Sign in to follow this  
171suprise

Dragon Invitational

bryant scored first off a hip toss and kept bradbury on his back for a full 5 count. they were near the edge of the mat and bradbury finally worked his way out. after that bradbury took control of the match and won by pin.

1. John Fahy(TRI) tech fall (15-0 according to courier journal)

2. TJ Ruschell(Ryle)

3. Robert Bracco(WC)

4. TJ Schuyler(OC)

1. Myron Bradbury(TRI) pin over

2. Will Bryant(LAF)

3. Severs(St.X) dec.

4. Supe(Scott)

1. Matt Zarth(HC)-6-2 dec. over

2. Michael Osbourne(Ryle)

3. Mack Logsdon(WC) 7-4 dec. over

4. Hoskinson(St.X)

1. Austin Palmer(Ryle)

2. Travis Krausiewics(WC)

Not entirely sure but i think it was supe over hedges

3. Supe(Scott) 9-6 dec. over

4. Hedges(TC)

1. Stephen Norbury(SK)-3rd period pin over

2. Jordan Murphy(JH)

3. ?

4. ?

1. Josh Johnson(JH) pin over

2. John Lampe(STX)

3. Tom Shirey(EAS)

4. Matt Matheny(TRI)

1. Justin Davis(EAS) tech. fall (18-0) over

2. Omar Jarvis(CENT)

3. Cody Guiler(HC)

4. ?

1. Cole Proctor(SO)

2. Brian White(WC)

3. ?

4. Jeremy Bollman(OC)

1. Court Mace(Ryle)

2. Erin McCauley(TRI)

3. ?

4. ?

1. Harrison Courtney(WC)

2. Connor Coyle(Ryle)

3. ?

4. ?

1. Brad Hitchings(TRI)-maj. dec. 16-3 over

2. Will Hogben(Ryle)

3. David George(St.X)

4. ?

1. Jacob Bradford(Ryle)-won by default because Houchens was injured (i believe bradford was ahead when the match was stopped)

2. Ryan Houchens(SO)

3. Stewart Stevens(SCOTT)

4. Jeff Smith(OC)

1. Ichiro Chiba(OC)-won by fall in :48 over

2. Brock Messina(TRI)

3. Shamon Brown(LAF)

4. Menes McNeely(EAS)

1. Jordan Whiting(TRI)-won by forfeit

2. Glenn Frost(JH) (Frost forfeited in the finals with an injury)

3. ?

4. ?

Teams:

1. Ryle -232

2. Trinity -229

3. Woodford -191

4.Saint Xavier

Most Outstanding Wrestler-Matt Zarth

I don't know the teams after this but i think it was South Oldham

Hopefully others can fill in the rest

it wasnt stephen supe over kasey hedges for third and fourth it was supe and kirby goodwine. kirby lost by close to a major. i met with supe in the conso semis. i was winning 6 to 2 going into the third and made a few mistakes that put me on my back. it was 7 to 6 supe with 15 seconds left when i made a desperation shot, and he took me down to make it 9 to 6. it was a good match, congrats stephen, cant wait to wrestle again.

it wasnt stephen supe over kasey hedges for third and fourth it was supe and kirby goodwine. kirby lost by close to a major. i met with supe in the conso semis. i was winning 6 to 2 going into the third and made a few mistakes that put me on my back. it was 7 to 6 supe with 15 seconds left when i made a desperation shot, and he took me down to make it 9 to 6. it was a good match, congrats stephen, cant wait to wrestle again.

Supe's speed is just so fast

I'm pretty sure the score to the Zarth/Osbourne match was actually 6-5.... Also, third place at 145 was Zack Bolog from Ryle to help fill in one of those blanks

Wow i can see these two having a awesome finals match at state.  :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure the score to the Zarth/Osbourne match was actually 6-5.... Also, third place at 145 was Zack Bolog from Ryle to help fill in one of those blanks

Was it that close?  It seemed like Zarth dominated the entire match, just wearing Osbourne down with his strength. 

The Dragon's a great tournament but i have always had a problem with their finals matches being so anticlimactic: no face-off, its not run on 1 mat in the center of the room but rather 3 mats on 1 side, and its so late that everybody justs wants to leave

I believe the final score was 6-2, with Zarth seemingly in control. Osborne threatened to score a couple of times, but the final 5 seconds was when the HC coaches had to be holding their breathe. Osborne nearly took Zarth from his feet to his back. He just couldn't hold him there.

I believe the final score was 6-2, with Zarth seemingly in control. Osborne threatened to score a couple of times, but the final 5 seconds was when the HC coaches had to be holding their breathe. Osborne nearly took Zarth from his feet to his back. He just couldn't hold him there.

Osborne did get a takedown and two back points in the last 30 seconds and Zarth got an escape with 5 seconds left (if that).  Final score was 6-5.

wrestlers and coaches had to stand in line like going through security at an airport and when the " powers that be" saw how long it was taking ,they just let them on through unattested.  This was just the start of a horendously long ,drawn-out day to say the least.

Is Houchens OK? Will he be able to return this season? What kind of injury?

Any update to any off the S. Oldham kids that got hurt :?

Will they be able to go come Regions :?