Sign in to follow this  
enthusiast

Woodford County Invitational -Dec. 29/30

I find it quite funny that you started a account just to tell me this.  All of the bad things that was said about the tourny, and this is what bothers you the most  lol.  I was in no way saying that I did not appreciate everything that was done for the coaches and refs.  I know you all work hard and I thank you for this.  It is a hard task for so many people.  I never said it was bad and I said thank you the times I went in there.  I am still entitled to my opinion though, and I say it was lackluster.  Everyone has there opinions, you know this, you are from Woodford.  I mostly say this because in the years before it seemed much better, especially being in the cafeteria.  If my comment about a hospitality room is what offends you most on this forum, then I commend you.

Anthony Mills

Master Hospitality Room Rater

I mean, I'm a d*** but to complain about free food?  Wow. 

I mean, I'm a d*** but to complain about free food?   Wow. 

Dont worry, I dont see my Karma catching up with yours anytime soon.

I have been on both sides of the coin at hospitality rooms as a coach and a volunteer.  The parents who works those rooms spend time and money providing  a service for the coaches and referees.  The parents are often overlooked as this service has become expected and when we are not waited on hand and foot and fed 2 or 3 meals in one day by people we don't even know then the whining begins.  Everyone wants to put on a good wrestling tournament including the parents.  To those who feel they have been slited for a lack of appreciation in the kitchen I would like to thank you for your efforts.  For those who think it is their right and not a privledge to be slopped by those folks shame on you.  You should bring your own bologna next time.

I think old140 just wants someone to listen to him whine.

Just ignore criticisms on a message board, especially when it comes to food. Its not worth the time or the energy to even respond.

I think old140 just wants someone to listen to him whine.

Just ignore criticisms on a message board, especially when it comes to food. Its not worth the time or the energy to even respond.

Yeah thats what it is.  Check the board, see how much I whine.  Look at my original post.  I was one of the few that said I actually thought the tourny was ran well this year.  Read before you write.  I actually find it quite hilarious that someone was reading through all the bad posts about Woodford and its tournament, then they come upon my comment and freak out.

I find it quite funny that you started a account just to tell me this.  All of the bad things that was said about the tourny, and this is what bothers you the most  lol.  I was in no way saying that I did not appreciate everything that was done for the coaches and refs.  I know you all work hard and I thank you for this.  It is a hard task for so many people.  I never said it was bad and I said thank you the times I went in there.  I am still entitled to my opinion though, and I say it was lackluster.  Everyone has there opinions, you know this, you are from Woodford.  I mostly say this because in the years before it seemed much better, especially being in the cafeteria.  If my comment about a hospitality room is what offends you most on this forum, then I commend you.

Anthony Mills

Master Hospitality Room Rater

I can't believe some bus driver is on here complaining about a hospitality room.  :-D

We have to give our bus driver money to eat. A new school board rule.

We go through the bags of the wrestlers having a had time making weight, take their food and put it in a brown bag. Give the brown bag to the bus driver. :-D

I've always thought Woodford had a nice hospitality room.  I would personally like to thank all the parents who work those rooms.  I know it's a thankless job.  Anyone who knows me knows that I like to eat, not to mention there's something about free food that I absolutely love, lol.  Even if it's just a doughnut or bag of chips, it's still free and money I don't have to spend out of my pocket.  I've personally never gone hungry at a meet no matter how nice or "lackluster" the hospitality room was.  You have many parents who work nonstop in those rooms for 1 or 2 days and the only thing they ask in return isn't even a simple thank you.  They just want to be able to break away for 5 to 10 minutes, 2-5 times a tournament to see their child wrestle.  So again, thank you to all the parents who sacrifice just as much as the wrestlers and coaches do.  Now with that being said, North Oldham always has a very nice hospitality room at their Mustang Classic.  Hey NOHS Wrestling, even though I'm not coaching this year, if I come to the Mustang, can I sneak in the h-room for some of that food?  Man those ladies can cook.

I would also like to add that I don't think old140 meant to offend anyone and I don't think he was complaining, even though it might not seem like it.  Wow, this thread has gone from who's going to the WCI, to the wrestling on the mat, to the hospitality room at Woodford to North Oldham's hospitality room.  If we keep going, we might be able to start naming some of our favorite dishes that are served at tournaments and turn that into what restaurants we like the most.  You have to love some of the threads on this site!

I've always thought Woodford had a nice hospitality room.  I would personally like to thank all the parents who work those rooms.  I know it's a thankless job.  Anyone who knows me knows that I like to eat, not to mention there's something about free food that I absolutely love, lol.  Even if it's just a doughnut or bag of chips, it's still free and money I don't have to spend out of my pocket.  I've personally never gone hungry at a meet no matter how nice or "lackluster" the hospitality room was.  You have many parents who work nonstop in those rooms for 1 or 2 days and the only thing they ask in return isn't even a simple thank you.  They just want to be able to break away for 5 to 10 minutes, 2-5 times a tournament to see their child wrestle.  So again, thank you to all the parents who sacrifice just as much as the wrestlers and coaches do.  Now with that being said, North Oldham always has a very nice hospitality room at their Mustang Classic.  Hey NOHS Wrestling, even though I'm not coaching this year, if I come to the Mustang, can I sneak in the h-room for some of that food?  Man those ladies can cook.

Brother, you are always welcome in our house. 

Brother, you are always welcome in our house. 

Much appreciated.  Tell the nice lady's no getting off easy this year.  And they thought they would have to have 1/2 as much food since I wasn't coaching this year lol.  If Coach Cole brings Iroquois back to the Mustang this year, watch out.  Kroger will be safe from the weakening economy.

Much appreciated.  Tell the nice lady's no getting off easy this year.  And they thought they would have to have 1/2 as much food since I wasn't coaching this year lol.  If Coach Cole brings Iroquois back to the Mustang this year, watch out.  Kroger will be safe from the weakening economy.

Between me, you, Cole, and Cattan..... I think my team's mom's are going to be just a little bit busy!