Sign in to follow this  
DrCradle

JEfferson County tournament

Don't the referee's have to have graduated from some high school? 

I sure wouldn't want a drop out to be my official. 

These are professionals, I doubt that most would put their alma mater above the rest on the mat.  If you honestly think that MEN have that much loyalty to their high school then you have much more to learn. 

In no way would a referee put his reputation as an adult on the line because he use to be affiliated with a high school.  After graduation the only thing that high school does is give you a reason to have a class reunion ever 5 or 10 years.  (didn't go to my 25th maybe I'll go to my 30th)

Heard Seneca was missing Harper, probably would have changed the final team scores.

That and I still have a problem with referees being graduates of participating schools, in this case I heard St X and Trinity. :?

I'm not quite sure where you're heading on this one.  Both Shaws are from LaRue and they weren't there.  Cattan is from Doss, but he has no bias.  He hates everyone, lol.  I'm don't know what high school Shumate attended.  I think he went to high school before wrestling was a sport.  Anyway, Mark is as far as they come so nobody should have a complaint about him being biased.  The only one you could possibly be referring to would be Barnett.  I don't think he went to either Trinity or X, but I know he has/did have a son who wrestled JV for X.  Most of the time, if it at all possible, he will opt not to referee any of the St. X. matches to avoid any possible controversy or complaints someone might have for this very reason.  Like them or not, all 5 of those officials are fair.  Ever think that a lot of calls go St. X. & Trinity's way because maybe their wrestlers tend to be that good?  Just a thought.

Yes they did have wrestling back when shumate was in school,because I wrestled at the same time.He went to Stuart(closed),and Valley,and he is very fair.He refs some of my son's matches and shows no-bias.

Heard Seneca was missing Harper, probably would have changed the final team scores.

That and I still have a problem with referees being graduates of participating schools, in this case I heard St X and Trinity. :?

u obviously dont know what you are talking about because the refs that were there graduated from central larue and valley

Its a good thing he moved down b/c i dont think he would come close to beating. Broussard, SEN or Stengle, PRP. But then again Stengle hurt his knee and thats why Ford, MAN beat him.

Barnett graduated from Central, I don't think Moore was around then.  The stone tablets hadn't made it out that far to the burbs yet...jk. and I thought Shumate was from Indiana.

None of the refs graduated from St.X or Trinity.

J.Shaw-Larue

C.Shaw-Larue

Barnett-Moore,I believe

Cataan-Doss

Shumate-?