Sign in to follow this  
Takedown Machine152

Best wrestlers in the state

He posted on the rankings thread that he wasn't wrestling because of personal reasons.  But... I find it more than coincidental that this came up after it was announced that Courtney is wrestling 160.  I already know what's going to happen now, people are going to come on here and be pissed off but sorry I don't care.  His reason is too vague, that combined with the coincidence makes me believe that Courtney coming up had something to do with his decision.  Sorry.

That statement ranks up there with among the most retarded things posted on this board.

Because I have received more than on PM I will take back my previous statement since I wasn't in on the loop.  However with the information I had it made sense, sorry.

By the way Olympic Wish I have read a few of your posts that have seemed pretty retarted and outlandish but I don't remember attacking you.  Just a thought.

Because I have received more than on PM I will take back my previous statement since I wasn't in on the loop.  However with the information I had it made sense, sorry.

By the way Olympic Wish I have read a few of your posts that have seemed pretty retarted and outlandish but I don't remember attacking you.  Just a thought.

Guess you should have gotten your shots in then.  :cry:

He posted on the rankings thread that he wasn't wrestling because of personal reasons.  But... I find it more than coincidental that this came up after it was announced that Courtney is wrestling 160.  I already know what's going to happen now, people are going to come on here and be pissed off but sorry I don't care.  His reason is too vague, that combined with the coincidence makes me believe that Courtney coming up had something to do with his decision.  Sorry.

For real though, aside from the 'personal attacks' you insinuate that Choate is basically being a wuss.  C'mon.  I support Harrison and WC as much as you, but to say that a state champ, 2x state finalist would QUIT wrestling b/c of Harrison Courtney isn't even outlandish, it's retarded.  Something a mentally handicapped person would say because they don't have a hold on reality. 

Harrison is stud, no doubt.  Didn't he get beat this weekend?  Hasn't he been beaten before?  Hasn't he been even beaten in, oh god, the state of kentucky?  I know it's been awhile, but for a 2x state finalist to QUIT because of him, makes him out to be Paul Bunyun or something.... some sort of weird folklore wrestler. 

Back to my original post about Fahy.  I hear the talk, I've seen him wrestle, I feel the hype.  I even agree with the #1 ranking.

HOWEVER

I will say this.  He'll win 103, and then 103 or 112 the next year probably, and then maybe 112 and maybe even 119.  BUT.... he better go the route of Ruschell and bulk up, show everyone he can compete at the upper weights.

I mean, come on, if we are going to laud him, and assume he will be what most here are testifying to, a national caliber bada** wrestler, let me be the first to say:  don't fall into the Travis Sullivan trap, where you beat up on the little guys for 4 years, and it amounts to a heap of overpadded national records, and wrestling at an NAIA in Kentucky.

John Fahey hasnt had one highschool match and already is being compared to someone else and predicted to be like them in some way.His accomplishments at the national level,such as 22or 23 time all american, exceeds anything I have heard of in kentucky.He has earned his wrestling skills with much hard work, planning,and guidance I am sure his high school career will have no less attention to detail.Lets just let him wrestle and see.

I'm not pissed.  I'm actually laughing right now at your line of thinking.  I know Dakoda.  He is a good kid.  I don't know all the reasons behind why he isn't wrestling, but if you knew him you would understand that he had to overcome a lot in his personal life to get to where he was last year.  Maybe it just finally caught up with him.  Like I said, I don't know for sure so I won't speculate.  However, Courtney is a phenominal wrestler and nobody can deny that.  But, if Dakoda didn't "dodge" Wolsiefer 2 years ago as a sophomore before winning a state title, he's not going "dodge" Courtney as a senior after winning his title last year.  You're line of thinking is just plain idiotic.  I know you'll come on here and be pissed off, but sorry I don't care.  lol.

I'm not pissed.  I'm actually laughing right now at your line of thinking.  I know Dakoda.  He is a good kid.  I don't know all the reasons behind why he isn't wrestling, but if you knew him you would understand that he had to overcome a lot in his personal life to get to where he was last year.  Maybe it just finally caught up with him.  Like I said, I don't know for sure so I won't speculate.  However, Courtney is a phenominal wrestler and nobody can deny that.  But, if Dakoda didn't "dodge" Wolsiefer 2 years ago as a sophomore before winning a state title, he's not going "dodge" Courtney as a senior after winning his title last year.  You're line of thinking is just plain idiotic.  I know you'll come on here and be pissed off, but sorry I don't care.  lol.

Very well put, sir.

Back to my original post about Fahy.  I hear the talk, I've seen him wrestle, I feel the hype.  I even agree with the #1 ranking.

HOWEVER

I will say this.  He'll win 103, and then 103 or 112 the next year probably, and then maybe 112 and maybe even 119.  BUT.... he better go the route of Ruschell and bulk up, show everyone he can compete at the upper weights.

I mean, come on, if we are going to laud him, and assume he will be what most here are testifying to, a national caliber bada** wrestler, let me be the first to say:  don't fall into the Travis Sullivan trap, where you beat up on the little guys for 4 years, and it amounts to a heap of overpadded national records, and wrestling at an NAIA in Kentucky.

i don't know why everyone has to hate on sullivan he does have 3 state championship rings and is a 4 time finalist. I mean yeah he's at an NAIA school but was offered scholarships to go division I. Just because he was in lighter weight classes you can't say that he isn't a good wrestler and doesnt' work as hard as any state champ would or has.

i don't know why everyone has to hate on sullivan he does have 3 state championship rings and is a 4 time finalist. I mean yeah he's at an NAIA school but was offered scholarships to go division I. Just because he was in lighter weight classes you can't say that he isn't a good wrestler and doesnt' work as hard as any state champ would or has.

if travis sullivan would have wrestled the caliber of wrestlers that other great wrestlers like himself did then he would have 4 state championships. he is a great wrestler no doubt but when he became obsessed with the record he was to worried about losing matches instead of wanting to wrestle the best. i dont think he lived up to his full potential.

if travis sullivan would have wrestled the caliber of wrestlers that other great wrestlers like himself did then he would have 4 state championships. he is a great wrestler no doubt but when he became obsessed with the record he was to worried about losing matches instead of wanting to wrestle the best. i dont think he lived up to his full potential.

i never thought about it that way. and now that you mention it you may be right, it makes sense after watching him his senior year. i think the record went to his head and he was too worried about losing. one of my teammates told me this last year, and it's finally starting to stick and hold true. don't wrestle not to lose, wrestle to win. watching sullivan his final match made me mad because he didnt seem like he was working as hard as i had seen him work before. maybe theres a reason, maybe theres not, or maybe he was just wrestling not to lose.