw the post around his head, and either hip toss him over or just indian sit(a bit safer) and the reason they call it a cowboy is because if you have ever seen a rodeo and they do the event called 'calf wrestling" the rodeoers/cowboys do the exact same thing except to a baby cow. YES 1 point me! and its ok i don't need a look on you mister grapplez with nutz. and by the way a cement MIXER isn't the same move as a chancery, a gator roll or cement job is when you have someone in a front head lock and you roll under( more of  freestyle move) i dont know what world you come from but where ever it was they sucked at wrestling, keep that uniform off Nutz

Kolat.com News

Mar. 12th 6 New Clips Cover "Defending the Cement Job or Cowboy"

Just an FYI.