Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 PRESEASON NOV 15

grappler - Thanks for the compliments.  I'm with you 100% (at least on this point), even when you're giving me a hard time.  Like I've always said, I don't claim to be perfect and even though I do spend a lot of time tracking down all of the results I can get, I don't have perfect information.  I count on the good folks on this site for a lot of input as well.  So ride me all you like, but as you said, I prefer it doesn't turn into the situation we are dealing with here.  I've already spent too much time on this battle.  No more for me.  On to bigger and better things.

Should Mack Logsdon really be ranked 9th? All i know of him is that he was JV to Ethan Miller last year, i mean come on do you really think that a JV wrestler can make the change from JV matches to varsity?

That is a good question.  Besides the many good responses already provided, I saw him wrestle a few times last year and was really impressed.  Yes, he will be stepping up to the big time this year, but when you've been scrapping in the room every day with Ethan Miller, Shane Parks, and Coty Lewis to name a few, you are probably ready for it.  I think there will be a lot of guys surprised by him who walk on the mat and say "Mack who?"

Interesting discussion.  Let me begin by saying that as North Oldham's head coach for three years now, and coaching Thomson since he was in 7th grade, the kids's awesome, and a solid wrestler.  Of course I'm biased, and I should be.  Do I care what he is ranked?  Not really. 

Do I share information with Ranger?  Of course, I believe we all should.  It helps the sport  to have a guy who is informed and puts together what I like to tell my guys is a 'hitlist' of wrestlers at their weight they need to beat. 

At the end of the day, I could care less what my guys are ranked, mat performance dictates medals, but I know that for especially my younger wrestlers, that _does_ mean something to them.  You see, newer guys to the sport understand rankings.  They understand when a kid is talked about as being 'Top ten ranked'  and it means something to them, and it gets them hooked in early.  Now, when they pay their dues, they realize it doesn't matter, but rankings are great for some motivation now and again.

Secondly, to all involved: drag North Oldham out of this conversation.  Dinubus is not on our team.  His points are his own to make. Dinubus and Ranger could do opposing rankings, or whatever, doesn't matter to me, let them do as they will and I am sure it will be entertaining.  It seems Coomes/Ranger is no longer an issue, so it might be neat to toss someone out there.  In the end, let them decide.

My point being that North Oldham, and my program have nothing to do with this discussion.  My kids will settle where they need to be on the mat.

Agree coach.  And in no way did I put Dan Thomsom down.  I do my very best to stay away from that sort of thing.  It is pretty sad when adults (and kids as well, but they are kids) to come on here and put kids down who are working hard every day at the sport we all love and support. 

commence Ranger vs Dinubus rankings in 3...2...1...

but seriously though this has all gotten way out of hand. can we please get back on topic now? Does anybody know if Campbell County and Trinity are set to meet anywhere?

If Ranger's rankings were perfect then we wouldn't need to have the season.  The kids could actually go out and enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner this year.  Think of all the extra excuses they would all have to come up with to not do their homework.

There is no way that any rankings for any activity can be perfect.  What I do know is that when I moved to Kentucky I was informed of two ranking systems for Kentucky Wrestling however 95% of all discussion on rankings on this site and in face to face conversations are based on Ranger's rankings.  I think it is obvious then that almost everybody believes that he has the most accurate rankings.  Even if they are terrible they are the best until somebody comes along and does a better job.

What I really find amusing is that some of the adults on this website are acting with the same maturity level as some of the kids.  Like it or not several of us are role models and we all need to be aware of that before we hit post.  Oh and before anybody has the chance to post I know I am not perfect either.

Ranger - I think you do a great job and I am looking forward to taking your rankings to develop hypothetical duel meet results, as I did last year, but please don't let people drag you down to their level.

Mac Logsdon will definitely place this year at state.  I would say, other than Courtney, he has the highest expectations on the Woodford team this year.  However Woodford will continue to put out several good wrestlers and I look for them to continue their streak of top-3 finishes at state this year.  I would put money on Bracco, Logsdon, Travis K, Courtney and Semones all to place high and this year with at least two others to place who nobody really knows anything about yet.

I think that the majority of you did not realize what this was about.  It wasn't really about Ranger's rankings, it was more about him trying to cut people down when he replies.  If he has good reason to cut a person down because he has stated an actual analytical backing to his results, then so be it.  However, when I asked "why" about Thomson, Ranger tried to slam me ("I will type slower for you").  He just needs to be reminded at times that he is not a God of any sorts.  He has no authority to put anyone down because they ask a question.  And, yes, he may need to look at how his posts read prior to posting - such as putting Thomson's name at the beginning of a paragraph that appeared to insinuate that Thomson lost half his matches.  That type of thing gets people heated.

Out side of that, I strongly agree that his time on creating the rankings is very generous.  I have enjoyed checking into them whenever I have time to browse.  I just do not appreciate being slammed when I ask him to give his reasoning for something he has posted.  If he has none, he can just state "That is just how I see it going right now, no real support as of yet."  I also do not appreciate it when I see others being slammed.  Internet bashing has become a major issue in this day and age and as adults we need to ensure that we are not compounding that problem.  On a site like this, many Middle and High School young adults are viewing these slams and may come to believe that it is okay and do it themselves.

Internet bashing has become a major issue in this day and age and as adults we need to ensure that we are not compounding that problem.  On a site like this, many Middle and High School young adults are viewing these slams and may come to believe that it is okay and do it themselves.

