Sign in to follow this  
betterhalf

Weather issues

Just wondering about what will happen to the State Duals with the major ice storm that has covered the majority of the state.  Our county is under a State of Emergency and it doesn't look like we are going to thaw out any time soon.  We also have massive power outages.  I know that our county can't be the only one.  So what is the rule on this?

I think that is why constantly having things in the Eastern part (Golden Triangle area) of the state puts the Western and Central teams at a disadvantage.  The win will not have the same weight if teams can't show up. IMO

I don't know about anyone else but I want to win against the best not just who is able to show up.  To me that is no different than claiming to be varsity but only wrestling JV wrestlers so that a great record can be posted.  Just not the same. IMO.

Don't over state it, teams have chosen not to come and some decide not to come because of weather, injuries or illness.  But you still have most of the best teams in the state.  Better compitition than most duals or tournaments..

Don't over state it, teams have chosen not to come and some decide not to come because of weather, injuries or illness.  But you still have most of the best teams in the state.  Better compitition than

most duals or tournaments..

Don't think it was overstated but course you would see it that way, you are in the Golden Triangle. 

i believe the golden triangle was an old wooden ship perhaps of the civil war era if i'm not to be mistaken? Am i right ranger?

Let me go ahead and fix your destroyed quote...

"I may be wrong here but I believe the Golden Triangle was an old, old wooden ship used during the civil war era."

"Steve, I doubt network would be concerned with the lack of an old, old wooden ship"

oh ok i'm sorry ha ha check out what i put for the top four at each weight class dusty i made it the number one in each weight class

Real f%&*ing funny, Bernie Mack.

As long as Fayette Co doesn't cancel all activities it will go on.  If teams aren't able to make it then other Region 7 teams will be given an opportunity to compete with Henry Clay having the top spot since they are hosting it.  This has happened many times in years past and the meet is successful.

Don't think it was overstated but course you would see it that way, you are in the Golden Triangle. 

So if we move it to say Bowling Green, then the eastern part of the state will probably not show up and if we move it to Paintville we won't get the western part of the state. As much as people want to whine, Lexington is one of the easiest places to host it. Or, you could talk to your coach to work on getting it moved.

I think if 3 or more teams cancel it should be called off. I don't want to go to a "state dual" tourney that has Henry Clay, Lafayette and Dunbar just b/c the teams from Region 1 and 2 couldn't make it.

Coach McCoy posted a thread on General Wrestling forum saying that the state duals are ON. Henry clay is taking the place of Southern.

The decision to have the state duals will be decided tomorrow at noon. There are 3 coaches on the executive board of the coaches association who make the final determination. It is not the decision of KHSAA.

The decision to have the state duals will be decided tomorrow at noon. There are 3 coaches on the executive board of the coaches association who make the final determination. It is not the decision of KHSAA.

Actually I think the final decision will be made by the superintendent of Fayette Co since it's being held at a Fayette Co school.  Those coaches can say it's on and Mr. Silberman say no and it won't happen.  Now those coaches can cancel and then Silberman won't have to worry about it.

Actually I think the final decision will be made by the superintendent of Fayette Co since it's being held at a Fayette Co school.  Those coaches can say it's on and Mr. Silberman say no and it won't happen.  Now those coaches can cancel and then Silberman won't have to worry about it.

OK, it sounds like several have the ability to cancel the tournament. The coaches exec committee and superintendent. God may also have a say.

Does anyone know if Union County will be attending State Duals?

If so, could you let them know that they need to contact either Coach Feiser or Coach Canter as soon as possible.

Thanks.