Sign in to follow this  
userdaddy

Toughest Tourney You've Wrestled

We always went to Mater Dei High every year and it usually was a blood bath.  My junior year we traveled to Stone Mt. in Atlanta .  The first day was wrestle offs to get seeded for the tourney & the second day was the real thing.  Think i had 10 matches that weekend

Mater Dei was a tourney that you had to prepare to go 6 mins every match.  You rarely would catch a fish there.  The  cape girardeau tiger classic was probably my most favorite of them all.

By far the toughest tourney for me was the Midwest Classic in pennsylvania.  All wrestlers were divided into 4 pools then you wrestled everyone in that pool.  The top two in your pool went on the wrestle the next day in a 16 man bracket.  Awesome tournament.

I meant Midwest Classic in Ohio

Is that a high school or college tournament?  The toughest tournament I wrestled in was probably the Midwest Classic in Indianapolis but it was college.

Is that a high school or college tournament?  The toughest tournament I wrestled in was probably the Midwest Classic in Indianapolis but it was college.

It was in High school.  Nobody on our team got out of that tournament without some type of blood loss.  It was great.

It was in High school.  Nobody on our team got out of that tournament without some type of blood loss.  It was great.

It was at Worthington Kilborne high school in the 90's.  I don't know if the site has changed or if the tourney is still going.