Ok this is just because I like to stir the pot and there is really nothing of value to discuss on this topic because they are pre-season rankings.

My response to this statement is "SO WHAT" these "bashings" as you call them aren't even verbal words they are typed words.  If someone

It is very easy to tell you children this.  I'm sure we all do.  However, it still sticks on their psychy and much damage can be caused their.  Just take a look at Columbine H.S. and check into why it all happened.  Some of this stuff can end up very dangerous.  Plus, these young adults are at a very impressionable age in which their value to others is held in high esteem.  Have you ever heard of an ILAC sign?  In past years at many schools there was a class called QUEST in which the students studied to better understand what was called their ILAC sign for 9 weeks.  ILAC stands for I am Lovable And Capable.  It was and still is believed that due to this sign many students end up following peer pressure so they can feel Lovable.

Anyway...

is sean hammons really at 112? a couple of weeks ago he was ranked at 130.

There have been a lot of rumors flying around about this one.  I think the lineup was potentially dictating the 130 spot.  Now that we are down to body fat testing time I think reality is setting in for a lot of guys.

I've been reviewing the minimum weight results and it looks like a number of guys will be moving up this season.  Especially out of the 103 class.  Based on practice so far, who has a new kid in the lineup or returner who may surprise some guys this season at 103?

I also wanted to add that I will try to post an update early next week, if possible, before most of the meets kick off.  And I'll hopefully get on the weekly cycle.  Maybe every Tuesday night or early Wednesday.

I've been reviewing the minimum weight results and it looks like a number of guys will be moving up this season.  Especially out of the 103 class.  Based on practice so far, who has a new kid in the lineup or returner who may surprise some guys this season at 103?

Mitch Rusch, 7th grader 103, Chase Rusch's little brother.  hopefully follows in brothers footsteps and is a 2x state qualifier before he hits high school.

dinoballs, again you make me laugh.  Technically, you are incorrect.  I never started a paragraph with Thomson's name.  I may have been included in the opening sentence, but did not start the paragraph.  And I in no way even came close to implying that Thomson lost half his matches.  Go back and put your superior education to use.  Step 1:  I mention the Thomson/Bollman discussion.  Step 2:  I introduce the fictional character who lost to half of the state qualifiers in the bracket.  Not that complicated.  And definitely not enough to get your panties in such a wad.  I'm not sure if you think I have something against Thomson or North Oldham.  But as far as I know I have never spoken to Thomson and I get along fine with Coach Fulk.  As a matter of fact, he has shared information withe me in the past.

Are you looking for me to create a fancy, mysterious formula?  What is this, the BCS?  Does the AP provide indepth analysis when they publish updated rankings?  And they really mean something in college football and basketball.  If that's what you really want, I can come up with something.  Let's see, 140, I think I did something like:

(length of inseam) divided by (# yrs exp of head coach) multiplied by (# MS degrees held by father) raised to power (life demands*)

* life demands = 1000 if you go to North Oldham because you can claim a small portion of the hectic life dinoballs leads or 0 for everyone else

Oh wait, maybe that was 145.  I don't know, us common folk have such a hard time dealing with complex math and keeping things straight in our ordinary lives.  Maybe one of these days you can enlighten the rest of us and let us in on a small piece of your God-like intellect and athletic ability.

I don't think dinubus goes to North Oldham, we've all been getting a good laugh about these arguments. Dan Thomson was showing me this argument on his iTouch in Econ&Gov class, we got a pretty good kick out of this. My guess is someone who had a kid or athlete who lost to Thomson... I find this quite amusing.

Mitch Rusch, 7th grader 103, Chase Rusch's little brother.  hopefully follows in brothers footsteps and is a 2x state qualifier before he hits high school.

I already had a good tip on him.  You produce some good talent in the lightweights down there in the northern part of Oldham County.  No offense to Mark Kusnir, he was pretty tough.

I already had a good tip on him.  You produce some good talent in the lightweights down there in the northern part of Oldham County.  No offense to Mark Kusnir, he was pretty tough.

Still is too.  Now he's nearing completion of his engineering program at speed school.

Also to threequarter- Zach, keep the phone in the pocket during school.

Idiot. :)

Still is too.  Now he's nearing completion of his engineering program at speed school.

Also to threequarter- Zach, keep the phone in the pocket during school.

Idiot. :)

Great to hear.  He had a motor that could run for 10 2-minute periods.

:roll: Penis is a bad word?  Okay, I'm sorry if I offended your delicate vocabulary.  I shall refrain from using the term on this forum in the future.  Since my three year old already uses the term when speaking about his anatomy and it is the medical name for that portion of your anatomy, I thought it was okay to use.

:roll: Penis is a bad word?  Okay, I'm sorry if I offended your delicate vocabulary.  I shall refrain from using the term on this forum in the future.  Since my three year old already uses the term when speaking about his anatomy and it is the medical name for that portion of your anatomy, I thought it was okay to use.

so why are you talking about you three year olds penis :evil:

See, kywrestling has exemplified the point about how delicate the young adults brains are.  Thank you for helping with this discussion kywresting!  :-D

See, kywrestling has exemplified the point about how delicate the young adults brains are.  Thank you for helping with this discussion kywresting!  :-D

i feel like you are some 20 year old who is in college and thinks he knows everything and thinks he is being clever by coming on an online message board and calling everyone kids. and really i hope so because if you are that means there is still hope for you to grow up, but if you really are some man in his 30's then its just sad that you come on a message board and talk to us kids the way you do. either way GET A LIFE!